• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling A Cute Drama (593)

Marilyn gave me the creeps each time she went wide eye. I noticed that Ash didn't get a lot of screen time, but I knew the episode was just especially for Brock (see Japanese episode featuring an eyecatch of Brock and Croagunk) and hearing Sudowoodo was just bizarre. Dawn's reaction towards her name calling and in Marilyn's Poke matches were just obstruct.

FlameRose

Marilyn was freaking hilarious. I swear, when she got all hyper over Buneary I DIED. Then I was revived and died again at Piplup's reaction, which was made even better because it stayed like that for over a minute.

The scene with Brock and Croagunk, however, was comdeic gold. Wrestling box, wacky shading, and a great speech from Brock? Pffft. Awesome.

I like the explanation behind Shellder, and WHY Marilyn was so obsessed with Cute Pokemon. That thing was so adorable in the last scene...

All in all, a really fun episode! Even if it had just been a filler without the clothes at the end, enjoyable nontheless. ^^

STICKTOPIA

Marilyn was freaking hilarious. I swear, when she got all hyper over Buneary I DIED. Then I was revived and died again at Piplup's reaction, which was made even better because it stayed like that for over a minute.

The scene with Brock and Croagunk, however, was comdeic gold. Wrestling box, wacky shading, and a great speech from Brock? Pffft. Awesome.

I like the explanation behind Shellder, and WHY Marilyn was so obsessed with Cute Pokemon. That thing was so adorable in the last scene...

All in all, a really fun episode! Even if it had just been a filler without the clothes at the end, enjoyable nontheless. ^^
I know that girl is crazy! Piplup's reaction had me dying! Yea That scene with cragunk was awesome. Yea at least we know WHY she was obsessed with cute pokemon.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. It was a little funny how that crazy girl said Piplup was annoying looking as well as Mime Jr getting shot down too. As always, Meowth’s idea for Cherubi was hilarious.

Vernikova

Champion
Marilyn is one of my favorite characters in Sinnoh. Her wacky attitude had me laughing throughout the episode. Mr. Mime Jr.'s reaction when she called him ugly was hilarious. It was a pretty funny episode.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
I agree with whoever said that this episode turned out to be better than expected!

Today's episode was good mainly because it was so weird. I don't know why, but this unique mixture of weird and freaky scenes on the one hand and hilarious scenes on the other made it something special.
My initial fears that the episode would end up being a childish "girlie" story were soon allayed when I realized that the fuss Marilyn made about cute Pokemon was meant not to be taken all too seriously but rather ironically.

My favorite scenes this time were:
- Marylin bashing Piplup and Mime Jr. ( Although I still think that Jessie's "level-headed thinking" as Meowth called it, was really good and would pay off)
- That kitschy scene in which Marilyn was lying on the grass, mimicing a suffering Pokemon. Great show! Drama, drama!
- Brock as some kind of boxing trainer, cheering Croagunk up! Although this was meant to be kind of ironic again, it was nevertheless a cool and above all heroic scene. These are the moments I like the most!

What I didn't like, though, was the fact that Dawn's Buneary lost to a tiny, unspectacular "Cherry-Pokemon"... I mean, it has already won contests and now such a bad fight?? But I'm not so sure whether we can solely blame Buneary for it, as Dawn didn't show her true battling skills today either. I was also a little bit disappointed that Ash didn't have to do anything at all today. Ok it was supposed to be a Brock-episode, but, nevertheless, if you ask me Ash was too passive, quite apart from Pikachu.
And Jessie...that dress was uuugly...where did you get that from? From an old clothes collection? From a rummage sale? XD

All in all, a surprisingly good and entertaining episode which I enjoyed very much and which was really worth watching!

7 out of 10 points

ribcage_x

I liked this episode ^~^
I think shelder is adorable way cuter than cherubi! Even those cherubi is cute as a star shaped button.
Finally brock got good screen time. and FINALLY someone says the truth about piplup :p lol

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
this episode was funny brock is so dramatic

I loved this episode. :'D

It was hilarious and I loved Marilyn's character in it. Plus, the "Dawny" "Brocky" and "Ashy" nicknames were cute. xD Anyone who thinks Shellder isn't cute can get their ass' kicked. Shellder is adorable... ;;

This ep made me lol. :p

thunderblade12

Scenes like the one in this episode make me wonder how any one could hate Piplup. I love how it was frozen for like 2 minutes after Marilyn said it wasn't cute.

Buneary losing to Cherubi isn't really all that bad. In the game they have about the same stats and Cherbi did have solarbeam

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I took a pass on this episode just because Marilyn called Mime Jr. ugly.

BLASPHEMY!!!

mimefan

Banned
Marilyn said Dawny, I thought she was calling her Donnie.

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
I didn't like this episode at all.
I found it wayyyy too corny and kept wishing I could skip past it until something happened.
The only part I found worth watching was when Cherubi started actually fighting.
I wanted to just tell Brock to shut up with the "IT'S A BOND BETWEEN TRAINERS AND THEIR POKEMON". He had to say it five times, didn't he?

If trainers really wanted to make things dramatic, then so be it.
Gimmick teams, endure, focus sash and death fodder must be terms that brock doesn't know about.

STICKTOPIA

Another thing, she just loves to use the word "valiant". She wants her pokemon to do everything "valiantly" even if it's to return them back in the pokeball.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Yeah, I was expecting this to be an alright filler, but it actually turned out pretty good. I liked it. :) Marilyn was indeed so crazy and funny. Poor Piplup and Mime Jr. for getting rejected. xD

Another anime mess up my friend told me, Solar Beam fired "just like that". He said, not related to the games? Not even related to the anime! xD

Anyway, good episode. And Im glad that Dawn got her Platinum clothes and gets to wear them for awhile.

halloweenghost

enjoyed it for some reason this episode almost felt kanto ish first season to me.

best line to me

"Another day, another Zillion dollars"

HoennMaster

This episode was better then I thought. I was pleasantly surprised. I loved how they have her think a pokémon that most people wouldn't think it cute is cute. Makes me happy since I think a lot of pokémon like that are cute.

I didn't expect that Cherubi to be that big, maybe I should check its pokedex info.

It's the same size as the last time it appeared.