• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling For The Love of Bug-Types! (684)

Chimchar15

LoL, since the start of BW people where moaning that while the serious TR where cool they still missed their old comical side, then after a small hit that they may be returning to their routes in this episode people have already started moaning that they miss the serious TR? The Writers just can't win can they.
Personally I am looking forward to having them back, I always loved the fun TR and really missed watching Ash battle them. However hopefully they will still keep some of that seriousness and share their screentime equally between trying to capture Pikachu, and find their boss/take down Plasma. Its clear from the Alien episode scans that they still have all their serious gadgetry.

As for Yemask, new Haze user maybe?

Excuse me but some of us including me were ecstatic about serious TR. I was absolutely loving them and to see that they could possibly be going back to their old ways permanently sadness me. Hopefully this is only temporary.

gliscor&yanmega

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TR is back to their old ways! Crap crap crap crap crap!!!

I don't think Jessie, James, and Meowth trying to find Giovanni and possibly get Team Rocket back together again would be classified as their "Old ways". From what I heard, the only thing they went back to was their old clothes. Till I see them go blasting off in almost all the episodes I wouldn't consider it "Old ways".

If anything, I'd say the writers want to have them about in the middle. Not be completely serious where they pretty much seem like completely new characters, but not just characters used mainly for comedic purposes. Basically, how they were in BW004 may play out as the norm for them now, to me in that episode they didn't feel like the new serious Team Rocket but weren't the old Team Rocket either, they were in the middle which had a little something for everyone.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
It'll be nice if they keep their white uniforms, I've missed those... and if they come face to face with Ash a bit more, at least that opens up the evolution opportunities again :)

In a way I hope the seriousness subsides, but I don't want them to be quite as stupid as before. I mean if James treats this Desumasu like a baby and then catches a Marakacchi, i'll be pretty annoyed.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
They will probably just be like this, until Giovanni returns, I wonder what the heck happened to make them disband, I want to see those two episodes even more.

Seeing them in their old uniforms and seeing James capturing a Pokemon, was probably a highlight to me, and at least this battle and this gym, was better than Nacrene's don't even get me started on the Nacrene city gym battle.

playerking

wow another anime rule got broken is this the first time one of Ash's pokemon has evolved in a gym fight?

Yep, the first time, and I'm glad, because Swadloon looks awesome, and I think after it evolved, it's sting shot attack, is now stronger.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
So my biggest fears are confirmed, dumbass Team Rocket is probably back, urgh.

What they even got back with their old clothing? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Damn episode 33 pictures were giving me that vibe.

Last edited:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I'm pretty disappointed that they chose to throw this one to Pikachu rather than Tranquil. Tepig going down quickly was a surprise, as was Sewaddle/Swadloon getting TWO victories (we all knew it would evolve in the battle though- I believe that's a first for the series!). As for Team Rocket, I'm glad that they're going back to actually having personalities, but I could do without them showing up in every episode with a silly capture plan. I'd rather see them go off and do their own thing (musicals maybe?) and only meet up with the gang every now and again, while mostly being entangled in the Plasma storyline. I wonder if, as Giovanni is gone, he'll be succeeded by the four admins from HGSS. It wouldn't be the first time the anime featured previously skipped characters from earlier generations (Like Wallace in the middle of Sinnoh). Yamask is a welcome addition... I wonder how long it will be until Woobat and Yamask evolve though, as Team Rocket tend to have evolved pokemon. Typical that a pokemon called Cofagrigus should fall to James, of all people...

VoltTacklingPika

It sounds to me that Team Rocket aren't reverting back to their old, incompetent selves completely. The artwork from BW033 suggests this. The Team Rocket plotline in Best Wishes has not ended; their goal now is to find Giovani. For the time being I don't expect them to be as serious, but at the same time I don't expect them to appear in every episode to try and capture Pikachu with random robots.

playerking

It sounds to me that Team Rocket aren't reverting back to their old, incompetent selves completely. The artwork from BW033 suggests this. The Team Rocket plotline in Best Wishes has not ended; their goal now is to find Giovani. For the time being I don't expect them to be as serious, but at the same time I don't expect them to appear in every episode to try and capture Pikachu with random robots.

Well the BW033 Artwork doesn't exactly tell us, that they are still evil, sure the techniques look like they are still being serious, but they could still be in their white uniforms, like in this episode and they are still using advanced equipment. But as I've said before, I like that they've changed back, I hated their Black uniforms, I prefer their white ones.

Nostalgic Hybrid

Judged By Username
TR appearance. Guess they survived the previous episodes.
They're back in their old costumes! Oh gawd, does this mean 13 more years with attempts to capture Pikachu each episode..?
AND JAMES CAPTURES A RANDOM YAMASK BY FEEDING IT FOOD?! Eh, at least he finally caught something that doesn't bite/hug him all the time.

Kinda like Cacturne when you think about it.
But this makes me sadface. I kinda enjoyed not having Team Rocket around. They were still there, but weren't being failures at everything they do and interaction with Ash & Co was minimal. Oh well.

RickHoenn

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTR is back to their old ways! Crap crap crap crap crap!!!

I wonder why you jump the gun so fast? Have you seen future episodes?

Sure Team Rocket disbanded but they will try to find Giovanni, who knows the possibilities they have now in the show and Team Plasma will probably get a lot more spotlight.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I was close in my gym battle prediction. At least I got the Pokemon right.

I'll have to watch this later, I'm excited. How did this episode not get banned if it references the previous 2? Looks like Team Plasma is way stronger than we thought, and Team Rocket is officially disbanded. I wonder what JJM will do. At least James has a Yamask. It fits him, especially Cofagrigus.

Yup.....I wonder why Ash took his Pikachu rather than his Tranquill.
Pokemon writers are confusing!!!

Knowing the writers, they will probably save Hatobo for the 6th gym where it will fight the other flying Pokemon. They need to stop being so predictable! I doubt Satoshi will use her against the Electric or Ground Gym Leader anyway, and if he's just not going to use her then why did the writers give her to him. It kind of upsets me.

Rentaline99

who ya gonna call?
Strange. I was a bit happy when the Rockets went goofy again, and I loved the serious Rockets. :/
Maybe I'm just happy they didn't leave the show. Oh! And Yes!! James got a mask! I was so sure that pokemon fit him.

Last edited:

Thriller

Its almost time
I strongly advise that people not think that the old so-called "TRio" are back, ESPECIALLY since in the very next episode they are back to wearing Black, and taking things seriously.

Its quite obvious Giovanni has gone into hiding so the public of Hiun City doesn't suspect any attacks.

Anyway, Sewaddle evolving, Yamask getting captured, the whole Unova Saga is really turning into my wet dream; an evolution or a capture every couple episodes! At this rate, one of the starters could be fully evolved by the 40s.

Satoshi's girl

Cafemocha <3
Sounds a pretty amazing episode =P Im gonna watch this now :/ so awsome Ashy has 3 badges now <3