• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling Into the Hall of Fame! (845)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Team Battle! Competing for the Hall of Fame!!

The Pokémon Summer Camp competition is coming to a close with both Ash & Tierno's teams at the top of the rankings. For the final assessment, a special Team Battle is to be held. This is where the six trainers face off against eachother at the same time. Before the battle, they all head to the Pokémon Center to make sure their Pokémon are in top-form. However, as Team Rocket have been posing as chefs in the camp, their plan finally comes to fruition and they capture many trainer's Pokémon, including Tierno's Squirtle. Will they manage to retrieve the Pokémon and, when it comes to the battle, who will win and join the Summer Camp Hall of Fame?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with a recap of the last episode.

All of the Summer Camp contestants are now at the beach, where Sycamore is talking to them.

The kids all seem excited.

Professor Sycamore announces that the next competition is a Team Battle.

Ash and co. as well as Tierno and his friends are all inside a cabin, talking about the next competition.

Ash, Serena and Clemont are battling against three other people.

One has a Furfrou, one has a Manectric and one has a Fletchling.

Ash used Pikachu, Serena used Fennekin and Clemont used Bunnelby.

Ash's team won.

Team Rocket are still in their chef disguises and are now spying on Tierno, Shauna and Trevor.

They are planning to take their Pokemon, Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle as well as Pikachu.

Team Rocket talk to Tierno's group and they sneakily steal their Pokemon.

Ash and co. are at the Pokemon Center with Tierno's group.

Team Rocket go off to the woods with the captured Pokemon.

Jessie brings out her Pumpkaboo and then drains Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle's energy.

Ash and co. here of what happened to the others Pokemon.

They then head out to find the cooks who stole their Pokemon.

Dare Da? Team Rocket.

Team Rocket take off their disguises after Ash and co. found them.

The main cook lady is in the woods as well and is shocked to learn of the other cook's real identities.

Bunnelby, Froakie and Fennekin come out to battle Team Rocket.

Pikachu finishes Team Rocket off with Thunderbolt and then they blast off.

Ash, Serena and Clemont start their battle with Tierno, Shauna and Trevor at the beach, as the sunsets.

Pikachu, Fennekin and Chespin are battling Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle.

Ash and co. are having a tough start, but then Trevor's Charmander gets defeated.

Shauna's Bulbasaur also gets loses.

Ash's Pikachu then defeats Tierno's Squirtle.

Ash, Serena and Clemont have won the battle.

It's now nighttime and all of the contestants watch the night sky as fireworks get shot up into the air.

Ash's group then goes over to Tierno and has a chat with them.

They then go back to their cabin to have a talk.

Clemont gets excited about something.

Tierno and Squirtle then perform a dance routine for the others.

Ash brings out all of his other Pokemon, in order for them to learn how to dance like Tierno and Squirtle.

Next morning, all of the contestants are back on the beach, listening to Professor Sycamore talk again.

The summer camp has now come to a close.

As Ash and co. say goodbye to Tierno, Shauna and Trevor, there are flashbacks of the Summer Camp.

To be continued.

Last edited:

IcySealeo

Pikachu defeated all three Pokemon... Fennekin was the first one to faint, while Chespin helped Pikachu to defeat all the Pokemon.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
The battle was decent.

Satoshi is now asking Tierno to show him his moves for his pokemon to learn it seems, cool.

Though it was cool that Squirtle showed his competitivness by crying after he lost, I hope we can eventually get a Blastoise vs Greninja figth between them.

*unmotivated Facepalm for a predictable outcome, gotta hype up that pikachu Yo.
Wow if Pikachu actually lost or tied this battle that be really bad writing considering he wiil be facing Mega Lucario soon. And it makes sense that the other two go down as they haven't trained much up till this point. I would rather take realistic battles any day regardless of the outcome.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Wow if Pikachu actually lost or tied this battle that be really bad writing considering he wiil be facing Mega Lucario soon. And it makes sense that the other two go down as they haven't trained much up till this point. I would rather take realistic battles any day regardless of the outcome.

Chespin didnt go down, the battle ended with Pikachu and Chespin not koed, it as 2-0 at the end, Fennekin lost rather quick but yeah doesn't have much training, they were kinda down for being the only ones losing but Bonnie/Satoshi/Clemont cheered thme up.

Chespin didnt go down, the battle ended with Pikachu and Chespin not koed, it as 2-0 at the end, Fennekin lost rather quick but yeah doesn't have much training, they were kinda down for being the only ones losing but Bonnie/Satoshi/Clemont cheered thme up.
For once I am glad that Ash and Clemont wrecked the house instaed of always it being down to the last trainer and Ash having to do all the work and losing or tieing.

phanpycross

God-king

Cause It's not like Ash could have not used pikachu, and just have a straight Kalos vs. Kanto brawl.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Great episode and a fine way to end this arc. The beginning foreshadows or at least builds up Serena and Clemont being in sync with Ash by taking out other opponents in the triple battles with Fennekin. To establish this even further, their teamwork is also shown in their attempt to free Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle from Team Rocket. Like literally, as if Ash and Clemont were reading other's mind or something. Super bros.

Despite this it is also shows Serena's weakness as a trainer, being the first one to get taken out in the triple battle against Team Squirtle. The super bros really put up a fight here, managing to take out everyone after Fennekin's elimination, but Squirtle's dance moves were really though. They really hyped this shite up enough to warrant Ash asking Tierno for lessons, which is surprising for me because I thought it'd end in the fireworks display and then immediately go to a denouement. Hawlucha reappears after a long break.

Thus ends this arc. Would've been better Serena or at least Shauna spilling some spaghetti in the fireworks scene as a call-back from the games. Also, Diantha as a kind and her team actually appeared in a photo during the scene where they show the teams that have made it into a hall of fame!

Also, Manon/Mairin replaces Oak at the end of this episode showcasing Mega Sceptile. Alain appears as usual attacking like a debbie downer. And it is for the betterment of this anime if Manon is a permanent replacement for Oak. ;_;

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I'm simply happy Serena contributed, was proactive AND lost first in the team battle.

She was clearly upset by it and I hope this leads to more Serena/Fennekin training.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I'm simply happy Serena contributed, was proactive AND lost first in the team battle.

She was clearly upset by it and I hope this leads to more Serena/Fennekin training.

sadly her fennekin only short in the battle, i wish it could have done more, i'm hoping for a serena training episode but it could only be my wishful thinking

and who would have thought team keromatsu wins the hall of fame

BJack

Zura
those ugly cgi wingull tho

The battle was nice. Tierno and Squirtle were extremely cute this episode, he is probably my fav from the trio

giratina the shadow

sadly her fennekin only short in the battle, i wish it could have done more, i'm hoping for a serena training episode but it could only be my wishful thinking

and who would have thought team keromatsu wins the hall of fame

Well it was good that it wnet down a bit quick cuz the writers stuck to the reality as it has the least battle experience among all 6 so makes sense it got defeated easily.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Only seen the 3v3 part of the episode. Decent battle IMO. Pikachu finally deciding to bring his Latios slaying form back. Fenneking and Serena despite getting KOd first still helped a bit, and she was probably the least experienced so it makes sense she goes down first and like Janovy said it's good that Serena was upset about it. Also good that Ash and Clemont's team tactics worked here with Ash and Pikachu in the more offensive role while Clemont and Chespin played a more supportive role (granted if Chespin had Rollout I'd have given him the kill over Charmander it's not a big deal IMO). Also hail me the prophet who predicted Pikachu and Chespin would be the last ones standing

LizardonX

Banned
Seriously?! Pikachu couldn't share even a single bit of glory in the battle?! Why the hell does he need THREE MORE WINS WHEN CHESPIN STILL HAS ZIP.

I've been quiet on that front but this amount of EXCESSIVE Pikachu pandering is downright cruel.

Ѕhiny Missingno

The final outcome of the battle was really good IMO. It doesn't matter who got the KO anyway since Pikachu couldn't have won the battle without Chespin's help and Fennekin also contributed. The teamwork between Ash and Clemont made this a fun battle and even though Chespin didn't get any KOs, it still counts as a victory for it. Though, I wouldn't have minded Chespin getting some part of the fame.

Fennekin's early KO is also not a problem at all as long as Serena learns from this and decides to grow as a trainer.

Light Novel

The battle was decent.

Satoshi is now asking Tierno to show him his moves for his pokemon to learn it seems, cool.

Though it was cool that Squirtle showed his competitivness by crying after he lost, I hope we can eventually get a Blastoise vs Greninja figth between them.

Imposible. Why you not think how to Blastoise can dance with big body? :))
Oh my oh my. Pikachu's one hit kill? Amazing!. I think in this Kalos region Pikachu's be level up...

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
How much did Fenniken contribute (haven't got to watch the episode) cause the images kinda suggest she didn't do anything but block some attacks. Other then that looked like a pretty sweet battle

Side Note:
If Squirtle and Froakie have this made up rivalry... where was Froakie in this battle? I mean Ash is using Pikachu for a 3rd time against Mega Lucario, so if Froakie clearly had something going, he'd most certainly have been in this battle.

Janovy

Banned
How much did Fenniken contribute (haven't got to watch the episode) cause the images kinda suggest she didn't do anything but block some attacks. Other then that looked like a pretty sweet battle

Side Note:
If Squirtle and Froakie have this made up rivalry... where was Froakie in this battle? I mean Ash is using Pikachu for a 3rd time against Mega Lucario, so if Froakie clearly had something going, he'd most certainly have been in this battle.
Fennekin blocks Charmander's Flamethrower with her own Flamethrower and then tries to block Aqua Tail with Hidden Power but fails and faints.

Serena is basically the first one to lose and both her and Fennekin are shown upset that they lost first.