• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling Authority Once Again! (752)

PokeMaster366

It kind of feels like Georgia is starting to become a more likeable character, but it also kind of strikes me as weird because the positive development started to show around the time that people were getting hyped about BW2. Meh, the writers are probably just giving Georgia better/more careful development because her "rival" is the Champion in the games, and because of that, the other main characters and their Pokemon seem to be suffering (both screentime-wise and development-wise). Is anyone else getting wind of this BS bias?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Watched the episode, Mamoswine wasn't as outclassed as I though, he still got owned though, Dragonite is a freaking monster though, definetly the strongest Pokemon a companion of Satoshi ever had, unless they are just being convinient and after the tournament, Dragonite starts losing more frequently(when he gets to fight) or struggle more.

Stunfisk learning a new move and winning is nice, Boldore getting a win against a fully evolved supposedly pretty strong pokemon too.

Serperior is a monster too, dayum, I really want to see the rest of his team though.

Crustle got beaten pretty easly, he didn't even get a single hit in.

Looking forward for next week to see Satoshi beat Dragonite.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Great, so Stunfisk has a complete moveset, but it's friend Palpitoad doesn't :p

Still, glad Fisk got it's first win :)

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Okay so I watched it.

i honestly enjoyed all of the battles.

and tell you the freaken truth, that mamoswine VS dragonite battle was EPIC. But it just broke so many god forsaken barriers in game logic.

I don't pay to much attention too it usually, but with mamoswine's attack stat always being high as it is, that broke my suspension of disbelief somewhat.

Like seriously, when mamoswine charged both times with take down, i got all giddy and that felt awesome.

but when mamoswine charged with ice fang...I was like, trying to feel excited cause i liked the animation and most of everything else...but i just couldn't enjoy that battle to its fullest. *sigh* Something about just that whole idea that he could take that made me kinda nyeh...

Had that been something like snorlax taking those, I would of thoroughly enjoyed that powerhouse battle like there was no tomorrow. probably reaching up into one of my favorite shorter ones.

And had dragonite not broken my suspension of disbelief, I'd freaken love him. I love his traits and how he acts, its just so funny. XD

...That, and kicking my dawn out of the tournament.../killed. XD

Serperior was awesome just saying, He hasn't broken my disbelief yet. He seems to be dodging alot more then taking the hit from a fire move. though the one hit kills are a little overkill...lol

Actually, I think that's why they have the pokemon dodge so much, even if it gets annoying as crap sometimes. Cause at least dodging it seems plausible no matter what. (Not always no matter what, i know but. But its alot easyiser and something you can't do in the games on purpose.) I just can't fathom this dragonite being able to take that when I know he's at least gonna have to power down to a hittable level...

oh well, still fun to watch. This whole rantish thing was just my competitive side showing...XD

LizardonX

Banned
Oh my god, georgia says ssomething to burgundy after Cilan's battle and she blushed!, Is this a sign of Conosseurshipping?

And oh god, I don't know what pokemon is more super OP now, serperior OHKOing fire typs with solarbeam, and tearing througb people with fenzy plant, or dragonite taking multiple ice shards to face, a take down(which would have OHKod any COTD), and an ice fang only to return with a dragon rush OHKO, that dragonite could probably 6-0 paul's best sinnoh team, and then tear through half of tobias's team without taking a rest. (krookodile's win is pure plothax, in the same vein as pikachu somehow losing to snivy)

I also thought a better way would be iris vs COTD, and serperior vs mamoswine, at least then its only a 2x weak and solarbeam/fenzy plant is SE on mamo while iris fights trip and gets knocked out (in one hit)by serp in the semi finals while Ash's krokorok evolves vs cilan in the semis. leading for pignite vs serp in finals.

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
A few things...Trip is obviously a naive kid allowing himself to get so confident...sure his serperior is strong but it's not indestructible...on serperior, I LOVE its animation especially when it dodged those rock slides and shook its tail like a rattlesnake...awesome...too bad I loathe his trainer...also, that "B*tch Please" face dragonite made when he won was classic....

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I still don't get why the writers are having Trip use his starter only for the entire tournament, we know the thing can battle good as apposed to most of his other pokemon, but seriously one pokemon isn't going to get a person anywhere, sure didn't work for Barry.

nice to see someone else with a pokedex, my eyes got tired squinting so much cause I wanted to see if hers was a different color, couldn't tell but it sure looked a little light bluish (ice colors) in the pics.

So who exactly helped Iris here? Dawn or Cynthia, or neither since it doesn't seem like Dragonite's changed much, thankfully Iris has though and realised that Dragonite's the winner, not her.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I still don't get why the writers are having Trip use his starter only for the entire tournament, we know the thing can battle good as apposed to most of his other pokemon, but seriously one pokemon isn't going to get a person anywhere, sure didn't work for Barry.

nice to see someone else with a pokedex, my eyes got tired squinting so much cause I wanted to see if hers was a different color, couldn't tell but it sure looked a little light bluish (ice colors) in the pics.

So who exactly helped Iris here? Dawn or Cynthia, or neither since it doesn't seem like Dragonite's changed much, thankfully Iris has though and realised that Dragonite's the winner, not her.
\

I honestly think they both helped to an extend. xD Since dragonite doesn't listen quite yet, its probably gonna be ash's battle where it listens because it realizes that taking everything and not listening to your trainer doesn't win every battle. IE, he loses. And he grugdedly accepts iris as his trainer.

at least thats how i see it. XD

LizardonX

Banned
It's ridiculus how it can tank ice which it is 4x weak to, but not rocks which its only 2x weak to.

It should totally have been krokorok evolving and then losing here, then mamoswine pwning nite next round, and then have quilava beat serperior, evolving in the process. End with togekiss vs bouffalant. Then she can be written out of the show forever with a bang like all the other females who came back.

Last edited:

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
It's ridiculus how it can tank ice which it is 4x weak to, but not rocks which its only 2x weak to.

It should totally have been krokorok evolving and then losing here, then mamoswine pwning nite next round, and then have quilava beat serperior, evolving in the process. End with togekiss vs bouffalant. Then she can be written out of the show forever with a bang like all the other females who came back.
stone edge has date crit hit ratio.

wait accually, let me test something for the lolz. *tries to get calcs*

lol those calcs failed. stone crit only does like around 15% more then STAB ice shard does.

I wanted make game logic out of this damnit. XD

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
While I liked the Dawn/Iris battle, it left a sour taste in my mouth that Dawn lost. Even Iris seemed angry at Dragonite for not obeying her, understanding that she wasn't in control of her win. I believe Georgia/Burundgly commented on it too.

Mamoswine really should have won here, and then we could have seen Ash beat Dawn with Krok evolving against it. Dragonite already got a big win against an ice type like Beatric, it didn't need another one.

LizardonX

Banned
stone edge has date crit hit ratio.

wait accually, let me test something for the lolz. *tries to get calcs*

lol those calcs failed. stone crit only does like around 15% more then STAB ice shard does.

I wanted make game logic out of this damnit. XD

If this was ingame a mamoswine moveset of

stone edge
super power
ice shard/icicle crash
earthquake

would enable it to easily sweep everything in the tournament. Even using the anime moveset ice shard would probably have been enough to knock out serpeior and dragonite.

XXD17

Draco rex

stone edge
super power
ice shard/icicle crash
earthquake

would enable it to easily sweep everything in the tournament. Even using the anime moveset ice shard would probably have been enough to knock out serpeior and dragonite.

Ingame, a bulky multiscale d-nate can easily take an ice shard...so can serp...d-nite might not be able to OHKO but serp definitely can with leaf storm...

While I liked the Dawn/Iris battle, it left a sour taste in my mouth that Dawn lost. Even Iris seemed angry at Dragonite for not obeying her, understanding that she wasn't in control of her win. I believe Georgia/Burundgly commented on it too.

Mamoswine really should have won here, and then we could have seen Ash beat Dawn with Krok evolving against it. Dragonite already got a big win against an ice type like Beatric, it didn't need another one.

Mamoswine is not strong as Dragonite, which is why it lost. I don't see how it's fair that Dawn would win over Iris when she got beat May back in DP. You can't have it both ways that Dawn gets to win over every female traveling companion. But then again we all know you don't consider fairness with your ideas.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~

stone edge
super power
ice shard/icicle crash
earthquake

I was only seeing if I could try to find a way to justify the way dragonite takes the ice moves but not the stone edge. thats it. xD

And second, you'd need a crit with ice shard (and even then IDK) or a focus sash icicle crash in order to beat a Serperior. Serperior is faster, and will likely one hit Ko you if its contracty leaf storm like most serperior are in the upper tiers. (heck, leaf storm without it would kill. xD)

though if you want to continue to discuss this, I suggest on my page. I'm not looking for getting another infraction for spam. ;/. this convo may take a while...lol

in a desperate ploy to keep my post on topic...I do give the episode a 8/10 just because I did like the battles. Accursed game logic making it so hard to enjoy that epic looking mamoswine vs dragonite fight D:...xD

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
It's episodes like this which makes me realize why I love Cabernet. What she makes up for her lack of wins she has in humour and it's brilliant.

I love to know all of what Cabernet said during both of Dent's battles. And was that sparkling pose she did supposed to be an imitation of him?

I love Kairyu's expressions, but man, it's just way too overpowered. It once again K.O'd its opponent and this time Kairyu did take some damage.

Had to laugh at Dent doing some actual talking while Shooty's lines were basically; "Attack! Attack! Dodge! Dodge and attack!" during their battle.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Mamoswine is not strong as Dragonite, which is why it lost. I don't see how it's fair that Dawn would win over Iris when she got beat May back in DP. You can't have it both ways that Dawn gets to win over every female traveling companion. But then again we all know you don't consider fairness with your ideas.

Its not even about Dawn beating two female protagonists, I don't even think about that, its about Dawn getting a decent win in the tournament. We know Dragonite will lose the next match so what's the point of showing it invincible to ice attacks when its going to lose to a Rock attack in the next match?

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
It was a goof ep in my opinion. Gpsh, I just love Trip, he's so confident and winning matches in a Tournament arc at last. My only worry is that, Alder will totally beat him in a battle as Trip has maybe a little too much confidence atm :'D Oh, and just because Dawn lost, I could give this ep 10 points. I'm interested too see how Dragonite will actually lose, since it seems almost unbeatable right now. But hey, it did listen Iris just a little bit in this episode right? I mean, I think it dodged... maybe.

Oh, and Cabernet & Langley, you guys are awesome.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Your bias knows no bounds. We've only seen Dragonite for 3 episodes and can't assume anything about it's experience as it was never shown onscreen. Mamoswine on the other hand was shown multiple times and was raised from a Swinub, which we all saw. Going by that matter alone, Mamoswine is reasonably the stronger of the two, but because the writers love to make Pokemon seem far more deadly then they are, Dragonite was a shoe'in to win this because of them(the writers) alone. If one were to write a reasonable story, almost everyone would likely make Mamoswine win in the end