• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling a Thaw in Relations! (656)

ok i admit i was a bit rough with Infernape (Oh, me and my obvious favoritism for
Torterra) .... monke deserves to come back for some battle in HyperClass

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"2nd best battle in Pokémon but best rivalry by far"

Episode: 10/10

ok i admit i was a bit rough with Infernape (Oh, me and my obvious favoritism for
Torterra) .... monke deserves to come back for some battle in HyperClass
Tbf, I still prefer Torterra in the Hyper Class because it deserves redemption after how dirty the anime treated it.

Glalie because even though he already had his moment in Hoenn League , he was wasted afterwards, and he's one of my favorites.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Glalie because even though he already had his moment in Hoenn League , he was wasted afterwards, and he's one of my favorites.
Glalie because Ash needs to Mega it

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The Ash/Paul rivalry ended without the two ever getting into a fistfight over the latter's training methods, which I am surprised about that. It would have been epic to see that happen.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
11 years have passed since this episode came out. One of my favorite episodes ever and the best battle ever in the show.

11 years have passed since this episode came out. One of my favorite episodes ever and the best battle ever in the show.
Iconic.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
11 years since this absolute mockery of a battle. This validation of a pathetic excuse for a Trainer. This absolute praise for an abuser who never gets comeuppance. How unfortunate that Journeys referenced this trash. May it be forgotten.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
If a streamer like HBOmax added the entirety of the pre-Netflix era Pokemon anime, I could see DP episodes with Paul in them being re-rated TV-14 and prefaced by intros featuring representatives of PETA and ASPCA condemning Paul's training methods as animal abuse.

It is becoming increasingly common for streamers to preface archive films and TV shows that have potentially offensive content with warnings alerting viewers of the content.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Greatest episode of a television show ever made, I’m so serious. You can’t get better than this.

I can’t articulate what I want to say without this reading like a med student’s thesis paper. It’s just peak storytelling. Peak everything.

Genuinely cried when Ash and Paul were saying their goodbyes. The payoff….Jesus Christ. The complete and all-encompassing respect and strength of their bond is just amazing to watch unfold and finally culminate here. Greatest rivalry with the greatest battle and the greatest narrative in the entire show period.

Greatest episode of a television show ever made, I’m so serious. You can’t get better than this.

I can’t articulate what I want to say without this reading like a med student’s thesis paper. It’s just peak storytelling. Peak everything.

Genuinely cried when Ash and Paul were saying their goodbyes. The payoff….Jesus Christ. The complete and all-encompassing respect and strength of their bond is just amazing to watch unfold and finally culminate here. Greatest rivalry with the greatest battle and the greatest narrative in the entire show period.
Not the best episode and I don’t love Infernape that much but the conclusion to Infernape beating Electivire and Paul was GOATED. All he needed was a little Blaze and it didn’t feel like the gimmick was overdoing like Lucario…
Best DP episode. Best battle and best league ever.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

This episode is something else. Literally on the edge of my seat when Pikachu gets KO'd and Infernape seemingly falls down soon after. You can feel the tension in the air. Paul taunting Infernape just for Blaze to activate and the two rivals fight as if their life depends on it (not to mention TRio & Dawn/Brock cheering them on). And when Electivire finally falls after the stand off that felt like an eternity? So much hype. Every episode with Paul and Chimchar since the beginning finally paying off here. All the ups and downs. Truly iconic. I would go so far as to say this is my favorite moment in the entire franchise.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
This episode is something else. Literally on the edge of my seat when Pikachu gets KO'd and Infernape seemingly falls down soon after. You can feel the tension in the air. Paul taunting Infernape just for Blaze to activate and the two rivals fight as if their life depends on it (not to mention TRio & Dawn/Brock cheering them on). And when Electivire finally falls after the stand off that felt like an eternity? So much hype. Every episode with Paul and Chimchar since the beginning finally paying off here. All the ups and downs. Truly iconic. I would go so far as to say this is my favorite moment in the entire franchise.
So true. This, N’s farewell, and Lillie’s goodbye are my top 3. All so emotionally resonant and just on another level

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Curious, I wanna hear about N's farewell, why do you think that was resonating?
I think N is a phenomenal character, easily the best in the franchise and my favorite. Knowing where he comes from, how he grew up, and how he’s juxtaposed with how the audience and the players feel is so genius; all the intimate moments you have with him really create this strong emotional attachment. To clash with him in this awesome final battle of extreme narrative importance is in its own league already, but then the moment of silence after is just so….it’s genuinely so touching to see him admit what he didn’t when he first saw us (the Evolutions ep teased this and it’s great): that our Pokémon was happy to be with us, how he’s the one who didn’t understand both people and Pokémon. To see him take the initiative for the first time in his life -not being manipulated to, his own decision- and go off on a journey to understand himself and the world around him was so impactful to me. Emotion playing in the BG, the adrenaline rush from how insane the past few minutes were, the close-up to him speaking, the sincere dialogue (“you said you have dream, make it come true!”), and then the immediate jump to the epic credit music….just masterful. Just hits me like few other moments in gaming have.

I’m a sucker for narratives about people coming to understand both themselves and others, if you couldn’t tell lol. N, Lillie, and this ep hits those beats so well and so hard

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
I think N is a phenomenal character, easily the best in the franchise and my favorite. Knowing where he comes from, how he grew up, and how he’s juxtaposed with how the audience and the players feel is so genius; all the intimate moments you have with him really create this strong emotional attachment. To clash with him in this awesome final battle of extreme narrative importance is in its own league already, but then the moment of silence after is just so….it’s genuinely so touching to see him admit what he didn’t when he first saw us (the Evolutions ep teased this and it’s great): that our Pokémon was happy to be with us, how he’s the one who didn’t understand both people and Pokémon. To see him take the initiative for the first time in his life -not being manipulated to, his own decision- and go off on a journey to understand himself and the world around him was so impactful to me. Emotion playing in the BG, the adrenaline rush from how insane the past few minutes were, the close-up to him speaking, the sincere dialogue (“you said you have dream, make it come true!”), and then the immediate jump to the epic credit music….just masterful. Just hits me like few other moments in gaming have.

I’m a sucker for narratives about people coming to understand both themselves and others, if you couldn’t tell lol. N, Lillie, and this ep hits those beats so well and so hard
Tell me you have a crush on N without telling me you have a crush on N.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

Okay my bad I didnt realise you were talking about the GAME N's farewell!!!!
With that I ABSOLUTELY agree!!! N's farewell and BW as a whole was a masterpiece in storytelling and N is definitely one of the, if not THE best written characters in the franchise, so much so that even the inferior anime version still stole the screen
I thought you were talking about the anime's N farewell lol and got confused

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Okay my bad I didnt realise you were talking about the GAME N's farewell!!!!
With that I ABSOLUTELY agree!!! N's farewell and BW as a whole was a masterpiece in storytelling and N is definitely one of the, if not THE best written characters in the franchise, so much so that even the inferior anime version still stole the screen
I thought you were talking about the anime's N farewell lol and got confused
Black and White and Sun and Moon have phenomenal stories imo.