• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling a Thaw in Relations! (656)

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Fantastic conclusion to the battle. Infernape vs Electivire was well done. Figures I start to like Paul once he leaves the show. His respect makes him better.

And the music is good, shut your filthy mouths.

9.5/10.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
What did Cynthia mean by a Champion tournament?

HoennMaster

what can i say.. no music at all instead we get a stupid instrumental music from ultimate ****ING challange i cannot belive it i guess tcpi are either 2 lazy 2 do songs anymore or i am gonna pull a page out of pauls book saying there pathetic

Talk about contradiction. You complain they don't make songs yet they they used one they just created last year. The Japanese reuses songs all the time yet you don't ***** about that. Just wow.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
why caint tcpi use older songs? and atleast in japan they use songs and not a corny instrumental HOW ****ING CHEAP FROM A COMPANY WHO MAKES MILLIONS AND MILLIONS

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
What did Cynthia mean by a Champion tournament?

Yeah that's what I was wondering. honestly I found the battle to be kind of boring and I was looking forward to it. I mean the whole battle, not just this episode. To me it was just the same as the battle at lake acuity, just not as well done.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yeah that's what I was wondering. honestly I found the battle to be kind of boring and I was looking forward to it. I mean the whole battle, not just this episode. To me it was just the same as the battle at lake acuity, just not as well done.

This battle was much better than that one, and this is the best battle in the entire anime.

Elxar

If they cut the whole lot commenting from Brock and the other spectators this battle could have been a reduce to 2 episodes, It could have been faster paced, and more exciting. The atmosphere is also dragged down too, no audience cheers or music except for the last part. Somehow I don't feel the same atmosphere of the previous Leagues this time. I liked the Grand Festival way better. Hope the last battle will be better.

Torpoleon

"Now that is beautiful! See! ...Look at the fireworks! Aren't they splendid?"
-Frieza from" DBZ Kai"
That's how I feel too! Didn't Frieza use Dodoria & Zarbon's name in that though?

Anyways, I don't give a rat's *** about the music (of course I do like good music), but I still loved the battles with Electivire, except Gliscor VS Electivire. Really though, do Dawn/Brock/Barry/Team Rocket/Reggie/Cynthia have to say say something after every move?

HoennMaster

why caint tcpi use older songs? and atleast in japan they use songs and not a corny instrumental HOW ****ING CHEAP FROM A COMPANY WHO MAKES MILLIONS AND MILLIONS

Would you make up your mind? first you want new songs, and now old. And just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's corny. A lot of people actually like the song. They want to use newer songs, their choice. If your so unhappy about it, send them an email.

matt0044

noahk

If they cut the whole lot commenting from Brock and the other spectators this battle could have been a reduce to 2 episodes, It could have been faster paced, and more exciting. The atmosphere is also dragged down too, no audience cheers or music except for the last part. Somehow I don't feel the same atmosphere of the previous Leagues this time. I liked the Grand Festival way better. Hope the last battle will be better.

Yeah....... he kept telling barry all the basics like motor drive, and how gliscor will be a good counter for electrvire.

Tomic2505

Expert Trainer

yeah, after the battle, Cynthia said that they will eventually both enter the champion league. thats huge, is this the first time a champion league was mentioned?

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
This battle was much better than that one, and this is the best battle in the entire anime.

And that's your opinion.

yeah, after the battle, Cynthia said that they will eventually both enter the champion league. thats huge, is this the first time a champion league was mentioned?

From what I remember, yes.

JJDalts

Tobi is a good boy!
Yeah....... he kept telling barry all the basics like motor drive, and how gliscor will be a good counter for electrvire.

Yeah, Brock explaining Motor Drive kinda annoyed me. I mean, didn't it get explained in the Sunyshore gym only 9 episodes ago?

I actually thought the battle was pretty good. From memory I'd say it's the best we've seen from the leagues, with past ones having a lot of OHKOs and the like. Although I think it would have been better if Torterra took down Drapion, thus proving it's strength in taking down a powerful pokemon it has a disadvantage against(seeing how Torterra's ground typing was never used). Also I think maybe Gliscor should have taken down Ninjask, because it would have shown it's growth in air battling, by beating a superior aerial combatant.

Apart from that, it was a very nice battle. It topped the Lake Acuity battle for me, which in itself I think was quite good.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I watched this episode in english version, and I'm so happy that Ash crushed his dark rival Paul that I actually screamed for his success as I rooting for him. I wonder if Ash's mom Delia even witness this duel with her beloved son battle against a trainer who is the opposite. Infernape sure came through when he refuse to give up as Ash support him which he activate Blaze special ability. I use that love triumphs over lust.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
This episode had me on the edge the whole way. I never think I get into an episode like that. The relationship between Ash and Paul is unbelievable of how both experienced, and what they had on each other the last few years. From all the rivals Ash had, I really did enjoyed Paul a lot. He had something that brought tension. If it wasn't for Paul, I wouldn't came back liking the Pokemon anime again. It was sad seeing their rivarly to end, and I'm sure going to miss him.

The battles itself, they were really enjoyable. Like Electivire vs Pikachu, those two fought like no end. I loved the refrenences brought back from Paul with the whole other hand free.

Then with Infernape, I liked the freezing moment where the slience burst in before the battle ended.

Jigglypuff5000

He did it.... he finally did it. Ash has finally defeated Paul! I was worried for the moment until I almost forgot that Infernape has Blaze, which I predicted will be the finale of the battle. It's not over yet though, as Ash has to go face to face with a cool yet cheap uber named Darkrai. I'm already voting Darkrai as the winner sadly.

This [whatever soppy backstory they give Tobias won't rectify the fact he's a cheap trainer who shouldn't even be allowed in the league surely...].

And I personally liked the music they used in the final clash - but then, I actually watch the show in my native language. I've never gotten the appeal of the Japanese version, personally. *shrugs*

realy a great battle though the writers hate tortera

It's more like the writers choose a favourite starter of that gen and roll with it [the other starters Ash gets be damned in character development if you're not a) Squirtle or b) Bulbasaur], like Charizard, [whoever Johtos' was, I can't recall], Sceptile and now Infernape [I do wonder what the point of focusing on absorbing your own attacks was if it wasn't gonna be a strategy in the league, as well though, in regards to Torterra].

... Also it'll never be a water starter they'll pick. Seemingly. >-<

EliteMaster

... Also it'll never be a water starter they'll pick. Seemingly. >-<

Ah, but you forget Best Wishes where Oshawott might have a chance of becoming the writers' favorite.

Last edited: