• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling a Thaw in Relations! (656)

ssquaderi8

Ash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go ash, woo-hoo!

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Looks like some of Paul's pokemon are with Reggie, Nice.

ssquaderi8

Ash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go ash, woo-hoo!

DarkPrince

Take that!
Paul is smiling. I think he's respecting Ash now. He's just silent
Now Ash vs Takuto has been announced.
Paul's old Pokemon are seen at Reggies. Barry Bumps into brock and dawn.
Cynthia speaks to them. Ash is finding Paul.
Wtf? Is Paul leaving?
It looks like they are friends. What is Paul telling Ash?
Paul leaves and bids Ash farewell.
The end.

DarkPrince

Take that!
Wow. It was a very nice episode.
Electivire VS Infernape was awesome. What a combat.

Well, I guess this is it for the awesome rival, Paul. Paul left. I hope to see him again.

Bubblewrap

-It's showing a flashback, nothing new.
-Starts with Glion being hit back by a strong attack by Drapion. Pin Missle? Not sure.
-Drapion uses Cross Poison and Glion dodges and uses Fire Fang.
-Drapion is burnt. & He cannot battle! Glion beat Drapion without fainting itself!
-He's pretty tired though.
-Paul sents out Elkible. 3 to 1, apparently.
-Glion begs to battle. (This never works out, does it Ash?)
-Elikible shoots his arm things underground which explodes the rocks from the floor, trapping/hitting Gliscor in a series of Dramatic poses.
-Ash gets a flashback of his Infernape basically doing the same thing.
-Glion uses giga impact, Elikible stops it in its tracks, and Glion is out!
-Was that praise from Paul? (To Elikible)
-Ash sends in Pikachu!
-Intense fighting happens, Elikible holds Pikachu in the air and constricts. Reggie is there again.
-Pikachu uses Iron Tail, has some trouble but eventually runs up against Elikible. A large clash happens in the middle.
-Brock is probably mentioning how that was a silly move, and now Elikible has motor drive, so is super fast.
-Pikachu uses Volt Tackle. Crashes in the middle, and took recoil damage.
-Elikible jumps in for the kill, and Pikachu counters with Iron Tail.
-Ash and Paul have a talk and Paul mentions the times this has happened before.
-Elikible punches Pikachu into the air, and Pikachu is out!
-It is now Infernape and Elikible left.
-Ash places Pikachu on the floor behind him. That was pretty funny.
-Infernape is sent out. Pretty angry.

-Elikible runs in with thunderpunch(?) and Infernape Mach Punch.
-They clash but both seem fine.
-Infernape uses flamethrower (does it even know that anymore?)
-Infernape digs underground.
-They carry on fighting, when finally Elikible uses his famous protect.
-Another Mach Punch, but Elikible stops it. He gets pretty annoyed and shocks Infernape for a while.
-Infernape falls to the ground! Everyone is so sad and sad music is played. Piplup is close to tears. He hasn't died.
-The referee runs up to Infernape (he would have been called out if it weren't for plot devices)
-Infernape gets up! Everyone is so surprised. Team Rocket are celebrating.
-I can't even see what is going on, but the music is nice to listen to.
-They clash in dark mist. A dramatic panoramic show is shown. Elikible is down!
-Ash is the winner! Largest smile ever.
-Paul nods.
-Everyone is really happy. Ash hugs Infernape.
-Paul returns Elikible and probably thanks him.
-Paul comes over to Ash and smiles.
-Ash is against Takuto!
-Reggie's house! With all Paul's old pokemon besides Magmortar.
-Scene after the battle. Barry runs in looking for Ash/Paul. Cynthia comes in and speaks about both Ash and Paul.
-Ash is shown running in a forest, for Paul! Running after him down some stairs.
-Paul discusses Infernape whilst sad music is playing. He probably congratulates him on training so well.
-Cynthia discusses the relationship between them.
-Paul walks off sad. Ash calls back to him, probably saying they will meet again, or battle again. Or if not, praising him or something. I think Paul is challenging the battle frontier.
-Paul smiles.. and something that had me actually quite close to tears (it's over!). He waved. From behind, yes... but..

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Did I see a re designed joy and jenny? (especially jenny)

Candy-Sama

Kawaii Power
*Sigh* The video kept stopping at the best bits. I'll have to watch it on Youtube later.

From the bits I did see, it was a good battle. Electrivire vs Infernape could have been a bit longer (or did I just miss a lot of it?). Nice to see Team Rocket cheering for Ash, Paul smiling and Reggie once again looking evil. BTW, what did Reggie say to Paul's Pokemon? Were they happy he lost or something?

What music was played when Infernape activated Blaze?

Last edited:

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Today I'm not doing a summary because I missed the first fifteen minutes for no particular reason other then I forgot it was Thursday. I'll try to be slightly more in-tune with my surroundings next week.

I did enjoy the small bit I did see. It was hilarious that Electrivire stopped the Ref from calling it against Infernape. Then it gets beaten. GG, Electrivire.

To answer someone's question Type Wild was the song that was playing when Blaze activated.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Oh yeah this was awesome. I thought that Inferape being poisoned would make more of a difficulty, but it didn't. As for Gliscor, I am glad it beat Drapion like that, a bit surprising, but I guess it was worn out by now. Pikachu should've done more damage, but I ain't complaining, and as for Electivire vs Inferape.Whoooooo...what a match!
And not to say the least, the way Paul dealt with his loss. I really liked the way they ended it all. One of the most dramatic scenes in the entire anime.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Right then, gotta say, episode 1 and 3 of the Paul Vs Ash were great, and you are all aware how angry I am from episode 2. This episode was a big step up, although Infernape was the won to win it. It was still good. Very pleased about Gliscor. I hated the pokemon back when it was on his team and when it left I was so happy. But Gliscor redeemed itself here, and is on of the best Sinnoh pokemon. Not as good as Staraptor, but still good. Pikachu was meh here, and Inferape went burzerk. It looked great. Now I wish I knew what Cynthia said and Ash and Paul talked about. I know Paul is off to fight Brandon, I think.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
How does Paul expect to beat Brandon after that last whooping. Anyway, I am sure hoping he appears sometime again. And could anyone translate the conversations between the rivals and what Cynthia said about them?

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Well I'm guessing he said something about his ways being wrong, and that Ash's were right, and that's how he's going to train his pokemon now and that's how he'll beat Brandon.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I did enjoy the small bit I did see. It was hilarious that Electrivire stopped the Ref from calling it against Infernape. Then it gets beaten. GG, Electrivire.

Lol, the battle against Electivire was of epic proportions, and surprisingly, somebody called the whole Blue/Yellow clashing thing that could be seen from outside the stadium! But eitherway that was epic, best way to end it.

Oh yeah this was awesome. I thought that Inferape being poisoned would make more of a difficulty, but it didn't.

As for Gliscor, I am glad it beat Drapion like that, a bit surprising, but I guess it was worn out by now.

Pikachu should've done more damage, but I ain't complaining, and as for Electivire vs Inferape.Whoooooo...what a match!

And not to say the least, the way Paul dealt with his loss. I really liked the way they ended it all. One of the most dramatic scenes in the entire anime.

I want to know if they just forgot about Gliscor and Infernape being poisoned.. Lol, what would the backlash have been like if it just wasn't only the Flare Blitz recoil, but also the Poison kicking in again and causing Infernape to faint? I could've seen that happening to Gliscor though... Don't know why it didn't..

Pikachu couldn't have done more damage then it did really.. Brock pointed this out, and Ash knew that he was going to have to resort to Quick Attack and Iron Tail, I think he wanted to use Iron Tail as a finisher to land in Electivire's sped up face, but Paul knew he would do this from experience, so instead of ThunderPunch he ordered Brick Break.

Infernape really.. no words.. I don't think that any other pokemon from Ash' Sinnoh crew could've done that, not even Sceptile really.. It really took third place from Hoenn's finest:

1. Charizard
2. Pikachu (@top of fluctuation spiral)
3. Infernape (pre-Blaze, with Blaze it's above Pikachu)
4. Sceptile
5. Snorlax
6. Heracross (can't think of any runners up atm...)

Paul leaving and Ash running after him was really something that gave the end of their rivalry a good touch. I think Paul was going to complement Ash and Infernape after their battle, but just didn't after he saw the state Infernape was in.. and thought it was just best to leave. I don't know what Ash said to Paul that made him so shocked at the end. Maybe Ash told him to have good luck in the Battle Frontier (Paul said he was going to rechallenge Jindai = Brandon). Anyway, Paul's gone. We've seen the new rival... Exact copy with blond hair..

Right then, gotta say, episode 1 and 3 of the Paul Vs Ash were great, and you are all aware how angry I am from episode 2. This episode was a big step up, although Infernape was the one to win it. It was still good.

Very pleased about Gliscor. I hated the pokemon back when it was on his team and when it left I was so happy. But Gliscor redeemed itself here, and is on of the best Sinnoh pokemon. Not as good as Staraptor, but still good. Pikachu was meh here, and Inferape went burzerk. It looked great. Now I wish I knew what Cynthia said and Ash and Paul talked about. I know Paul is off to fight Brandon, I think.

Agreed, although I already was a fan of Gliscor. It really got kicked into overdrive this battle, and has the best set of moves of the Sinnoh pokemon, and can use them very efficiently as well.

With Infernape having such a role in this saga, it wasn't a large surprise that it would be the one to win this match. So even with that large amount of expectation they had to live up to, they managed to match and go beyond those expectations. My mouth really dropped and the stand off with the heart beat was a new thing and really didn't bother me as much as it could have.

Last thing I want to add, that I'm glad that this battle actually was three full episodes long, maybe 2,5 with the little ending and beginning, but wow they really managed to keep it full of excitement all the way through these episodes, with little to no bore. The only thing that was horrifying was Torterra's defeat. Aside from that this battle was a definite 10/10. Everything made perfect sense to me.

- Buizel getting hit and knocked out immediatly after suffering from that poison made sense since it had no time to breath or brace for the incoming hit at all.
- Staraptor being knocked out after it got hit with an Ice Beam (and raped) prior to getting poisoned through being slammed into the floor surely was believable enough.
- Torterra is the one I still have problems with.. It should've been able to take one or two more hits after Synthesis..
- Gliscor did great, survived being a ragdoll of Fury Cutting Ninjack, being slammed into the ground and getting poisoned in the process, surviving Pin Missile of Doom of 'Drapion of Woe', and stood up against Electivire's 'Thunder-induced Rock Rain', before finally getting knocked out.
- Pikachu got hit by that Metal Sound, Metal Claw and Flash Cannon that Aggron did, Froslass froze the mouse cold, and threw Hail and Ice Shards in its face. It used Volt Tackle at least 4 times so that's tons of recoil, and got thrown around by Electivire while still hurting it. That's quite a lot if you ask me.. to the point where you question, is this plot? But Pikachu has been shown to be able to take a lot (Regice), so I guess we can assume that it was fair for late region Pikachu.
- Infernape had a ton of hurtin' as well, so lets take a look at what was necessary to activate Blaze. Aggron managed to hurt it with that Double Edge that collided with Flare Blitz. Then we have some poison damage from Toxic Spikes, then we had the Giga Drainage from Ninjask that notably wore it down. Then it had its battle with Electivire, which was as hard as they get. Getting Thunder'd from up close must have hurt so much.. It literally got back from the brink of being knocked out, and by none other then Electivire himself.

Then we look at Paul's side, which is a bit awkward looking:

- Aggron: Collisions with Iron Tail, Thunderbolt, and Flare Blitz and Knocked out by Mach Punch to the face (4x effective and stabbed). Not so shady
- Gastrodon: Hit by Quick Attack, Ice'd Aqua Jet and Ice Punch in the gut. Combo's are powerfuller? Or Gastrodon was just weak to punches in the gut.. Eitherway pretty shady..
- Ninjask: Hit by some of the Stone Edge rocks, heat by the underground Flare Blitz, and then a stabbed Mach punch in the face. Ninjask has poor defence so it's understandable.
- Froslass: Iron Tail and knocked out by a surprise Volt Tackle. A bit shady, but they both were portrayed as rough hits. Iron Tail to the head and Froslass really didn't see Volt Tackle comming so it took it to the gut unbraced, knocking the wind out of it.
- Drapion: Didn't take much damage at all seemingly.. Buizel's Sonic Boom didn't land, it got a Water Gun on it's tail which didn't seem to hurt as much. Staraptor didn't do anything. Torterra managed to daze it with the Rock Climb rock formation, and its Leaf Storm hit, and Energy Ball collided with Cross Poison. Aside from that it had Gliscor's surprise Giga Impact hit and it's Fire Fang which burned it to death. Don't know if that's enough, but I dunno, Giga Impact did a lot of damage, but somehow I didn't get the feeling as if it was tired and so it's defeat came of as really anti-climatic.
- Electivire... After getting hit by Gliscor's Giga Impact and Pikachu's Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Volt Tackle, it had to withstand regular Mach Punches, Flame Throwers, Dig and then it had to take those Blazed Flamethrowers and Flare Blitz... No wonder it went down eventually! :p

All in all, a pretty gosh darn fight with my only two nitpickings would be:

A. Torterra's unfair treatment.
B. Drapion's lack of getting hit overall make its fall to Fire Fang seem anticlimatic.

Otherwise it was good, so with those shortcomings: 9.5

I really, really loved the ending.

gliscor&yanmega

It was a good episode. At times I didn't know what was going on because of language barrier and more importantly bad quality of the video but I'm pretty sure I have an idea what happened.

Gliscor defeated Drapion and went up against Electivire and lost quickly(Like I predicted). It showed how brave it was and wouldn't back down from a challenge here even though it was low on health. It's Giga Impact didn't succeed but it still probably did some damage.

Pikachu did alright, I don't know exactly what Ash was planning on doing with Volt Tackle though. I guess it has something to do with Iron Tail, although it failed. It did still show it's strength.

Infernape, well obviously it was going to be the one to win it. Blast Burn came somewhat as a surprise, but then again I guess it should have been expected.

Paul said something to Electivire after it lost, I have no idea what but I think it was somewhat of a nice comment.

Paul and Ash said there good bye and it looked like it was nice, but because of the video, Paul sounded like Cynthia, Ash sounded like Paul, and Cynthia sounded like Ash...something along those lines anyways.

It was a nice episode.

cloudk

hates you.
^ Since when did infernape use blast burn? It was just Blaze activated and flare blitz. Also, anyone amused at that fact that electivire died from sudden combustion at the very end?

On a side note, Ash has gotten 3 burn hax in the entire match.