• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back (1135)

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I have mixed feelings on the use of Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution music in this episode. On the bright side, I have been slightly annoyed at the show reusing the same like four or five battle themes non-stop, and having something else play for once is nice... Plus y'know, playing Mewtwo's theme when Mewtwo shows up, what a novel concept! However... Mewtwo's theme was written for MSB Mewtwo specifically, who was decidedly more sinister than he is here, post-character development. So hearing those ominous church organs heralding his appearance here feels like a bit of a tonal clash?

BobbbidyBob

I have mixed feelings on the use of Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution music in this episode. On the bright side, I have been slightly annoyed at the show reusing the same like four or five battle themes non-stop, and having something else play for once is nice... Plus y'know, playing Mewtwo's theme when Mewtwo shows up, what a novel concept! However... Mewtwo's theme was written for MSB Mewtwo specifically, who was decidedly more sinister than he is here, post-character development. So hearing those ominous church organs heralding his appearance here feels like a bit of a tonal clash?
Yee Yee! Agree. Also .......dynamaxed Pikachu should have battled Mewtwo

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The intro was epiccc also one thing from that too:

GROOKEY EXISTS

YelST

Mitsuha Yamano Fan Account
Well at least Grookey turned up!

Great episode, one of Journeys' stronger ones so far, although the common theme of Ash's Pikacario bias continues

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
1.Another amazing episode.
2.Grookey! But only in a presentation.
3.Mewtwo used like 1% of his power.:p:D:p

BobbbidyBob

I watched the episode and I feel meh. Idk why I feel like this
Same....that’s the problem with hyping things up too much.....you expect more and get less

BobbbidyBob

I also expected they would do something or say something special to further Goh’s Goal with mew (“dreams are made of these” episode did more for that) but that went nowhere either....character wise it seemed lacking too. It was just “hey look at Mewtwo and that’s it” although I will have to wait for the subs tomorrow. I doubt Mewtwo will be back. So like....whatever. XD the environments and animation looked cool though. And the character interactions between Ash and Goh are always fun to watch too.

Kein

AKA Silktree
That must be Faraway Island. Tickets, Mew, shore access via sandal-boat referencing the isolated-place. That is such a nice throwback to Emerald if so; the only game a wild Mew can be captured.
It's hard to say for sure because one of the synopses gave it another name, but it might as well be Faraway Island (unless they said it was close to Kanto).

Ultra Beast Lover

Well, it's nice that they brought they brought that Mewtwo back though I'm not sure what they were saying. Also, I was looking through the screencaps for this episode and that image of just Reshiram's head looks horrifying.

BobbbidyBob

Well, it's nice that they brought they brought that Mewtwo back though I'm not sure what they were saying. Also, I was looking through the screencaps for this episode and that image of just Reshiram's head looks horrifying.
I think that was Mew transforming from what I remember XD

isonademnemosyne

This Mewtwo seemed so generic and robbed of screen time it almost felt as though they could have used a third Mewtwo or even reused Femtwo and it would not have made any difference lmao

That said, since this is confirmed to absolutely be M1 Mewtwo, it's nice to see Mewtwo has finally found his life purpose as a protector or guardian of some sorts. Like many I just wish that Mewtwo could have gotten more of the focus overall but alas this show at the end of the day is about Ash & Goh.

BobbbidyBob

This Mewtwo seemed so generic and robbed of screen time it almost felt as though they could have used a third Mewtwo or even reused Femtwo and it would not have made any difference lmao

That said, since this is confirmed to absolutely be M1 Mewtwo, it's nice to see Mewtwo has finally found his life purpose as a protector or guardian of some sorts. Like many I just wish that Mewtwo could have gotten more of the focus overall but alas this show at the end of the day is about Ash & Goh.
Mewtwo fulfilled his FanFiction life purpose lol. Also I think this Mewtwo would have worked more being femtwo. You are right. Cause wasn’t she the one who had this protector of pokemon vibe? And mewtwo had the mysterious city pokemon vibe XD I honestly head cannoned Ash would encounter Mewtwo again in a city alleyway

diakyu

Hmm seems like Cinderace isn't a walking Pokemon anymore, I wonder if that means Sobble will get more focus coming up