• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling A Cute Drama (593)

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Who says Piplup is not cute?

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Cherubi, Shellos, Chingling and Shellder again. They looked cute with the ribbons on. It was cool to see the Gang get new clothes, for winter. Marilyn was such a pain, she absolutely hated Piplup, but loved Buneary instead. Even Mime Jr. was rejected by her. Happiny finally got to have her own battle. It was cool to see Sudowoodo have a battle for a change. Piplup's face when Marilyn rejected her was hilarious!

Marilyn was creepy. That is all.

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
It's nice to see a character who has a different opinion on pokemon. Marilyn was hilarious

Last edited:

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
It was nice to see Brock lit up with some of his old fire again.

Marilyn's criteria for cuteness was...interesting. I actually think Shellder's kinda cute, so she just has some lousy friends.

TRio didn't have to be in this episode.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It was nice to see Brock lit up with some of his old fire again.

Marilyn's criteria for cuteness was...interesting. I actually think Shellder's kinda cute, so she just has some lousy friends.

TRio didn't have to be in this episode.

Looking back at this episode now, doesn't this episode feel like it could have been a Cilan episode in BW? :p

Janovy

Banned
Looking back at this episode now, doesn't this episode feel like it could have been a Cilan episode in BW? :p
Every episode now seems like it could have been a Cilan episode, he's a Sommelier for literally everything. xD

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow

Indeed, Cilan could have fit in here almost seamlessly. Makes you wonder how early his character was conceived...

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Rewatched this episode on Pokémon TV. It's always great to see Brock get attention, but I noticed something....the lesson of the episode is the exact opposite of what the writers have done with the characters recently. Dawn got cutesy Pokémon and Piplup never evolved because of $$$, and we still have Pokémon like Oshawott and Axew.

I'm surprised at the hypocrisy

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
At first I really couldn't stomach this episode, but after seeing it a few times and most recently last night I'd have to say that's actually a pretty funny episode. I found Brock to be hilarious in this and Marilyn insulting Piplup and Mme Jr. by not finding them to be cute was pretty funny. It was also pretty funny to find out that one of Marilyn's Pokemon she found cute was a Shellder. 8/10

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
This was a great episode for Brock its a shame some people view DP Brock in such a negative light when he got some good episodes during this saga.

JudySpell

Banned
Marilyn was fickle and shallow & I was so shocked by how Brock changed her. Shellder was cute too so I don't get why Marilyn was ashamed of it. 7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hee hee, I loved how Marilyn thought Buneary was cute and how she didn't like Piplup. Seeing her snub Mime Jr was funny too and I liked how Ash's group changed into clothes from Platinum version.

This was a great episode for Brock its a shame some people view DP Brock in such a negative light when he got some good episodes during this saga.

This was one of the few episodes that he got in Sinnoh yes but still, he didn't even develop here. All he did was teach Cherubi girl a lesson and that was all. :(

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Marilyn was weird. Like, Shellder looks so cute, yet she neglected it. Brock was kind of annoying when he nagged Marilyn btw. I liked Dawn's Platinum outfit and Ash and Brock looked nice, too.

Alloutℯ

Banned
That girl was pretty darn annoying, but omigosh her EYES! They were totally adorable! It's nice to see a cutesy character sometimes; we've had so many (dare I say it) normal looking characters. Marilyn was a good break from the norm.

Shayuin

Banned
This was a nice goofy episode. It's always cool to see Brock get to do something for a change. Dawn got her new Platinum clothes, so that's pretty neat.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Marilyn's pretentious attitude made me dislike her at first, but she changed for the better once Takeshi's battling demonstration happened. I liked seeing another Cherinbo, and Shellder was positively cute, which made me question why Marilyn was ashamed of it.