• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling For The Love of Bug-Types! (684)

team rocket4ever

Of want to stop watching Pokemon .....team rockets if returned Comedy is not the first time in the show

Last edited:

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Watch Ash use Tranquil in the electric Gym, given he's been purposely using type disadvantages in every BW match so far.

Actually, I could see him doing that as a way to combat Emolga. The nice thing about Flying-types is their maneuverability (please let me have spelled that right since I'm posting this from my iPod) compared to other types.

EDIT: Now that I'm on an actual computer, let's take the time to reflect on the good and bad of this episode.

GOOD
-James catches a Yamask, so he's actually useful again.
-We now know that even if Team Rocket as an organization disbands, the Trio are here to stay. Love or hate, I literally can't imagine the anime without them.
-The return of old Jessie means that Woobat actually has a chance to evolve.

BAD
-TR returning to their white uniforms makes the whole episode feel like a Unova version of a DP Gym battle. This is good for Teshub, since he likes DP, along with earthquakes, tsunamis, and nuclear meltdowns. And it doesn't help that Iris is rumored to get an Emolga, which is basically just a reskinned Pachirisu. If Unova suddenly starts up a Contest circuit and Iris becomes a Coordinator, then we know we've got a problem.

Last edited:

Teshub

Banned
I loved their comedics antics until Hoenn and while I somehow agree about DP they staled to death to the point they were unbearable!

Didn't you say you didn't even watch DP, so how would you know? I believe TR got stale a long time ago. I think the problem is that people are too fond of their favorite series that they automatically see everything about it being just about perfect.

you're overreacting -_- you don't know what's going to happen, maybe Giovanni will give them more orders in the future, in BW33 sketches James and Jessie looked damn serious. Everyone don't know what's going to happen next.

Here's the funny part, P.O.K.E.M.O.N is acting just like you were back when DP was airing. Take a look at your posts from that time. If you have a favorite series you will give it the benefit of the doubt many times. Realistically nobody can say that Johto, Hoenn, BF, and Sinnoh TR are different from each other. I'll give you Kanto, back then TR used guns and James became an actual transgender. However they still had the same goal.

gliscor&yanmega

Ok. Here we go. Just a few (Major) clarifications. I apologise in advance as Key Hole was being laggy last night which meant I misheard some things.

- Burgh has moved part of the Pinwheel Forest into the Gym for the bug Pokemon (so they feel more at home).
- As to be expected, both Trainers are limited to 3 Pokemon each.
- Burgh's Dwebble is carrying a different kind of stone that is lighter than most, which is why it's so fast.
- For his own reasons Ash spams Tackle for most of the battle with Dwebble.
- When he finally does use Nitro Charge, Burgh and Dwebble use protect.
- Followed immediately by Rock Wrecker which knocks Tepig out.
- Cilan thinks Burgh was waiting for Tepig to get close before using the attack.
- Iris asks 'Of the Pokemon Ash has on him, who can beat Dwebble now?' Cilan responds 'Either a water-type move from Oshawott or Pikachu's Iron Tail.'
- Ash, god bless him, says 'Bug vs bug!' as he sends out Sewaddle.
- Although both are surprised, Cilan says 'This tastes just like Ash, though.'
- Tranquil was indeed sent to Prof. Juniper.
- Whirlipede has Solar Beam not Aurora Beam. Dunno what I was thinking.
- TR is NOT disbanded. Giovanni is (probably) NOT missing. The TRio ask the secretary to speak to him, she declines and says he is very busy. They ask if he said what they should do next - she says that he said they are free to do what they like, and work hard for Team Rocket.
- The TRio doesn't know what to do; they ponder about the meaning of the orders.
- Meowth does indeed say they should track down Pikachu for Giovanni and James agrees, leading into the motto.
- Jessie goes to attack the Yamask when it appears, James thinks its hungry and feeds it.
- He then catches it.
- Jessie and Meowth claim a victory for Giovanni because of the capture.
- Then we're back at the gym battle.
- Ash uses Swadloon's own Razor Leaf to break through Leavanny's String Shot.
- Pikachu uses or is ordered to use Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Electro Ball and Iron Tail during the battle.
- Pikachu gets Leavanny in the neck with an Iron Tail. In the neck.
-

Apologies again. :(

Thanks for the clear up.

So Giovanni isn't missing and the group isn't disbanded...well there goes the great potential I saw coming from that.

I really hope Team Rocket doesn't blast off again, I don't mind their "older" personality staying(Since I like their personality a lot) but the blasting off all the time I could do without.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Finally James gets a poke'mon. I was wondering when that was gonna happen. Quite a lot of things happened here too. I always wanted a gym battle in which Ash's poke'mon would evolve and win the battle, and I finally got it too. Pretty good episode.

RickHoenn

Banned
Didn't you say you didn't even watch DP, so how would you know?

I watched all of DP last year and while it's NOT bad it remains the worst saga for me.

and Kanto/Orange Islands TR is the funniest IMO.

There's still those sketches of James and that Elgyem, proving this isn't permanent.

That's what I've been saying, I don't think this is permanent and maybe they'll be switching from silly to serious and viceversa?

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Hey guys, remember that this thread is for discussion of the episode. In other words, discussion of TR's future behavior don't belong here. Luckily for you, this thread in Anime Spoilers is a perfect place to hold that discussion instead! Go post about TR's reversion to their old behavior(however temporary or permanent it may be) there!

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
The animation in this episode seemed totally wonky. o_O Burgh creeped me out most of the time. However the one bit of animation that was awesome was Team Rocket's motto. That was bad arse.

This episode also pulled a lot of things out of it's behind. Sewaddle evolution and James capture in some of the most unexciting ways. Ok, sure.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Wow people your idiots for saying TR are back to there old selfs just because of this one episode. Yes there back in white and not serious. However until we seethe next episode we can't really say for sure. With Gio MIA it makes sense for them to take it easy. Besides who cares if there in white again it is called Black and White after all! Plus what about ep 33

Teshub

Banned
Wow people your idiots for saying TR are back to there old selfs just because of this one episode. Yes there back in white and not serious. However until we seethe next episode we can't really say for sure. With Gio MIA it makes sense for them to take it easy. Besides who cares if there in white again it is called Black and White after all! Plus what about ep 33

The TRio has been left to their own devices, so they are out to capture pokemon for Giovanni again instead of participating in the meteorite operation. If they encounter Ash & Co. they will fail. Doesn't matter if they don't do it in a goofy way or serious, the outcome will be them running with their tails behind their legs. Some badasses.

Cobalt_Latios

Yes, because this one small minor change will ruin the show FOREVER....

>_>
Well... for some people it might.

Now, normally I'd be all over the next episode of Best Wishes... but for some reason, I'm not nearly as compelled to do so.

I'll probably just wait very patiently for the "other" episodes to be aired, then I'll go ahead and watch this.

Yeah, I'm one of those people who prefers to watch things in proper order.

Apparently, Burgh likes to spam protect in this gym. Told you guys he was hax. Although, in the games, he just got lucky with Critical's. At least on me anyways...

Also, in regards to TR, if they have reverted, then possibly let them keep some of that intelligence, and have them not blast off. At the very least. If that can be managed, I really don't care what happens.

/CL

Another evolution so soon? I guess this kind of makes up for the lack of captures/evolutions for James/Ash recently. I think Ash will take a while to make Swadoon happy enough to evolve. It may even be Oak'd and then return to kick some *** Kingler style!

shac

For a bug type gym leader, Burgh sure does not use many bug type attacks. I mean whirlepede's finishing move is solar-beam, what the heck is that about?? And the only bug attack his star battler, Leavanny knows is string-shot.........cheap, cheap, cheap!

Chill92

Well since Burgh's Leavanny kept on spamming leaf storm and other ranged attacks, I have a feeling the writers did it to show some difference from Ash's future potential Leavanny. It may be more speedy and physical, compared to Burgh's

Venomfang

Perky Goth
If they encounter Ash & Co. they will fail. Doesn't matter if they don't do it in a goofy way or serious, the outcome will be them running with their tails behind their legs. Some badasses.

Tis better to be a badass and fail, then to have never been badass at all.

Anyway, good episode.

The animation was decent and Sewaddle evolving was nice, although I am still a bit pissed that tranquill wasn't in the gym battle.

I really hope Team Rocket doesn't go back to being borderline retarded.

Shiny pokemon lower

Well, I take the TR part. It's a shame that they changed back to their old selves and that Team Rocket is disbanded. I just hope they doesn't try to catch Ash's pikachu in evry sigle episode again. I'm fed up with that!

For the gymbattle. It would be logical that Tepig which is a firetype should get at least one victory aganst those bug types. I had nothing against letting Sedawaddle take part in this gym, but two wins a new mowe and evolution?! Reminds to mush about Krabby in the indigo legaue. And why couldn't his newly evolved bird type take out the last opponent? Pikachu could battle an other day! To many things to complain about in this episode! :(

RANK UP! I'm now a Hive Trainer!!!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
TR is NOT disbanded. Why in the world do people keep saying that? People who translated the dialogue said nothing like that.

Raichu:)

Fire Type Expert
why is everyone assuming that TR are back to their preverbial 'old ways' its probably gunna be a mix of comical and seriousness.
i love yamask its soo cute.
also swadloon is cool, my strongest pokemon in white lol
i think next team rocket capture will be karrblast for some strange reason i can feel it in ma waters

any how nice episode i like the white uniform

uber gon

Accept Change
So rather than give Ash a living buzzsaw, the animators gave him an emo bug? These guys should have given Ash Whirlipede.