• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling Authority Once Again! (752)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Now this was an intense episode! Though once again Ash has an oportunatly to reference his past troubles with Charizard which could have potentally helpd Iris and of course that's never brought up. Having said that it will be interesting to see if Alders Bouffolant has the sap sipper ability next week that will be a nice slap in the face for Trip. :p

Wrong episode thread, girl.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Georgia + Burgundy = comedy gold. Man, they had the best lines in this episode. :D I especially liked the part where Burgundy actually rooted for Cilan for a second, then angrily demanded that he not lose. LOL I usually don't rate gym battles or league battles among top favorite episodes, but these two ladies made this episode fun to watch. I also like the matchup of one undisclipined pokemon (Dragonite) against one who used to be (Mamoswine).

8/10

J Ken

RAVE
Trip really showed Cilan up out there. lol Serperior curbstomped Crustle easily. Sucks that Dawn lost so easily to Dragonite though.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This was a great episode. It was disappointing that Daen lost to Iris but it was great that Trip got revenge on Cilan.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really enjoyed the character interactions between some of the characters in this episode. I liked seeing Burgundy and Georgia sulking and shading each other; they were so bitter and pressed and yet I loved it. I also liked seeing Cynthia - for want of a better word - "tame" Dragonite who seemed really fired up and eager to battle. Iris and Dawn's match was great. I loved that both used their biggest Pokemon to battle, even if Dragonite still had an attitude problem. I also liked that Dawn was such a good sport about losing too. Watching Cilan's Crustle lose to Trip's Serperior was the icing on the cake for me.

NPT

Just a member
Georgia and Burgundy's interaction was nice in this episode, they were really funny. xD

I liked the scene when Burgundy rooted for Cilan and told him not to lose the battle, it seemed like she finally has some respect for him. Trip was a jerk as always, I didn't like how he glared at the Sinnoh champion Cynthia.

Iris and Dawn's battle was disappointing, It's stupid how Iris's Dragonite overpowered Dawn's Mamoswine. Dragonite didn't even obey her and took down Mamoswine on his own. Seriously, Dragonite was OP in this episode.

Okay, that was one amazing looking Dragon Rush.

Re-YOO-NEE-clus
Good to know. :)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow I liked how Cynthia was able to pet Dragonite despite how vicious he seemed. Seeing Iris defeat Dawn was exciting cuz it showed how type effectiveness isn't always crucial. Too bad Trip beat Cilan. ^^;

Leonhart

Imagineer
I felt that the bickering between Langley and Cabernet was entertaining, and Shirona approaching Kairyu while he sulked made me nervous at first. I didn't think Iris's win against Hikari was fair, though. Kairyu wasn't even listening well to Iris's commands, so I didn't think that Manmoo's loss was deserved.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Omg, I liked the scene when Burgundy was cheering for Cilan and told him not to lose: it seemed like she finally has some respect for him. Iris and Dawn's battle was disappointing though: it's sad how Iris's Dragonite overpowered Dawn's Mamoswine. :c

Alloutℯ

Banned
The yelling between Burgundy and Georgia ranged from being quite funny and well done, to making no sense. I'm sure this is due to the difficulty in translating some of these random bits of shouting, but they've really done a poor job of that in the last few episodes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I now wonder if Iris only won against Hikari as a way of making the audience think that she'd actually go on to win the whole tournament since she was on a roll after defeating Langley.

I don't like how they're steamrolling through these battles. Sure it's obvious they're making time for the last one to be a drama-bomb, but it's too fast. I am loving Georgia and Burgundy's commentary, the best commentary since the old Indigo days of Misty and Brock. Serperior and Dragonite are seriously breaking my suspension of disbelief. That pose Dragonite stuck after beating Mamoswine was cool.

DAWN GOT ROBBED
DRAGONITE WINS WITH PLOT ARMOR SOMEHOW TAKES THREE ICE SHARDS AND MAMOSWINE GOES DOWN WITH ONE HIT BULLSHIT POOR MAMOSWINE

RafaSceptile

I would have liked Iris to win while Dragonite obeyed her, so it would feel like an effort between trainer and Pokémon to achieve the victory.
I'm fine with the result because then we had Ash VS Iris

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Dawn was robbed. Iris should not of won this match at all. I'm not sure why they decided to nerf Dawn but wasn't Mamowswine considered her powerhouse in DP? I mean I suppose Dawn got her revenge considering Iris got nerfed a couple of series later but still. Mamoswine should of been able to put up a better fight than what he displayed. The fact that Dragonite practically KO'd it easily with Dragon Rush after tanking a bunch of Ice moves felt like a shot at Dawn's strength when she was shown to be strong outside of Contests.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Yikes, this battle was just something. Nice scene with Cynthia talking to Dragonite but the entire battle with Dawn just seemed like a way for Dragonite to flex it's strength. It somehow stopped Mamoswine Take Down and took a bunch of 4x moves like it was nothing. Meanwhile Dawn's reward for bonding with her Pokemon and having a good connection is just more jobbing.

I will say that Dragonite learning and ended the fight with Dragon Rush was pretty cool but that's about it. It wasn't smart to constantly keep using a Pokemon who's not listening and just switch to another one.

I like to pretend when Dawn was saying "congrats you earned it" that there is a little bit of sarcasm there because ain't no way somebody is that good of a sport.

Cynthia: "I just know Iris and Dragonite are going to be a powerful duo"

why you lie sis