• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling a Thaw in Relations! (656)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^Like Paul didn't get hax in thier previous battle so i think it's fair, three times though?

Aggron and Drapion got burned but who was the third one? Electrivire was not burned, exploded after flare blitz but not burned.

Last edited:

SSN

And there goes the best rival we have ever seen..

I am really curious about the conversations too.

gliscor&yanmega

^ Since when did infernape use blast burn? It was just Blaze activated and flare blitz. Also, anyone amused at that fact that electivire died from sudden combustion at the very end?

On a side note, Ash has gotten 3 burn hax in the entire match.

Bulbapedia said it used it, so I'm following that.

EDIT: It looks like it was taken off now. Perhaps someone mistake it for Blash Burn. I don't really care if it has it or not though.

Last edited:

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
This may very well be the most epic episode since... well forever. Or at least since Ash and Gary fought in Johto. No battle in the Hoen leauge tournament comes even close to this and not even Ash and Brandon´s matches can top this. Awesome musical score, Gliscor fighting the battle of its life, beating Draipon which gave Ash a huge advantage, probably the turning point in the battle.

Pikachu was in, short enough to cause damage but his main purpuse was to do as much damage before being beaten. This was all the time Infernape´s battle. And what a battle then. Intense from the start and all the way through.

The end with Paul and Ash was great, that really put an end to their Sinnoh rivalery in the best style.

And yes, Infernape really is one of Ash best Pokémon. I more or less agree to your list Locormus, that those are his best team. I would however take away Snorlax from that line- up, not because it´s weaker but I would like to have a bird to throw in if case needed.

Epiosde 9/10. Legendary.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Totally predictable! Ever since Ash adopted Chimchar I knew it'd get revenge on Paul.

This is the second time I've seen Ash and Infernape hug each other. I begin to wonder: is Infernape female?

gliscor&yanmega

Totally predictable! Ever since Ash adopted Chimchar I knew it'd get revenge on Paul.

This is the second time I've seen Ash and Infernape hug each other. I begin to wonder: is Infernape female?

You and pretty much everyone else knew Chimchar would get "revenge" on Paul.

You're wondering if Infernape is female because it has hugged Ash? Pretty sure males are able to hug too. Infernape and Ash were happy, a hug is a good way to show happiness.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This episode was simply fantastic.

I was glad to see Gliscor take the win against Drapion, it's got a little respect from me now.

The Pikachu vs Electivire battle was also good, but Ash was an idiot for using Volt Tackle on Electivire activating it's Motor Drive ability.

Electivire vs Infernape = EPICNESS

I really don't know how else to describe that battle, everything was perfect about it and the animation was top notch.

I really wish I knew what Ash and Paul said to each other at the end. Too bad nobody likes to sub pokemon episodes...

Overall, I felt like this battle would have been 10x better and I would have enjoyed it more if Paul had used his old team. Ninjask, Aggron, Gastradon, and Froslass really didn't do it for me. But I enjoyed the match and thought it was pretty good.

A great end to the greatest rivalry in the animes history.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I'm so extremely glad that he did it! A kind-hearted,determinated Ash has totally defeated the cold-hearted,aggressive trainer Paul in the Sinnoh League quarterfinals! Not only that Dawn,and Brock were extremely happy, but Cynthia was glad too that loving pokemon triumphs over lusting after pokemon's power. I hope Zoey,Misty,May,Max,Kenny,Gary,Lyra,Kohury,Angie,Anabel and Richie witnessed Ash's most epic duel in Sinnoh League.

-Gliscor took down Drapion with the Fire Fang causing it to burn down and faint. Great job.
-Electivire summoned and took down Gliscor effortlessly.
-Pikachu called to the field. He put up a good fight but unfortunely gets knocked out.
-Infernape called up to the field one last time. He battles Electivire intenstively and taking him down. He got shocked by the thunderbolt and collapes. Just things is about to go lost but Infernape's Blaze activates due to his determination and his long-time friendship and support with Ash. Blaze effect giving him strength to battle Electivire. Using Flare Blitz to take out Electivire pulls through in the end. Thus making Ash Ketchum the winner of this epic duel.
-Everyone was happy that a caring trainer defeated the cruel trainer. Even Team Rocket was satified about his victory. Ash and Infernape hug each other after that.
-I bet that Cynthia discuss about Ash and Paul relationship.

I wonder what Barry and Paul said after the duel.

Doom-Burn

People are saying that it was a silly for Ash to forget that Electivire had Motor Drive, but the thing is, he didn't. Ash wanted to lure Electivire into using Thunder Punch and get near Pikachu, so it can use Iron Tail to throw away Electivire's punches. Ash also smirked when Electivire was about to punch Pikachu. I really don't get how people could miss that.

However, the whole plan backfired as Paul remembered what happened the last time Ash tried this.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I was worried that Ash is going to lose after the shock Electivire did like that. But Infernape isn't giving up because the love and support that Ash has given, his Blaze ability activates. And the Blaze and Flare Blitz combo pull through as he crushed Electivire with that making Ash a victor. I wonder what Zoey,and Kenny would say after this battle?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I don't think either of them would care. Anyway this was a great final battle and sort of makes up for the rushed as heck league we got. So long Paul. His character is done as a rival now and with his goodbye I don't think we'll see him in a speaking role again. Paul had a great run and his battle in the league was awesome, but it was great seeing Ash finally win against him.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Wow, they made the ending really like a conclusion. It seems unlikely we'll ever see Paul again.

But, they will probably show him in a few episodes anyway. I want him to respect Ash, at the same time, KEEPING his personality. He was never cruel to Torterra and co. and they seem to like him, so theres nothing wrong.

But, yeah, this episode would have been 50x better if Paul used Electivire, Torterra, Drapion, Magmortar, Ursaring and Honchcrow. Torterra's his starter, Honchcrow arguably has a slight rivalry with Torterra considering Torterra got beat thrice. Magmortar is the fire type that replaced Infernape. So yeah.

I wonder why he didnt use Light Screen or Reflect?

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I don't think either of them would care. Anyway this was a great final battle and sort of makes up for the rushed as heck league we got. So long Paul. His character is done as a rival now and with his goodbye I don't think we'll see him in a speaking role again. Paul had a great run and his battle in the league was awesome, but it was great seeing Ash finally win against him.

You got that right. Its very sweet that Ash defeated Paul in the Sinnoh League. Knowing Delia, she'll probably go overjoy after her beloved son triumphed over a cruel trainer who mistreats pokemon. Proving love prevails over lust. Of course it would be even sweeter if Misty,Gary,Angie,Kohury,Lyra,Zoey,Kenny,May,Max,and Richie were present.

zeno48

Zaker!
Where did Paul say he was going? Also the battle wasn't as good as i thought it would be but it was ok.

Last edited:

pokeguru

I like to play hero!

AT LAST!!!!! :'D

Ash has finally defeated Paul!

...But come to think of it, if Paul won against Ash again, he might be happy to become the Sinnoh League champion and abandon his dark ways as a Pokemon Trainer.

Last edited:

catzeye

Writer's Block
AT LAST!!!!! :'D

Ash has finally defeated Paul!

It was the most epic battle ever. I was glad Ash beat Paul. As much as I loved Paul's character he needed to be beaten by Ash.

The exchange between Electivire and Infernape was the best. I was in tears by that time.

Paul was the best rival ever. I don't think anyone will be topping him. I hope he comes along again sometime...I want to see another battle between them.