• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling at Full Volume! (918)

YourLieinEevee

Loved this episode both times I watched it. I wish we had seen Jimmy's battle with real Ash, but Serena is really good at battling. Love Jimmy and his headbanging Pikachu. Loved Team Rocket's appearance and seeing Giovanni, even if it was a dream :) That motto was shaky but it was in the sub too. I was wondering how the dub would fair and it was good enough. Serena impersonating Ash should happen again sometime :) Is she the only companion who has done that?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Wow, the dubbing was actually good in this episode. Granted, the plot itself wasn't the best, but the dialogue wasn't clunky, the VAs put on a great performance, & the music was tolerable

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The Good:
- Hilarious episode.
- Jimmy actually had a great voice actor. You know you screwed up when he's not hamming it up like a madman and tells you, "Dude, stop fooling around."
- Serena was put in so many great situations. Why do I like it when she screams?
- Clemont lampshades Ash's quick recovery as a typical shonen trait.
- Did TR really say the word "cosplay"?

The Bad:
- Once again, Serena is never allowed to finish a battle, though she barely gave Pikachu precise orders and he just already knew what to do with the moves. Not even cosplaying as Ash is enough for her to fool the universe.
- Ash's quick recovery.
- The battle never having an ending because of time constraints.
- Was TR made to say their motto very slow to meet the demand for the episode's time slot, or the writers wanted to stall for time to give Ash enough time to recover at breakneck speed?
- Greninja goes absent at the dining table ending. He's not allowed to eat despite training? This show is RUTHLESS! (I'm being overdramatic).

Overall a decent episode all around.

Last edited:
This episode was... ridiculously hilarious. Definitely one of the funniest fillers I've seen in a while.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
At parts this eppy was indeed funny seeing Serena act like Ash was rather a nice touch.

Vipsoccermaster

Great filler episode. Very humorous with Serena using Pikachu to battle in place of Ash with Jimmy and his Pikachu, Spike. Team Rocket felt a bit slow, but anyhow.

And Ash making a quick recovery. Not possible, but this is the anime, so screw the logic and physics with the real world. Same goes for the wrist injury Serena had back at the Master Class.

Epicocity

I only have one thing to say about this episode's dub: "Ohhhhh yeah...." "Testify!"

Oh, and also Bonnie's line during Serena's explanation to them: "Mmhmm...." Come on, Serena, we all know you want to get into Ash's pants, but we didn't think you'd take it literally...

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Dubbed version comes, this is still one of my favorite episodes ever. The "I... I... Iron Tail" scene was handled brilliantly and if I hadn't already watched the japansese episode, I may have actually been convinced that Ash was going to confess to Serena. Some of the lines weren't as great as the subs, but they were still good. Serena's voice impression of Ash was actually not bad once I got used to it. Only problem I had with this episode was Jimmy. I wasn't really a big fan of him during the japanese episode and even though he had a good VA, he was still very annoying at times. Also, back off Jimmy, Serena belongs to Ash and if you showed up earlier, you would've seen that.

Oh, and also Bonnie's line during Serena's explanation to them: "Mmhmm...." Come on, Serena, we all know you want to get into Ash's pants, but we didn't think you'd take it literally...

Hey, she has to make progress :)

DS0308

<--- Actually me
The only thing I really dislike about this episode was that they wasted two minutes on TR's motto because of that little intro they had. Knew it was coming so I skipped past it, and then when I caught the end of the actual motto I was pretty sure they were using the TR Theme, which kinda annoys me because of how they keep switching back and forth between using it or not.

Other then that it's a really fun episode, a good laugh. Looking forward to see how the dub does the upcoming episodes.

Epicocity

The only thing I really dislike about this episode was that they wasted two minutes on TR's motto because of that little intro they had. Knew it was coming so I skipped past it, and then when I caught the end of the actual motto I was pretty sure they were using the TR Theme, which kinda annoys me because of how they keep switching back and forth between using it or not.

Other then that it's a really fun episode, a good laugh. Looking forward to see how the dub does the upcoming episodes.

They actually haven't been switching back and forth that much recently. Other than cutting the theme out of the MC (but that episode was a bunch of bad music replacements) they've mostly stuck with the theme. That said, while the drawn out motto was unnecessary, the dub made it funny as hell and worth the two minutes that I didn't get the feeling of in the raw/subs.

SeriesVet

Dubbed version comes, this is still one of my favorite episodes ever. The "I... I... Iron Tail" scene was handled brilliantly and if I hadn't already watched the japansese episode, I may have actually been convinced that Ash was going to confess to Serena. Some of the lines weren't as great as the subs, but they were still good. Serena's voice impression of Ash was actually not bad once I got used to it. Only problem I had with this episode was Jimmy. I wasn't really a big fan of him during the japanese episode and even though he had a good VA, he was still very annoying at times. Also, back off Jimmy, Serena belongs to Ash and if you showed up earlier, you would've seen that.

Hey, she has to make progress :)

Without mentioning anything else, can you tell me whether or not this is the the last time we'll see Jimmy?

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
This episode was really funny even though I found Jimmy quite grating at times. As much as I like Ash, it nice to see the other star now and again and I think Serena excelled here.

From the caring side where she looked after Ash while he was sick to her quirky side where she battled with Pikachu. In fact the part battle was very good.

Thoroughly enjoyable episode, onto the next one!

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Without mentioning anything else, can you tell me whether or not this is the the last time we'll see Jimmy?

I'm pretty sure it is. He has not reappeared and I highly doubt he will. He is just another one of those one-episode characters, but certainly was very well handled.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
9/10 for me due to the cut battle. Other than that I was dying of laughter. Though I am an Amourshipper myself I really like it when they troll us. "I-I-Iron Tail" was probably my favorite line. Oh and they had Meowth dream/daydream about Giovanni like old times. Serena was just awesome throughout the episode.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
They actually haven't been switching back and forth that much recently. Other than cutting the theme out of the MC (but that episode was a bunch of bad music replacements) they've mostly stuck with the theme. That said, while the drawn out motto was unnecessary, the dub made it funny as hell and worth the two minutes that I didn't get the feeling of in the raw/subs.

They might've used it last week and I didn't realise because I only watched the first five minutes and gave up, but they definitely didn't use it in the Master Class.

I thought what they were doing was funny, but the fact it chewed up so much time that could've been used on something else, like a longer battle, was the annoying part.

Epicocity

They might've used it last week and I didn't realise because I only watched the first five minutes and gave up, but they definitely didn't use it in the Master Class.

I thought what they were doing was funny, but the fact it chewed up so much time that could've been used on something else, like a longer battle, was the annoying part.

They definitely used it last week. Ironically, I find that their music on filler episodes tends to be better than the important ones...which is sad.

Like I said, I don't disagree but the dub made decent lemonade out of sour lemons. They took something that was, to me, wholly unnecessary in the raw and a huge WTF moment and made it into some decent comedy gold. That's a rarity for them.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
This episode was hilarious. Serena's screaming was funny, Jimmy kept me awake, and Serena crossplaying as Ash was the icing on the cake.

Then there's this episode's weak link, Ash himself and TRio. TRio was a little annoying, but more bearable. I liked Ash much better when he was sick and acting like a dying horse. They handwaved how Ash got better as "Anyone but Ash would have gotten better in a day." After Clemont said that, I wanted to tear off his jaw and throw Ash in a rocket and ship him to the depths of Dante's version of Hell.

Epicocity

This episode was hilarious. Serena's screaming was funny, Jimmy kept me awake, and Serena crossplaying as Ash was the icing on the cake.

Then there's this episode's weak link, Ash himself and TRio. TRio was a little annoying, but more bearable. I liked Ash much better when he was sick and acting like a dying horse. They handwaved how Ash got better as "Anyone but Ash would have gotten better in a day." After Clemont said that, I wanted to tear off his jaw and throw Ash in a rocket and ship him to the depths of Dante's version of Hell.

Considering that Ash has never naturally gotten sick once in the run of the series...kinda makes sense that he'd recover ridiculously quickly. The boy must have an amazing immune system.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Considering that Ash has never naturally gotten sick once in the run of the series...kinda makes sense that he'd recover ridiculously quickly. The boy must have an amazing immune system.

If we really wanted to look at this realistically, Kalos would have diseases not native to regions he's visited. It could have conjugated with bacteria already in his body and mutate. Not to mention, viruses don't leave bodies. They sit in your cells and mutate until -- why am I bringing logic into this? It still doesn't make me want to like that part of the episode.