• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling A Cute Drama (593)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well, I saw the original episode when it aired in Japan and then the dubbed version. I liked them both. By far one of the best fillers in Sinnoh.

Mari is so cute in both versions. Her VA did a good job.

Brumrha

Banned
I'm terribly sorry that I wasn't able to get a summary up for the last ep., but there was nothing much that interests me other than Dawn's Ambipom leaving. Rest assured, she will be missed, but eventually, she will also be forgotten, most likely.

Okay, now it's time to turn the page.

- The gang are traveling in a subterranean tunnel. Wait, what happened to them traveling on roads & stuff? Oh! That's right, they're going through Mt. Coronet to get to Snowpoint! Dhur!
- They come out to a huge winter breeze, so the first thing they do is go to a Pokemon Center.
- Dawn is expecting a package from god knows who, but unfortunately, it hasn't arrived yet, so they decide to pass some time...
- OMG! A random stranger is charging straight for us! RUN!!!!
- Okay, so she just wants to hug & squeeze Dawn's Buneary. O-kay... Someone get a mental hospital on hold.
- Looks like this "Marylin" is into those disgustingly cute Pokemon, at least in her mind.
- Dawn shows her her Piplup...
- Piplup gets rejected by Marylin! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
- Dawn is not pleased by that, so she demands a war from her. That's what I'm talking about!
- Buneary VS Cherubi! FIGHT!!
- Oh, wait, we can't; Marylin is too busy going Gaga over her Cherubi.
- Dawn takes the initiative, & she finds out that Marylin is not the usual "trainer"
- She's actually more into the drama of standing up against your opponents with unbreakable valor.
- Now that I mentioned it, she does resemble a certain actress from the 1960's that died from a drug overdose...
- Wonderful! TR on the prowl again...
- They think Giovanni is going to go Gaga over Cherubi as well? I thought he is supposed to be a manly man!!
- What?! Buneary's dead, Jim?! That's unheard of!!
- Marylin goes to get some numnums, but she is easily diverted to TR with a promise of another "cute" Pokemon.
- Jessie show her James' Mime Jr....
- Mime Jr. gets rejected by Marylin! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
- James breaks down over this, & vows to get revenge...
- In the meantime, Brock gets ready for his fight against Marylin.
- At first, she is reluctant to join up, but once he shows her his Happiny, she goes Gaga over her, & she gladly accepts.
- & right on cue, it's James in his referee disguise. Perfect!
- Sudowodo VS Cherubi. FIGHT!!
- Hey!! This is supposed to be a war, not a Shakespearean Drama Contest! I'm not amused!
- & neither is James, so he forces a draw.
- Croagunk VS Chingling. FIGHT!!
- Croagunk gets Chingling on the ropes...
- Growl? I have to admit, I've seen this how many times, but that the first time it's been used here.
- A Confusion?! AHHHH!! Croagunk's going to die!!
- Oh wait, he recovers a-la one of those boxing champs trying their best to defend their title. Awesomeness!
- Croagunk again goes bipolar on Chingling... & Chingling is dead, Jim! That's what I'm talking about!
- Marylin excuses herself... she goes to her bag... & takes out a fourth ball. I wonder what's in it?
- Happiny VS Shellder?? Okay. FIGHT!!
- What?! We're under attack by TR!!
- NOES!! They're stealing Marylin's Pokemon!
- Marylin freezes them with her Shellder, & Happiny slaps them into the sky & away to god knows where.
- Thankfully, enough time has passed for Nurse Joy to receive Dawn's package from her mom. What's inside of it?
- It's a whole line of winter gear for the entire gang! Yay, now they're protected from the affects of frostbite!
- ...With the exception of Dawn, as her legs are still bare. I'm guessing that she still wants to show off her legs so that she can gloat, "ME DEAD SEXY!!!111!one!" even in the Russian Winter. I have no idea what's going on in her head, but it isn't pretty...

I'm going to let my bloodfrenzy deliver the bottom line for this episode.

Yuck, all of this so-called "Kawaii" in this episode is disgusting beyond belief for me. This is more like some sort of Soap Opera spin-off or something. Also, this Marylin plays like a little girl! I'm glad that's over now; now I need some blood!

Last edited:

Sweeney Todd

...with passion. ♥
It was a "Meh..." episode for me. I didn't really find anything particularly interesting in this episode other than the new winter clothes.

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
I really hated this episode...Marilyn's cute disorder reminded me of the so much better Gardenia Grass pokemon obsession
Gardenia = awesome
Marilyn= annoying
and Buneary lost to a Cherrim...please one of the more dissapointing moments

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
Cute to the max? Clearly Marilyn has never been to Hoenn, land of Nerd Hate.
I thot it a nice touch that they keep her nickname tendency Hikarin ~ Dawny. The winter/Platinum outfits were a welcome sight. I felt sorry for Mime Jr. and Piplup being rejected altho the reaction shots were so cleverly animated that I lol'd anyway. And Sudowoodo should ttly join the poke version of a Shakespeare Company that Mimic/Fake Tears combo was amazing!!
Since Marilyn had 4 pokeballs but only used 3, I wonder what "cutie" she had planned to use before settling on Shellder?

granbull guy

Vasoline
I liked that they brought the Platinum outfits but that was all I liked

STICKTOPIA

Cute to the max? Clearly Marilyn has never been to Hoenn, land of Nerd Hate.
I thot it a nice touch that they keep her nickname tendency Hikarin ~ Dawny. The winter/Platinum outfits were a welcome sight. I felt sorry for Mime Jr. and Piplup being rejected altho the reaction shots were so cleverly animated that I lol'd anyway. And Sudowoodo should ttly join the poke version of a Shakespeare Company that Mimic/Fake Tears combo was amazing!!
Since Marilyn had 4 pokeballs but only used 3, I wonder what "cutie" she had planned to use before settling on Shellder?
We'll never know...

Rebeccag

Marylins slightly crazy hehe. Felt sorry for Mime Jr and Piplup when she said they wasnt cute. And I loved calling Dawn and Brock Dawny and Brocky ^_^
James dressing as a ref......... was kinda weird. And if Marylin says valentely one more time that drove me mad lol
And i also love Dawns red coat as well ^_^

Boomguy

If Happiny had of battled and won i'm pretty sure it would evolve into Chansey still w8ing for the day that Happiny will evolve

STICKTOPIA

Marylins slightly crazy hehe. Felt sorry for Mime Jr and Piplup when she said they wasnt cute. And I loved calling Dawn and Brock Dawny and Brocky ^_^
James dressing as a ref......... was kinda weird. And if Marylin says valentely one more time that drove me mad lol
And i also love Dawns red coat as well ^_^
That's the 1 word I'll hate the most omg!

P.S. Valiantly*

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
porr piplup and mime jr. they are too cute! but that girl was just plain funny. i dont see how other people didint think shelder was cute though

STICKTOPIA

porr piplup and mime jr. they are too cute! but that girl was just plain funny. i dont see how other people didint think shelder was cute though
I don't see how you see piplup and shelder as cute.....

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good Brock episode.

I loved the battle vs Marylin.

especially vs Cherubi, Sudowoodo was kind when it lost...

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Arrrrgh, can I just say how much Marilyn annoyed me in this episode? Sure, cute pokemon can be adorable, and everyone has their own idea of how cute or not a pokemon can be (I know how many people disagree with me, by contrast, with my opinion that cradilly is the ugliest pokemon ever), but even a few minutes of her in the episode tests my patience. At least Brock makes the episode interesting, chastising Marilyn for the way she treats her pokemon and teaching her the right way to battle, but he's the only really good thing about the episode. And I think Mime Jr. is cute myself, and Chingling just... isn't.

It was interesting to see Sudowoodo use fake tears for the first time since it evolved, though.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This episode made me yawn all the way through.. I'm not a dude that likes the cute types.. so this was destined to suck in my eyes, though I did like Brock's involvement a lot. You can say what you want about him, but he's the knowledgable guy in the group. A sort of mentor, and that's why I still like to put up with him even after 600+ episodes.. especially appearences like these help him retain his small fanbase :p

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
An okay episode. It was good enough for Brock, I guess. Kind of disappointing to see Sudowoodo not battle, and Happiny in her 'first battle.' Nothing special, but Marilyn and Dawn were comical a few times.

6.5/10.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Another disappointing episode. The best part was when they got their winter clothes and that was about it...

I am going to stab anyone who says "kawaii" within the next month. This episode has seriously used up my "kawaii" tolerence for the next ten years.

To me, that word is kind of annoying no matter what!

Anyway...

- Piplup's expressions when it was told it wasn't cute. I though it was going to stay in that position forever!

- That scene with Brock and Croagunk and the Boxing ring type battlefield reminded me of that quote from one of the Rocky movies:
"You're gonna eat lightning and c**p thunder!"

- Marilyn had 4 Pokeballs but only showed 3 Pokemon. Did she ever send out that 4th one?