• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling...I remember that

mewfanforlife

It's been a while since I've battled competitively (on Wifi at least) and HG's release inspired me to start again. My team will be for standard OU.

Aerodactyl@Focus Sash

Pressure
Jolly
4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd

-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-EQ
-Taunt

Aerodactyl is a suicide lead and provides my Stealth Rock support and can survive thanks to Focus Sash to set it up. Should it get another turn, it can ruin opponents trying to set up stat boosts or just do a little extra damage before it dies.

Kingdra@ Lum Berry

Swift Swim
180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant

-DD
-Rain Dance
-Waterfall
-Outrage

Since Leftovers are needed elsewhere, I decided on a Lum Berry to cure confusion from Outrage or any other status effects Kingdra's dealt. Obviously, Kingdra relies on Rain Dance to boost speed and attack and then attempts to raise stats more with DD. I considered adding Thunder over Thunderbolt on Magnezone for synergy with Rain Dance, but have largely decided to shy away from that option. Additionally, since I have no fire types to be ruined by it, the Wet Rock could potentially replace the Lum Berry.

Alakazam@ Expert Belt

Synchronize
Timid
4 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spd

-Psychic
-CM
-Signal Beam
-Charge Beam/Energy Ball/Shadow Ball

Psychic combines well with CM for a stat boost and STAB. Signal Beam provides a way to fight other Psychics and Darks. I'm unsure on the last move, however, Charge Beam provides a nice way to get extra Sp. Atk, but Energy Ball helps me counter Swampert which otherwise could cause a lot of trouble for my team. Shadow Ball would enable Alakazam to fight Ghosts better, but a lot of them are part Poison anyways, and it is redundant on coverage against other Psychic Pokemon.

Weavile @ Choice Band

Pressure
Jolly
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd

-Fake Out
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
-Brick Break

Weavile gives me a nice flinch at the start when necessary with Fake Out, although switching for Ice Shard is an option I'm considering. Ice Punch and Night Slash enable Weavile to enjoy its STAB and Brick Break deals with other darks. Choice Band doesn't work with Fake Out, however, so I could use item suggestions as Life Orb is needed elsewhere.

Dusknoir@Leftovers

Pressure
Impish
252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 Def

-Pain Split
-Will o Wisp
-EQ
-Shadow Sneak

Dusknoir is the Pokemon I have who can take a bit of a hit. Leftovers and Pain Split combine for health restoration, Shadow Sneak to strike first and finish off an opponent with Will o Wisp to cut attack. EQ is on it to handle any Normal Pokemon as well as Steels who would be a nightmare otherwise as well as for its higher attack.

Magnezone@ Life Orb

Magnet Pull
172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest

-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Fire
-Magnet Rise
-Flash Cannon

This is a fairly standard sweeper. It's my way of dealing with the Scizor that would otherwise be a pretty big threat. Life Orb is the obvious item as Choice items are not an option with Magnet Rise.