• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BattleSpot Competitive Team

Kadyssa

Casual IV Breeder
BattleSpot/OU Team, Edited

After some more testing and a lot of thought, I decided to switch out the majority of my team, and I feel that I covered more weaknesses as well as made the team run more smoothly as a whole. I use a lot of health restoration moves and the overall offensive strategy tends to boil down to defense. I like to pull out a nearly dead offensive pokemon and see Wish bring my threat right back to life, usually after I've already gotten rid of whatever was pounding it. At the very least, now, if I'm going to lose then I'm going to put up around 20 turns of good fight first.

I struggle to balance Pokemon I actually want to raise with Pokemon that are competitively viable. I don't use legendaries and I avoid megas that boost already strong Pokemon. Add to that a preference for 3-stage evolutions and my picky taste in Pokemon tends to leave me with a shallow pool to dip from when making a competitive team. That said, I'm more than open to suggestions for replacing Pokemon that I haven't already bred.

I've been testing the revised team in Pokemon Showdown's OU (suspect test)

Macromi (Scolipede) With Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Point
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Megahorn
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Jab

Macromi is but a gorgeous little shiny Venipede in X, but in Pokemon showdown she provides me with endless entertainment as she uses Rock slide to one-shot Mega Charizard Y and any Talonflame that doesn't use a Gale Wings boosted Brave Bird. When not dealing with Fire-Flying types, 'Cromi puts down toxic spikes and acts as a counter to fairies, or hits Psychic, Dark and Grass types with Megahorn. She often ends up as a suicide lead and she is purely offensive.

Theo (Scrafty) With Shell Bell

Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Theo is another already-bred level one in X like Macromi. In Showdown, however, he can take a hit or two while getting prepped with Dragon Dance, then uses Drain Punch combined with his Shell Bell to deal out damage and keep his health up. Crunch makes a nice stab, but Ice Punch honestly gets more use. Theo is my primary sweeper, but I switch him out whenever I come up against a Flying type or a Fairy. I imagine Scrafties have a crippling natural fear of fairies. XD

Vaporeon With Sitrus Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Surf
- Wish

I originally started to try out Vaporeon because I wanted something specially defensive, and I already planned to breed one for my themed triples team, so why not have it fill a more important role as well? Never hurts to avoid an extra couple hours of egg hatching. As I tested with it, I found out how nice it is to be able to wish-pass behind a substitute. I really would prefer to have Ice Beam for a damaging move, but I decided to keep Surf instead because it gets STAB and works better with the triples team. Vaporeon often effectively gets rid of Talonflame as well, making it useful later in the battle when Macromi is usually already down.

Remy (Espeon) With Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Yawn
- Reflect
- Morning Sun

I've been trying to find a space for Remy on my main team ever since I traded for him. Turned out I just needed to tweak him into a support role to make him fit perfectly! Reflect fills some of the defensive cracks in my team and Psychic simply acts as a STAB move. Yawn usually forces threats to switch out and Morning Sun gives pretty reliable recovery. As a whole, Remy annoys opponents, stalls for Macromi's poison to do its job and counters Fighting and Poison types.

Crobat With Focus Sash
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 128 Def / 128 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Cross Poison
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

I chose Crobat over my beloved Talonflame because I really just got tired of losing half my health to Stealth Rock. Crobat also has access to Defog to get rid of those pesky entry hazards. Cross Poison works for one STAB while Brave Bird works for the other, leaving Roost to deal with the recoil. Crobat aims to counter Fairies and Fighting types and otherwise sweep. Since Crobat took the spot I had intended to fill with a physical tank, I decided its defenses were good enough to be worth boosting and split EV's between them.

Eelektross With Leftovers

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Iron Tail

I had a Tynamo that I was quite fond of in Black, but when it evolved I decided it was hideous, stuck it in a box and never looked at it again. Now that I know Eelektrik grows out of its awkward teens, Eelektross is my king of coverage. Between his four moves he hits 9(?) types super effectively and always seems to surprise opponents. It has a distinct lack of weaknesses and an immunity to spikes, so with leftovers and Giga Drain it stays alive long enough to be effective.

Common threats to my team are usually confined to Mega and normal Salamence, Talonflame with Brave Bird, Gliscor with Substitute, occasionally Mega Sableye, and anything that I don't expect to have dazzling gleam.

Last edited: