• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battles in the Sky! (839)

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
YESS Fletchinder! So proud of you sis

Great ep.

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
Flame Charge?? Really lol?? Still, great to see Fletchinder get a win after such a dry spell. I mean Fletchling impressed the crap out of me this episode. He was a beast and the fact that he held his own against his fully evolved form and even got a few hits in before evolving was amazing <3!!!

People better not start the Fletchinder isn't gonna evolve into Talonflame now since he beat him crap....

Also, just for my battle record thread, Talonflame actually legit fainted(swirly eyes) after the battle with Fletchinder right??

Lol I saw that comment you posted on YouTube about that.

But all in all I really enjoyed this episode and especially loved how they played "Volt" when Fletchling evolved.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Was that a slight nod to the magna version of Serena, who is a Sky Battler, the fact that Serena did better than Ash and Clemont in the air tunnel training (or at least landed better)? Granted I don't think Anime Serena will be a Sky Battler as she doesn't even have a Flying type Pokemon.

DotKU

Champion
This episode definitely did Fletchling justice! And the music went with the whole episode, especially the evolution part, very nicely.

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
After watching the evolution sequence again (which was amazing), I noticed something strange. At the exact moment Fletchling's shaped changed into Fletchinder, some of the fire from the Fire Blast seemed to have been "absorbed" into Fletchinder. It may have just been the animation, but interesting nonetheless.

nuzamaki90

Everyone else has already said what I wanted to say so I guess I don't have to make a long post about why this episode was so good. I give it a 9/10 only because the animation was just terrible at some points and evolution episodes don't deserve that.

Fletchy made Ash's Brave Birds proud today. Not only did he analyze Talonflame's battling style ala Noctowl, and then bringing that Staraptor sense of combat and fluidity, but he also went full Swellow when he took on that Fire Blast and made it his own. That was an amazing way to evolve and the DP and XY themes playing during the fight made it all the better.

Can't say the same about our Hero of Justice however..lol

LizardonX

Banned
Let's get one thing straight.

Fletchling did not beat smogonbird.

Smogonbird is a unique variant of talonflame which possesses the ability to harness the power of the winds to allow all of its moves to strike first.

The talonflame fletchling beat was not that. If it was he would have been struck down by brave bird before it could move.

The talonflame fletchling beat through an act of DEM is a normal run of the mill talonflame, only notable for hatching other pokemon's eggs and ferrying them to the IV checker, and beating a substitute birthmother is nothing to be proud of.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Honestly speaking, this is my favorite episode of XY so far. Bonnie got a surprising amount of focus this episode, Serena got a good moment, Fletchling's evolution was so greatly handled, the COTDs were pretty good, Talonflame was a bit of a douche but later came to respect Fletchling, Chespin even got time for his antics and the group interactio when they meet Hawlucha is cool (I liked how Froakie was impressed and Fletchling was slightly intimidated). Playing Volt during the evolution was epic. There really wasn't anything to criticize during this episode except if you reall want to TRio (but it was important in getting Talonflame to respect Fletchling and we got to see Serena take charge. Plus I enjoy it when their ambushes are complete surprises).

nuzamaki90

The talonflame fletchling beat through an act of DEM is a normal run of the mill talonflame, only notable for hatching other pokemon's eggs and ferrying them to the IV checker, and beating a substitute birthmother is nothing to be proud of.

How was it DEM? Evolving from Fire Blast?

Talonflame being caught off guard because of Fletchinder's constant speed boosts from Flame Charge isn't really DEM

JD

Just watched it probably one of my favorite episode of X and Y so far. I'm surprised that Fletchling did so well against Talonflame before evolving.

Let's get one thing straight.

Fletchling did not beat smogonbird.

Smogonbird is a unique variant of talonflame which possesses the ability to harness the power of the winds to allow all of its moves to strike first.

The talonflame fletchling beat was not that. If it was he would have been struck down by brave bird before it could move.

Speak English.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
How was it DEM? Evolving from Fire Blast?

Talonflame being caught off guard because of Fletchinder's constant speed boosts from Flame Charge isn't really DEM

yeah, normal talonflames can somehow allow the opponent to land dozen flame charges in a row.

Smogonbirds scoff at any form of speed boosting.

JD

yeah, normal talonflames can somehow allow the opponent to land dozen flame charges in a row.

Smogon doesn't exist in the anime so you're just babbling nonsense.

phanpycross

God-king
Yeah, this episode was all kinds of great.

Everyone on the cast got a good moment, I liked the battles a lot, and fletchinger looks great.

The animation was pretty spotty at times, and fletchling's new voice sounds awfully feminine, which was weird.

This is certainly in the top 5 of XY episodes. /so far).

Hikatoshi26

Not everyone have God mod final evos like Trip did so Flame Charge spam worked also, Fletchinder knew its fighting style and flying patterns so it cowered behind mountains.

Also, pfffffft hahaahah Smogonbird it clearly didnt have Gale Wings.

zzz1000120

I'm suprise to see Serena get her 10 seconds of fame in an Ash episode in the wind tunnel and gliding towards the TRio balloon while releasing Fenniken on to her back and using flamethower to destroy the balloon. how did fenniken know when to get out of the ball and know to go on her back?.

5APHIRA

This episode was amazing! I'm watching the evolution scene over and over again :D This time it was actually vital TR showed up so Fletchling had the chance to shine. Not to mention badass Serena! Bonnie was adorable and interactons within the group were great :)

Btw, has the mega evo bracelet always been red in the beginning of opening scene? Thought it was black earlier..