• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle with Ash in SoulSilver/HeartGold

CountGraduon

Does anyone else thing that the battle with Ash on top of Mt. Silver is just freaking EPIC? I mean he fights you with the pokemon he had in the anime which is awesome... and the blizzard like WHOA!

So what do you guys think about this?

I'm actually pretty sure its based on red from the original pokemon adventures manga, he doesn't have a blastoise or charizard but he does get a lend of them at one stage or another, but he also doesn't have a lapras.

Meh, guess it could be either.

BCVM22

So what do you guys think about this?

That you're mistaken.

I'm actually pretty sure its based on red from the original pokemon adventures manga.

He isn't.

He's not Ash nor is he based on PokéSpecial Red. He is simply Red, the male trainer character as whom you played in any of the 1st generation titles and FireRed/Leaf Green.

His Pokémon roster is not a reference to the anime or any of the manga. Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise and Pikachu are the Pokémon that graced the boxes of the four 1st generation titles and are all Pokémon you're given if you play through Yellow Version. Espeon/Lapras and Snorlax are Pokémon that "Red" - you, the gamer, playing through the Kanto template in either the 1st or 3rd generation - was given or caught in his journey through Kanto; Espeon is the evolved form of the Eevee given to "him" by Bill, Lapras is a gift given in the Silph Co. building, and Snorlax, of course, has to be battled/captured on Routes 12 and 16.

The games are the central medium of the franchise, from which the myriad of adaptations take their material. It does not work in reverse nor has it ever.

May the "issue" rest now, until the next person brings it up...

Last edited:

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Actually, Red's Pikachu is based off of Ash's. It has the same exact moves that Ash's has been using in the current series. As for the others, I'm not sure. There was an allusion that Red's team is Ash's during his adventures in the Orange Islands (Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Snorlax, Lapras), although Blastoise and Venasaur are the evolved ones. And the moves don't match up.

Sonic527

Speed fanatic
Red is based off of the hero in Pokemon Yellow. Pokemon Yellow is based more on the anime with Pikachu and team Rocket but otherwise thats it. In the game Red is given all the pokemon except for Snorelax which can be either caught or fought. In yellow there were two Snorelax's that covered the routes, one in front of the bike road and another in front of Diglet Cave. Notice that in HG/SS there is only one snorelax that is in front of Diglet's cave.

Jirachidude

collecter and trader
I agree, this is definitely the most epic battle in the game, especially with the blizzard in the background.

MrPostman

Viceroy
Actually, Red's Pikachu is based off of Ash's. It has the same exact moves that Ash's has been using in the current series. As for the others, I'm not sure. There was an allusion that Red's team is Ash's during his adventures in the Orange Islands (Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Snorlax, Lapras), although Blastoise and Venasaur are the evolved ones. And the moves don't match up.
Because Pikachu has such a huge movepool, especially back in GSC when you first fought red. :|

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Yeah, I love battling red. He's freakin awesome. He is easily the best CPU trainer ever to be made in pokemon.

lethal Xsanity

Yes as BCVM22 has stated Red is the player you have played with in the
1st Generation Games.
It was supposed to be the Grand finale of the Pokemon Game Franchise,as you have to fight and defeat the Champion of the 1st gen. in an Epic all out battle.

I think it's awesome as he's the strongest in the game..he's supposed to be "The Best"
so beating him should grant you a feeling of acomplishment and success.

There was no epic battle with ash.

red on the other hand..

There was no epic battle with ash.

red on the other hand..

projectaumaan

As others have said, IT'S NOT ASH. A basic Google/Bulbapedia or Serebii search would tell you that.

Also, it's not a freaking Blizzard. Do your Pokémon get hurt by it every turn? No. It's Diamond Dust. Look it up. Cool effect in the overworld, but does nada in battles.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
Also, it's not a freaking Blizzard. Do your Pokémon get hurt by it every turn? No. It's Diamond Dust. Look it up. Cool effect in the overworld, but does nada in battles.

They do actually. There's constant hail. I should know, I've done it twice, and it was a problem in trying to outstall his Lapras with Umbreon.

Edit: Looked it up on Bulbapedia. Turns out there is diamond dust with no in battle effect on certain special days. Otherwise it's hail.

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
First off, that's not Ash, it's Red, the character who Ash is based off of. Second, Red only used four Pokemon Ash used: Pikachu, Charizard, Snorlax, and Lapras; Ash never had a Venusaur and Blastoise because he hasn't evolved his Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Third, it's a hailstorm, not a blizzard.

Espeon is the evolved form of the Eevee given to "him" by Bill

Red got his Eevee from the rooftop of that Game Freak building from Celadon City (please don't hurt me).

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

Ash and Adventures Red are based on Red, which explains their similar parties. But the three of them are different people.

trade_me_for_a_celebi

Training to beat Red
Red is the original trainer you are in the 1st gen. It's amazing his pokes are leveled so high when considering the only thing close to him are level 65 whenyou battle Lance and Clair with your rival. But hey, it was a great addon and is one of the best ideas thrown into the game IMO

overheat

Fire Type Trainer
yeah it was just an awesome battle, I had a bit of a problem with his snorlax though, though dude :)