• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling a Thaw in Relations! (656)

Pikacu

Cant Beat The Heat!
Also it'll never be a water starter they'll pick. Seemingly. Ah, but you forget Best Wishes where Oshawott might have a chance of becoming the writers' favorite.

Yes a chance but still highly unlikely.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I was kinds dreading this ep. I knew what the outcome was gonna be when I saw the Japanese version.

I'm probably in the minority but I really wanted Paul to win, but most times we are forced to root for the protaganist.

Team Rocket...pfft nothing to say there.

And the way Ash was chasing down Paul like some love sick girl really annoyed the hell out of me. He just had to get the last word in. Whatever. The sinnoh League will finally be over in a month.

Brumrha

Banned
Finally, Ash gets himself a win against Paul, at a time where it mattered the most!

That does, however, proved to be a double-edged sword, as he's matched up against the uber-trainer Tobias...

Everybody else had spelled out what happened in this fight earlier, so I've figured that there's no point in a summary from me...

Rebeccag

Great episode. Ash finally beat Paul ^_^ and it was oh so close as well either could have won. But Infernape never gave up and it was pretty ironic that was Infernape that beat Paul eventually and it was Electrvire that was defeated that was the first pokemon we saw with Paul(Elekid). Oh and also congrats to Gliscor as well for beating Drapion.
Intresting that Cynthia mentioned a champions league as well thats the first time that been mentioned I think.
Sucks that Ash is against Tobias but you never know if he cam defeat the Darkrai then maybe he has really other rubbish pokemon. *shrugs*
But yeah sad to see Paul go as well

darksteel460

slice and dice
the overall battle was just amazing, that froslass seemed kind of random but i liked how he used it's ability snow cloak and hail, drapion was such a beast, i wish torterra was a lot stronger when it was a turtwig everyone would say "what a strong turtwig"or something like that but during the big battles it doesn't seem to do much every since it became a torterra but i guess that's just me, pikcachu did better than expected although not too much just really better against electivire, and in the end electivire and infernape were both awesome
- and on a separate note after the battle like ^rebeccag mentioned, cynthia mentioned a championship league i dont remember that ever being mentioned before, that sounds like it would be awesome if they really follow up with that im assuming that the best trainers from every region compete in one big league i hope they do follow up with that

Shadow XD001

An amazing to to the epic battle between Ash & Paul, he was a great Rival. I was pretty shocked Ash told Pikachu to use Volt Tackle on Electivire, when he already knew about Motor Drive, and also forgot that Electivire could use Brick Break in its other hand (which I didn't even know, actually).

Infernape activating Blaze was just insane (in a good way), and an awesome way to end the battle against Ash & Paul. Infernape rocks!

Episode Rating: 10/10

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Hair rising battle.... Electivire and Infernape were amazing... Hard to believe Electivire took a few hits and still stood strong while Infernape was at its maximum strength with blaze activated... Ash battled very well to get his win... and the mind games in this battle made it even more exciting

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Paul really should have apologized to Infernape. I mean come on! He shoved him out and now Infernape proves that he is better than if it was on Paul's Team. But still no reconition.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was really cool. This 3rd 3rd part of the Ash vs Paul battle was the best. It was cool to see Gliscor FINALLy take Drapion down after Drapion knocked out so many of Ash's Pokemon. Gliscor lost very easily to Electivire. It was cool that it was Gliscor's Fire Fang that took Drapion down. Strange how Electivire's Thunderbolt attack was even able to hit Gliscor, let along take it down. Pikachu vs Electivire was such an intense battle. Ash unwisely has Pikachu hit Electivire with an Electric attack, raising Electivire's speed with its Motor Drive ability. Infernape vs Electivire was the best battle. They kept attacking each other over and over and clashing at the same time over and over. Infernape barely got up and then the incredibly powerful Blaze ability activated. Infernape took down Electivire with an overly powerful Flare Blitz. It was great to see Paul finally acknowledge Ash at the end.

Infinity/100

So, Ash finally beats his long-time rival, Paul!

You know, when Infernapes Blaze ability kicked in, I had a feeling Ash had had this battle in the bag. I was thinking: "Blaze is going to kick in!" *it kicks in* "Thank you! Ash is going to pretty much win this now! It's inevitable!"

Also, I'm so glad now that both Ash and Paul have a newfound respect for each other!

Now I want Paul to come back, just to see how these two will converse in the long run.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I know its happened to be a brilliant duel in the Sinnoh. I'm just extremely glad that a sweetheart Ash defeated his cold-hearted rival Paul in the Sinnoh League. Infernape's Blaze ability suddenly pull through and I was overjoyed. But I got a feeling that we haven't seen the last of that man.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash finally defeat Paul, i`m also glad you used his older pokemon

lol paul jockin ash's strategies

TheEpicGoomba

This was definatly the best Episode of the entire Sinnoh Saga. It was awesome that Gliscor beat Drapion after it was on a Winning Streak. Pikachu VS Electivire was cool too. Ash foolishly used an Electric attack though. Infernape VS Electivire was incredible. It was awesome that Blaze activated just before Infernape was declared unable to battle. It was very cool to see Ash finally defeat Paul. Glad Ash and Paul bonded after the battle. Ash facing Tobius in the next round sounds cool.

Vernikova

Champion
This was a great battle. I was a bit ticked off because Ash had to rely on Infernape to use its Blaze ability, which I was tired of by then, but at least it ended nicely. It was funny how they allowed Infernape to stay on the ground for so long before the referee called for the match to end. I guess they really had to build up the drama. I actually would have rather seen Pikachu end the match than Infernape though. It makes more sense the way it ended but I just don't like Infernape that much.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So, with Sinnoh over and done already for quite some time now, how many of you think that the DP-saga ended at this episode, rather then vs. Tobias?

DP was about Ash vs. Paul, that ended in this episode, and you can tell:
- DP189: Wrap up Sinnoh League
- DP190: Wrap up Brock's tenure
- DP191: Send off previous characters..

How do you all feel about this?

pokeaussie37

So, with Sinnoh over and done already for quite some time now, how many of you think that the DP-saga ended at this episode, rather then vs. Tobias?

DP was about Ash vs. Paul, that ended in this episode, and you can tell:
- DP189: Wrap up Sinnoh League
- DP190: Wrap up Brock's tenure
- DP191: Send off previous characters..

How do you all feel about this?

I agree. The actual saga itself was finished by this episode. The remaining episodes were simply the transitional phase between DP, and BW. I think they could have handled the transition a little better (we never saw what the deal was behind Jessie's and James' promotion, we don't know if Gliscor returned to the Air Master or was sent to Professor Oak's, never mind the possibility of May and/or Misty appearing in a reunion episode), but they had decided to write two main characters off the show including one who had been around forever basically, so they decided to focus on that mainly.

Essentially, yes I feel Diamond and Pearl finished with the ending of that battle, and the remainder was the transitional phase.