• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battles in the Sky! (839)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Also would have liked to see Hawlucha put up a better fight.

Me too, but given Fletchling's evolution, I get why Hawlucha was made to look like the fall guy for Fletchinder's sake.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was surprised that Yayakoma and Luchabull were allowed to compete in Sky Battles unlike in the X/Y games, and I was awestruck when Satoshi's Hinoyakoma defeated Nami's Fiarrow.

Yea that seemed weird to me although then again, the show is known to ignore game limitations any ways. I'm glad that sky battles differed here to an extent compared to the games, otherwise Fletchling wouldn't have evolved against Talonflame.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Looking back, since we saw Serena and Clemont in Sky Battle suits, it makes me angry that neither one of them got to have a Sky Battle here and simply had to watch Ash, Hawlucha, and Fletchling (sorry, Fletchinder) hog them instead. :/

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Looking back, since we saw Serena and Clemont in Sky Battle suits, it makes me angry that neither one of them got to have a Sky Battle here and simply had to watch Ash, Hawlucha, and Fletchling (sorry, Fletchinder) hog them instead. :/

They should have had Serena catch a flying type so that she could at least try it :/

Leonhart

Imagineer
I would've enjoyed if instead of this episode focusing on Satoshi's Yayakoma's evolution, that Serena's mother's Yayakoma could've appeared as a way of getting Serena interested in pursuing Sky Battles as her goal.

Until now I was never able to fully understand the moral of being small having an advantage because being small means you're more agile than everyone else and since Talonflame is suppose to be faster than Fletchling due to being the final evolved form, and when applying common sense on size the smaller you are the slower you become at evading incoming threats. And I thought maybe after Bonnie said 'there are some things only smaller people can do', that it indicated that Fletchling would never evolve again.

Leonhart

Imagineer
And I thought maybe after Bonnie said 'there are some things only smaller people can do', that it indicated that Fletchling would never evolve again.

I didn't put any emphasis on what she said myself, although I did feel like Hinoyakoma was good enough for Satoshi's team, and that he didn't need to evolve again later.

Scorbunnie

Serena would have made a great sky battler so I wanted to see this episode explore more about that possibility instead of focusing on Ash and Fletchling.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Missed opportunity to not make Serena a sky trainer! The sky trainer look fits her well and she even looked cool when she commanded fennekin in mid air. Have Braixen fly on her stick (like a broom) at you get a cool twist on sky battling.