1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Battling Authority Once Again! (752)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Aug 23, 2012.

1. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

That's what's bizarre about it, they focused on the regular BW cast who will still be around for the rest of this series over the guest character who only returned for this event. I am even more surprised that none of Dawn's other pokemon are shown whatsoever outside of her first episode.

2. DMerle

DMerle Guess who's back

What was said in Trip/Cynthia's interaction?

3. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

Nothing interesting. Just Trip being nice to her face and then saying in his head that he'll beat her after he beats Alder.

That's probably the downfall for not having contests in Unova. May was lucky enough to return when contests were still going on, making her return meaningful.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  4. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ "Christina"

Eh a bit better than the 1st tournament episode, but not by much. I'm still kinda annoyed that Dragonite beats Dawn's Mamoswine. 5/10

5. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

The one thing that I really love from these tournament sagas are the Georgia/Burgundy interactions. The only thing that I think would make them better is if they actually traveled together & we'd see more of them

6. Why? It is pretty disturbing when you think about it. If all those ice attacks wouldn't hurt Dragonite, what would? o_o

Although I would have said "Thank god that Dragonite doesn't exist irl".

7. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

The animation in the anime is different.

Thats what you are supposed to do, just like people hated that Shinji was a jerk and an ******* but was a good character so people enjoyed him as a character even if he was an ***.

If they are pissing you off with Shooti atitude they are getting the emotion they want out of you towards the character, so they are doing well.

Still at the end of the day confidence is always a good thing, he will get overconfident in two episodes and get beat down by Alder don't worry.

8. HatersGonnaHate

No pokemon exists in real life...I hope you know that.

9. I said it didn't. Read post second time~

Don't know why you're assuming I don't know~

10. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

11. Bisharp

Bisharp Well-Known Member

I hate how Trip is trying to act like he's what...superior to...CYNTHIA? Lmao, don't make me laugh. I hope one day she goes on him harder than on Paul with Garchomp. I wouldn't mind Trip having 6 [all at once] on 1 battle against her Garchomp and lose. That's how i would want to see him being hummilitated by her.

12. HatersGonnaHate

There's no point in singling out one pokemon for not existing in real life when none of them do. It makes no sense.

13. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

So apparently Dento's Stunfisk used Sludge Bomb in this episode, is this true??

14. The writers are probably hollering with laughter at the adults who are going on an angry rampage over a 10y old cartoon character in a show meant for 7y olds~

Do you have a sense of humour at all? ._.

Hi rob.

15. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

It looked like a Mud Bomb not Sludge Bomb.

16. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Well if you remember back to the Clay gym, Palpitoad looked like it used Mud Bomb when it was actually Sludge Bomb too. Anyway Bulbapedia says it used Sludge Bomb so....

17. WaterShuriken

I actually compared it to Roxie's Koffing's Sludge Bomb as it looks similar.

Yeah its Sludge Bomb, it sound exactly like what Roxie commanded Koffing to use.

18. Chidori__O

Chidori__O Well-Known Member

Ash VS Trip next episode...that'll be epic.

Dragonite is crazy though. And it learned Dragon Rush this episode, right?

19. WaterShuriken

It probably already had it since it's debut.

20. Shneak

Shneak totem lurantis is the hardest boss

Goodness. Well, at least it was better than the first one. But once again, this episode falls to being so rushed. 3/6 battles were used as intermissions for characters to talk. Some attacks being fired off and then the result is an instant KO. The only battle that had weight to it was Dragonite vs Mamoswine, and it was only decent at best. I'm kind of glad Cynthia is involved with Iris and her Dragonite, since Iris would listen to her and could be influenced to strive for champion. Anyway, Trip vs Cilan was okay. It wasn't an instant KO, fortunately, but it could have been stretched out and handled better while still getting the point across. Also glad that Cilan used all his Pokemon in the tournament. As for Trip, I'm starting to enjoy him. I kind of like his Serperior (though Mei's Serperior's Frenzy Plant is obviously superior.) and I like that he isn't being a jerk. He has a goal that he wants to achieve and he's set on doing it. Trip wanting Alder to be more like Cynthia was nice too. All in all, this episode was lackluster. Stayed for Trip and the Burgundy-Georgia interaction.