• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling on Thin Ice! (809)

DedicatedFan

@dwail, as someone else said, "Oh no, not this again!"

Seriously though, do I need to lecture you again?

DP voices where the best, honestly the 4kids ones everyone sounded like a bunch of cheezy cartoon characters. Once TPCi took over i was glad Ash actually sounded like a dude and not a little girl with a headcold (Sarah beats Veronica anyday, only reason ppl like here is cause like you they're blinded by nostalgia)

So in conclusion, to save everybody's time and tolerance with you, please just go watch 4Kids and leave those of us who actually like TPCi alone.

It's nice to see someone defending the TCPI voice actors instead of all this blind hate.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Can I just say I loved the dub name for Clemont's invention in this episode (The Sticky Web Sticky Wicket Whacker Wonk)? lol this gave Clemont more of that cute geeky charm

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Can I just say I loved the dub name for Clemont's invention in this episode (The Sticky Web Sticky Wicket Whacker Wonk)? lol this gave Clemont more of that cute geeky charm

love the name how its called, but apparently they look the same to me with the japanese ( what was that again - sticky never never give up machine?)

zhixun

I like the way that Satoshi congratulates to everybody for the victory of the battle. Not just to his own Pokémon but also to Citron as well. The way that Pikachu uses Electro Ball on himself is an awesome strategy to keep awake, otherwise he could possibly be knocked out and hence lost again.

edgehead011

alexa, made me lmao when she told serena basically looks like you have an effect on him

Now that I've seen it a few times, the more I think that 'frubbles' would have been a perfect speed lowering move in the games, maybe as an exclusive move to the Froakie evolution line. However, that would mean, when Froakie evolves to Greninja, it would technically have two exclusive moves to just it: Frubbles and Water Shuriken,

And as I guessed, Ash didn't remember Serena. In his defense, she's not very memorable. Hopefully the writers do something about her current blandness as a character in the future. :/

The battle was good. This time Pikachu got to star, which makes up for its loss in the last episode.

Pikachu52

Brilliant. Not only is this a great gym battle but it's an example of exactly how Pikachu's battles should be handled. Not only did Pikachu win the rematch with Surskit, he went onto be the hero of the gym battle, taking out Vivillon as well. Pikachu's the reason Ash got his first gym badge, just as it should be. Why couldn't BW have been more like this. The battle reflects well on Ash too showing his ability to strategise and think on his feet. He chose the right Pokémon to fight Viola's two bug types, came up with a good counter for her strategy and when his initial plan didn't work was able to think of a solution. Why on earth he couldn't have done that against Panpour or Excadrill a generation earlier I have no idea.

*Frank*

Typical Ash-rematches-the-Gym-Leader-after-training-episode.

Pikachu was able to get its revenge against Skatermon, but with the cost of Fletchling losing against its rematch against the Illuminati.

BUT WOW, Ash continues to surprise me every time and at the same time continues to disappoint me with his strategic battling skills thanks to his good photographic memory.

JudySpell

Banned
Ash doing some training using help from Froakie was nice but I didn't like how Serena's cheering was used to elevate Ash during the Gym match. 6/10

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode was far better than part one. Not only does Ash and his pokemon get their act together and really work to win the badge, but we also get to see Serena help give Ash encouragement and see Ash get unexpected inspiration from Clemont when his machine blows up. I liked when Ash got starry-eyed over the science, LOL.

8/10

Gillachu

Banned
Meh, at least Ash finally won the Bug Badge in Santalune's Gym. Pikachu redeeming himself on the ice was good too I guess. :cool:

Nyter

Island Challenger
I loved the backstory. It was so cute.

And the comeback battle was good. However, I felt that Ash's biggest obstacle was Vivillon's psychic and Ash didn't really overcome that. Apparently all Ash needed to do was to remember that Pikachu had a tail to defeat Viola. Great follow up episode.

4 out of 5 stars

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Clemont and Alexa helped Ash train for his rematch at Santalune's gym and how Bonnie was falling asleep hee hee. Ash vs Viola round two was animated well and I liked Pikachu's tail strategy on the ice.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
However, I felt that Ash's biggest obstacle was Vivillon's psychic and Ash didn't really overcome that. Apparently all Ash needed to do was to remember that Pikachu had a tail to defeat Viola.

Er, it was the ice field that Viola's Surskit made that was giving Ash so much trouble in XY005, so of course that was his biggest obstacle here as well. :x

Leonhart

Imagineer
So the Hakudan City Gym re-match was like the opposite of Satoshi's first Gym match against Viola, in that here his Yayakoma got no wins at all while Pikachu was the star, instead. Seeing Pikachu defeat Ametama and Vivillon didn't bother me, but I was slightly displeased that Satoshi didn't even recognize Serena.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I really enjoyed this battle. Normally I'd be a bit disappointed that Pikachu stole the whole show, but Fletchling did pretty well and it won where Pikachu couldn't so I'm fine with that.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I really enjoyed this battle. Normally I'd be a bit disappointed that Pikachu stole the whole show, but Fletchling did pretty well and it won where Pikachu couldn't so I'm fine with that.

Fletchling getting the loss here made me laugh, though. His skills here seemed to be weaker than when he first fought Viola's team in XY005.

Leonhart

Imagineer

Yayakoma did so much better than Pikachu during the previous Hakudan Gym match anyway, so Pikachu could afford to outshine him in this episode.