• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling A Cute Drama (593)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Brock is such a great character when he's allowed to thrive.

He really is, and I wish he'd been given more chances to shine in the Shinou saga instead of him being shoved aside the majority of the time.

Daizy

I call you honey
The main thing about this episode that made me confused was why Dawn and the others even cared so much what Marilyn thought about their Pokemon. Ash and co. seemed so salty even though Marilyn had a right to her opinion.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
The main thing about this episode that made me confused was why Dawn and the others even cared so much what Marilyn thought about their Pokemon. Ash and co. seemed so salty even though Marilyn had a right to her opinion.

They were simply trying to make her see that Pokemon shouldn't be judged based on looks. She had every right to her own opinion, but Satoshi and his friends also had the right to disagree with her.

Jnmisty

It is not very often that Brock gets really angry at someone other than Team Rocket for trying to take one his or the others pokemon. Plus it is the breeder in him that saw right through Marilyn’s ways.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jnmisty said:
It is not very often that Brock gets really angry at someone other than Team Rocket for trying to take one his or the others pokemon. Plus it is the breeder in him that saw right through Marilyn’s ways.

In a way I thought it was somewhat out of character for Takeshi to be so passionate about Marilyn's bias against ugly Pokemon, however. While it was a very wrong mindset for her to have, at the end of the day she wasn't hurting anyone by having her own personal likes and dislikes regarding Pokemon.

Jnmisty

That maybe true, however in one of his lines he said that cuteness maybe a factor to a pokemon but it is a bond and relationship between a pokemon and its trainer shines through. To me, it is what a Pokemon connoisseur would say as well

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jnmisty said:
That maybe true, however in one of his lines he said that cuteness maybe a factor to a pokemon but it is a bond and relationship between a pokemon and its trainer shines through. To me, it is what a Pokemon connoisseur would say as well

Takeshi's dialogue here did remind me of something that a character like Dent might say, which is strange since Takeshi was merely a Pokemon Breeder and not a Pokemon Sommelier. Whether his speech to Marilyn here was meant to foreshadow the introduction of Pokemon Sommeliers later on or not is questionable, but at least Takeshi got a chance to show his wisdom.

Jnmisty

Takeshi's dialogue here did remind me of something that a character like Dent might say, which is strange since Takeshi was merely a Pokemon Breeder and not a Pokemon Sommelier. Whether his speech to Marilyn here was meant to foreshadow the introduction of Pokemon Sommeliers later on or not is questionable, but at least Takeshi got a chance to show his wisdom.
Yeah, it is like we get an Easter Egg thing for the upcoming Unova episodes or something like that.

Scorbunnie

The only thing from here that I remember as being big news was the new winter clothing that As, Brock and Dawn were given and also that annoying little girl with the Cherubi.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
This has always been one of my fave fillers. Up there w/ Beauties Battling for Pride and Prestige in terms of how fun and cheeky it is. The Platinum Coat being acquired this ep contributed to that too

lollll at the Ashita no Joe reference