• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back (1135)

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oh ye it looks like they also put in an old Miyazaki BGM theme, at the part with Pikachu and Cinderace vs M1. Too bad I forgot the name of the theme.

BobbbidyBob

Why were their dreams at stake (like it said in the description) in this episode though?

BobbbidyBob

The episode in my opinion should have ended with Mewtwo looking at the moon. It’s sort of M1 Mewtwo’s stamp

Lacuna

Goodnight
The episode in my opinion should have ended with Mewtwo looking at the moon. It’s sort of M1 Mewtwo’s stamp
Yes, this!
I feel like there weren't nearly enough of M1 Mewtwo's trademarks in this episode for some reason, things that he's known for like that. We got that same descending shot from the movie of course, but like... he barely even used Psychic, from what I remember. It felt really weird.

MegaSalamence05

Now this was a very fun episode. Very happy with the return of Mewtwo. I just love M01 Mewtwo so much and very pleased that this legend has returned.

Now the only thing that I'm surprised at is the moveset of Lucario's they used in this episode. I understand the reason being a newly evolved Pokemon the previous episode and all but they use that to update movesets. (Aura Sphere notwithstanding)

I do hope Mewtwo is Ash's parallel to Goh's Mew parallel.

BobbbidyBob

This episode sort of showed us how faaaaaar away Goh seems to be from his goal of catching Mew.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Pikachu was utterly useless in this fight, they clearly made him the fall guy to further glorify Lucario and Cinderace lol
Yeah. They did him dirty. If this is Mewtwo's final appearance, Pikachu hasn't done anything noteworthy enough for the past 20 yea-um, 10 days to be able to even touch Mewtwo. Meanwhile the fresh dog and bunny at least held out longer, but shouldn't be really that good at surviving for that long.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Goh's basically a moron with an intelligent head, whose impulsiveness and dreams of grandeur are constantly rewarded by the universe with a severe lack of logic that also birthed his Quick Ball genes no one is impressed at.

Having Mew literally float behind his back (once again) is simply the universe's way to screw him, which he never notices. Failure is something this kid does not experience because he reaps on the benefits of the journey that outweight the rewards of victory anyway.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah. They did him dirty. If this is Mewtwo's final appearance, Pikachu hasn't done anything noteworthy enough for the past 20 yea-um, 10 days to be able to even touch Mewtwo. Meanwhile the fresh dog and bunny at least held out longer, but shouldn't be really that good at surviving for that long.
I doubt this is the last we'll see of Mewtwo, no idea if it'll be the Mewtwo but we'll see one again

BobbbidyBob

Goh's basically a moron with an intelligent head, whose impulsiveness and dreams of grandeur are constantly rewarded by the universe with a severe lack of logic that also birthed his Quick Ball genes no one is impressed at.

Having Mew literally float behind his back (once again) is simply the universe's way to screw him, which he never notices. Failure is something this kid does not experience because he reaps on the benefits of the journey that outweight his goals anyway.
We need to have Koharu say these exact lines to Goh XD