• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling Into the Hall of Fame! (845)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
The only thing I didn't like in this episode was Pikachu getting both wins....I mean come on Ash, you could of at least used Froakie or Fletchinder in the first battle.
I thought Froakie was in the first battle (Guess he wasn't)?... Well then so much for Froakie training

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I enjoyed this episode very much. Everyone is up in arms about the last battle, but in their first match, everyone did something and no one was KO'd. So, basically... I do think that this is setting up for Serena being a Coordinator.

Episode 1 : Serena wonders about dreams.
Episode 2 : Pokémon Performers in detail. Serena says she'll try it. Ash reassures her she can decide later with Fennekin.
Episode 3 : n/a
Episode 4 : Serena understands the feeling behind battles and feels motivated. Sad when losing. Pokémon Performances don't include battles. Serena seems to have some coordinator-like battling moves.

If Fennekin ends up enjoying battling, I don't think the Performances will be fulfilling. Especially when it seems to require too many wins to get their goal. While a coordinator only needs 5 ribbons.

Last edited:

--VIRGO--

As for me. I loved this battle pretty much. And unlike some of you I'm glad very much, that Ash used Pikachu. I mean. Why should he use Froakie? To make it Kanto starters vs Kalos starters. At least it's not as predictable as I though it will be. Serena did very well for her first battle. Fennekin is not used to battling. But managed to save Pikachu from Charmander's Flamethrower. And what Pikachu did was totally awesome. Respect for taking down all Pokémon with single hit. Charmander right before hit ran from side to side knowing what that Thunderbolt will do to him. Bulbasaur was surprised by never expected Electro Ball. And Squirtle was just a sitting duck in the end. I like that kind of battles. At least it's not a situation, when Triple Tag Battle is concluded by one on one. More surprise from writers.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I need confirmation, but i get the feeling that Trevor mentioned about different formats of Team Battles.

3 Vs. 3 was the one they had in this episode. The other format (i think he mentioned) were 5 Vs. 5 and 7 Vs. 7.

Now i wonder why something like this was mentioned. Does it mean that we would atleast once get to see a 5 Vs. 5 and 7 Vs. 7 team battle in the future.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I need confirmation, but i get the feeling that Trevor mentioned about different formats of Team Battles.

3 Vs. 3 was the one they had in this episode. The other format (i think he mentioned) were 5 Vs. 5 and 7 Vs. 7.

Now i wonder why something like this was mentioned. Does it mean that we would atleast once get to see a 5 Vs. 5 and 7 Vs. 7 team battle in the future.

I know there gonna be something like 1 vs 5 in the new games like a horde pokemon battle but idk about 5 vs 5 and 7 vs 7, that might be confusing as hell.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I know there gonna be something like 1 vs 5 in the new games like a horde pokemon battle but idk about 5 vs 5 and 7 vs 7, that might be confusing as hell.

I don't know about 7 Vs. 7, but a 5 Vs. 5 might be possible.

Also an interesting thing to note is that Ash has travelled with 9 Pokemon Trainers (including the Kalos ones) until now (not counting Max & Bonnie since they aren't really Trainers). So, we have had 10 trainers in the show as travelling buddies (for Series length duration), and 5 of them are girls and 5 are boys.

So, if the thing about 5 Vs. 5 team battles is true, and the writers are planning to use it in the future. Then how about a team battle between Girls Vs. Boys.

Which means the boys side would have Ash, Brock, Tracey, Cilan & Clemont. While the girls side would have Misty, May, Dawn, Iris & Serena.

And each of them would be using a pokemon who can possibly evolve into Mega's (except Ash who would be using his standard Pikachu).

Well this is easily possible considering that as of now, except Cilan (and obviously Clemont and Serena), the others 6 have atleast one pokemon who belong to the evolutionary line or can possibly Mega Evolve.

Brock - Marshtomp
Tracey - Scyther
Misty - Gyarados
May - Blaziken/Venusaur/Wartortle
Dawn - Buneary
Iris - Gible

Nightstar1994

^Give me a Mastermind 2 while we're on the topic of nostalgia meetings.

Speaking of the episode, it was a fun one! I hoped Team Rocket had a better plan than this, but oh well, it's not B/W anymore which means I shouldn't have any expectations to begin with.

Fireworks part was the best part, with Meloetta's Relic Song playing in the background!

zhixun

So just because there's speculation that she might pursue being a performer, then she can't battle anybody except rocketto dan? That would be truly awful writing. It hasn't done anything up to now and only giving it battles against the 3 idiots would be the worst.

The episode was honestly exactly what I thought it was going to be. Rocketto Dan were terrible, and seeing Serena going down first wasn't a surprise. Why pikachu was used instead of froakie is beyond me. Maybe it got "tired" from the yawn-inducing fight against team rocket. It was great to see chespin get some glory. Honestly, thank goodness this arc is over.

Of course she can battle with someone else except Roketto Dan. But this should not be the MAIN GOAL for Serena. Only do that once in a while. For instance she can battle once in every 10 episodes.

I enjoyed this episode very much. Everyone is up in arms about the last battle, but in their first match, everyone did something and no one was KO'd. So, basically... I do think that this is setting up for Serena being a Coordinator.

Episode 1 : Serena wonders about dreams.
Episode 2 : Pokémon Performers in detail. Serena says she'll try it. Ash reassures her she can decide later with Fennekin.
Episode 3 : n/a
Episode 4 : Serena understands the feeling behind battles and feels motivated. Sad when losing. Pokémon Performances don't include battles. Serena seems to have some coordinator-like battling moves.

If Fnenekin end sup enjoying battling, I don't think the Performaces will be fulfilling. Especially when it seems to require too many wins to get their goal. While a coordinator only needs 5 ribbons.

It is a BIG NO for Serena being a coordinator since we have Haruka and Hikari before and hence it will be stereotypical in my opinion. Also seriously why you think that battling is the ONLY CRITERIA FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT? Can you think of some alternatives that DOES NOT INVOLVE BATTLING? I think you need to be more flexible about this. NOT EVERYONE LIKES BATTLING. I have had enough for all Serena's haters always talking about whether she should battle.

Last edited:

cmarston1

Animation Enthusiast
It is a BIG NO for Serena being a coordinator since we have Haruka and Hikari before and hence it will be stereotypical in my opinion. Also seriously why you think that battling is the ONLY CRITERIA FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT? Can you think of some alternatives that DOES NOT INVOLVE BATTLING? I think you need to be more flexible about this. NOT EVERYONE LIKES BATTLING. I have had enough for all Serena's haters always talking about whether she should battle.

Pokemon battling is the main driving force for this entire show. Characters that don't battle such as DP Brock and Tracey are never given any real development or focus. Since battling is the main aspect of the anime characters that don't battle are left to the wayside and are pretty much forgotten about. Without constant battling there is no reason to catch pokemon, raise and train pokemon or show off pokemon at all which are most of any character's focus and development comes from. So by not battling the writers won't give Serena any meaningful focus, development or anything besides her being Ash's satellite love interest with no agenda to her own and be only used for eyecandy. Are you really okay with that?

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
If Fnenekin end sup enjoying battling, I don't think the Performaces will be fulfilling. Especially when it seems to require too many wins to get their goal. While a coordinator only needs 5 ribbons.

Your prediction does make sense and I'd prefer it to happen that way. At least Serena seems to have two possible paths which is greater than none. This arc/episode was good enough to give us that!

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Seriously?! Pikachu couldn't share even a single bit of glory in the battle?! Why the hell does he need THREE MORE WINS WHEN CHESPIN STILL HAS ZIP.

I've been quiet on that front but this amount of EXCESSIVE Pikachu pandering is downright cruel.

Sorry? Did you watch an alternate version of this episode which didn't have Chespin alongside Pikachu during the victory? The only Pokemon that got defeated on Team Froakie's side was Fennekin, meaning Pikachu and Chespin shared the victories..

The bitterness is getting ridiculous now..

diakyu

Pretty good episode. Decent battle and a break from the usual 1 on 1 battles are always welcome in my book. And it was a nice touch having a pic of younger Diantha at the camp next to the pic of Ash and co.

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
So...I finally got a chance to watch this episode, so it's time that I post. Anyways, this episode wasn't bad. Not the most amazing episode ever, but not terrible either. It was nice to see some progress on Serena, she's my personal favorite character and I would love to see her contribute a bit more, I've always thought that she has potential, the writers just need to give her a bit more focus imo. Anyways, the battle wasn't too shabby, it was nice to see the three do teamwork and work together to try and win against Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor. Fennekin was the first one to get knocked out, but hey, Serena does have far less battle experience than Ash (who has traveled and competed in six regions including Kalos) and Clemont (the Lumiose Gym Leader), so I can't blame that. Madame Catherine seemed regretful that she actually wound up hiring bad guys for her kitchen after they attempted to steal Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. Speaking of which, Fennekin proved itself useful with its sense of smell, and Bunnelby too, so that was nice to see. Squirtle seems to show a bit of personality afterwards, crying over its loss. Anyways, Ash trying to learn Tierno's dance techniques was interesting to see, and it's funny that Tierno had a jukebox with him as well. Still though, it'll probably be a mess as seen in next episode's preview. But regardless, this episode was overall pretty decent, I'm glad to see the characters interact and it was a nice way to end the Summer Camp arc. We may see Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor again someday, but we never know. Anyways, now to see Shalour City and Korrina and Gurkinn once again, looking forward to that.

zhixun

Pokemon battling is the main driving force for this entire show. Characters that don't battle such as DP Brock and Tracey are never given any real development or focus. Since battling is the main aspect of the anime characters that don't battle are left to the wayside and are pretty much forgotten about. Without constant battling there is no reason to catch pokemon, raise and train pokemon or show off pokemon at all which are most of any character's focus and development comes from. So by not battling the writers won't give Serena any meaningful focus, development or anything besides her being Ash's satellite love interest with no agenda to her own and be only used for eyecandy. Are you really okay with that?

I admit that battling is one of the important driving force for this show. But what I meant was that too many people think that battling is the unique way for character development. Serena has not even started anything about performing. Certainly Serena needs to use Pokémon in order to do this well. It is absurd to make conclusions before proving it wrong.

zhixun

Also I think Serena now has to take a break for a couple of episodes. Her Fokko appeared in seven consecutive episodes from XY036 to XY042.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Also I think Serena now has to take a break for a couple of episodes. Her Fokko appeared in seven consecutive episodes from XY036 to XY042.

I really hope that you're being sarcastic, as I've spent the last year or so seeing everyone say that they're not doing enough..

The more exposure for Serena and Fennekin, the better..

cmarston1

Animation Enthusiast
I really hope that you're being sarcastic, as I've spent the last year or so seeing everyone say that they're not doing enough..

The more exposure for Serena and Fennekin, the better..

Exactly! She needs to keep this up before we all forget that she exists again. It's scarily easy to forget that she exists most of the time. Why would anyone want her to go back into the background to DP Brock levels again?

*jumps off cliff* Serena was nothing but background fodder for about six months worth of episodes, and suddenly now she's getting too much exposure? Fenniken appearing too much? It was rotting in the ball for about the same amount of time. Not everyone needs to battle, but in a show called "pokemon" the pokemon need to be showcased.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Madame Catherine seemed regretful that she actually wound up hiring bad guys for her kitchen after they attempted to steal Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle.
It seemed to me that she was sad that they were leaving and would not be coming back to work. I wonder if Team Rocket should have given up their life of crime in order to try and open a restaurant?