• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling on Thin Ice! (809)

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Also, how does Ash forget about Serena? I mean assuming he is 10 years old and you gotta imagine that he bandaged Serena when he was 6. I know time works differently in the Pokémon world but that probably still wasn't that long ago. I would understand if he was 20 or something but he's 10 so it really wasn't that long ago.

I find that perfectly natural, to be honest. It's virtually impossible to remember the hundreds and hundreds of people you see during your life. When I was 6-7, I remember swimming with a girl who knew English and Spanish. However, I don't remember anything else. No name and no face. If I saw her again I would probably not recognize her. Same goes for a lot of people that I've seen during my life.

So it makes sense that Ash doesn't remember her. She probably was a girl like others to him and probably didn't leave him any impact. Serena, to the contrary, got said impact.

Different people remember different things because they have different minds. He may slowly remember her while they travel together.

Anyway, I'm a bit disappointed that Pikachu got two wins. I would have preferred if he lost to Vivillon and let Fletchling finish the job. Oh well, the battle and interactions seem interesting nonetheless.

i find that perfectly natural, to be honest. It's virtually impossible to remember the hundreds and hundreds of people you see during your life. When i was 6-7, i remember swimming with a girl who knew english and spanish. However, i don't remember anything else. No name and no face. If i saw her again i would probably not recognize her. Same goes for a lot of people that i've seen during my life.

So it makes sense that ash doesn't remember her. She probably was a girl like others to him and probably didn't leave him any impact. Serena, to the contrary, got said impact.

Different people remember different things because they have different minds. He may slowly remember her while they travel together.

Anyway, i'm a bit disappointed that pikachu got two wins. I would have preferred if he lost to vivillon and let fletchling finish the job. Oh well, the battle and interactions seem interesting nonetheless.

No, Ash is thinking about Misty! That's why!

Just kidding, Amourshippers! Don't Neg Rep me!

.....Oh, wait! Ya can't :p

That's a fair enough point, Cressy but you're much older than Ash so more time has gone by for you when you were six. But I'll still buy that especially with all the people Ash has met and Serena does look a bit older now and she's wearing different clothing so maybe that's why as well.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Might be, Pikachu was clearly awake though while being surrounded by the cloud..

It was fighting to stay awake the whole time and the reason why Ash told Pikachu to use that Electro Ball trick to cancel out the effects of Sleep Powder.

Also, i am sure it was Sleep Powder because Viola clearly ordered Vivillon to use "Nemurigona" (japanese for Sleep Powder).

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Locormus mentioned a scene where Froakie hit Fletchling what happened?

After the training with Froakie's fruffle things, Froakie comes along and hits Fletchling, in a manner that I can only say as "brotherly". Fletching was fine afterwards, and if I remember correctly acted confident.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'll have to see it for myself when it's up.

Sounded like another shippy episode to me. Serena encouraging Ash, Ash saying something that confuses her at the end, Ash saying something during the Gym Battle that reminded Serena of their past. I knew the ship would be a big deal but they are really laying it on thick now. It's a good time to be an Amourshipper!

There is going to be complaining either way, Robert. If Fletching starred in the battle and outshined Pikachu, people would complain that Pikachu definitely reset but if Pikachu stars, people will say he's a battle hog. Unless you are suggesting he shouldn't have used Pikachu at all in this battle.

Pretty much one person and a bunch of one time posters who seem to appear and disappear as fast as they got here.

Pikachu has no reason and I mean NO reason to battle Vivillion. He got his revenge on Surskit which was all he should of got. Fletchling needed to get revenge on Vivillion, Pikachu had nothing to do with that battle and literally stole it for no reason other then hurr durr buy our Pikachu merch.

No, Ash is thinking about Misty! That's why!

Just kidding, Amourshippers! Don't Neg Rep me!

.....Oh, wait! Ya can't :p

That's a fair enough point, Cressy but you're much older than Ash so more time has gone by for you when you were six. But I'll still buy that especially with all the people Ash has met and Serena does look a bit older now and she's wearing different clothing so maybe that's why as well.

Umm, so? What if he's 20 or 10? You don't remember everyone you meet, do you? Serena wasn't as important to Ash because he was being himself with a random girl. But in Serena's eyes, he was helping her, so she remembered him well from that incident.

Umm, so? What if he's 20 or 10? You don't remember everyone you meet, do you? Serena wasn't as important to Ash because he was being himself with a random girl. But in Serena's eyes, he was helping her, so she remembered him well from that incident.

There is still a difference. If Cresselia92 was 10, she'd still have a much higher chance of remembering the girl she swam with than now when the time is further away.

NPT

Just a member
The episode starts off with a recap of the last episode.

Then the opening starts.

The episode then replays what happened at the end of the last episode with Serena talking to Ash.

It appears Ash doesn't remember Serena and she is a bit sad.

Aww, man! Why Ash, why?

Noivern, Helioptile and Dedenne are eating along with Alexa (I think she was there), Bonnie and Clemont on a bench under some shade.

Alex laughs for some reason and then he continues his training session.

It is now the afternoon and Ash is still training, so they decide to take a rest and have something to eat.

They go to the Santalune Pokemon Center for a meal.

Back on the battlefield, Clemont reveals another invention of his and Ash has those sparkly Bishouen eyes.

The invention is a cannon that shoots out balls of web just in order to resemble the attack Sticky Web.

The machine suddenly stops working, so Clemont goes to check it out. It goes to fire in Clemont face, so he aims it up into the sky.

The web then falls back onto the cannon and it causes the next ball of web to be stuck and it makes the invention explode.

Ash decided to bring out Froakie and use Froakie's foam as a substitute. Good thinking Ash.

It seems like Clemont made that gadget for help Ash training for his rematch against Viola. Even though his gadget exploded, it ended up giving Ash an idea of training his Pokémon.

Ash then has a chat to his Pokemon before Serena talks to him again.

I wonder what did she tell Ash..... Probably she's telling him to do his best in his battle against Viola.

It's the next day and Ash re-challenges Viola to a gym battle.

Violva brings out Surskit and Ash chooses Pikachu to battle first.

Surskit shoots some sticky webs and Pikachu dodges them and uses Thunderbolt, but Surskit uses Protect.

Surskit goes to use Ice Beam, but Ash tells Pikachu to stop it or block it and Pikahcu hops onto Surskit and tries to redirect the attack.

The Ice Beam then freezes the trees on the outside of the battlefield and the battlefield as well.

Surskit then circles around Pikachu and goes to fire an attack.

Pikachu ends up winning the battle and Violva recalls Surskit and then then Ash recalls Pikachu for Fletchling.

Viola then brings out her Vivillon.

Fletchling goes in for an attack but Vivillon uses Pshychic and forces Fletchling to stay stuck on he ground.

Fletchling uses Razor Wind and Vivillon uses Solarbeam, which knocks Fletchling out.

Ash chooses Pikachu again.

This seems a pretty good battle so far....

Ash says something that Serena remembers Ash saying to her as a kid.

Oh, another flashback!

Vivillon fires a SolarBeam and Pikachu uses Thunderbolt

Pikachu uses Electro Ball to clear the field of that green gas.

Vivillon's wings have a bit of ice on them and then Pikachu fires a Thunderbolt which knocks Vivillon out, making Ash the winner.

Wow, seems like a really cool battle, both of Them are using smart strategies! The ice came in handy after all.

Ash asks Serena something and she is sort of shocked/confused.

Oh.........another cliffhanger.

This seems like a really good episode, I gotta watch it somehow. Thanks for the episode summary, playerking!

There is still a difference. If Cresselia92 was 10, she'd still have a much higher chance of remembering the girl she swam with than now when the time is further away.

Of course she would, but what if the girl she swam with (lol?) wasn't so important to her? Then she would obviously not remember her after 4 years or so. Heck, she probably wouldn't even remember after one year.

Of course she would, but what if the girl she swam with (lol?) wasn't so important to her? Then she would obviously not remember her after 4 years or so. Heck, she probably wouldn't even remember after one year.

Okay, I'll give you that. No one's going to remember everyone they met.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Regarding Satoshi and Serena's past, they both attended Professor Okido's Pokémon Summer Camp together. Satoshi remembers the camp, but couldn't remember anything about meeting Serena there.

The next episode preview showed more flashbacks, so it's obvious she'll make more attempts to make him remember next week.

I think Ash asked about what Serena's plans are for now which surprised her since she clearly doesn't have any as of yet.

It was more that the episode ended before she got to answer.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Pikachu has no reason and I mean NO reason to battle Vivillion. He got his revenge on Surskit which was all he should of got. Fletchling needed to get revenge on Vivillion, Pikachu had nothing to do with that battle and literally stole it for no reason other then hurr durr buy our Pikachu merch.

Though, i agree that Pikachu getting 2 wins is a bit too much considering the possible wins it could get later on.

But i would say one thing. It not always about revenge battles in the anime. The most important thing is that Ash and his Pokemon's work together to get a win. Only when there is a special circumstance that we should talk about revenge matches.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Though, i agree that Pikachu getting 2 wins is a bit too much considering the possible wins it could get later on.

But i would say one thing. It not always about revenge battles in the anime. The most important thing is that Ash and his Pokemon's work together to get a win. Only when there is a special circumstance that we should talk about revenge matches.

Pretty much in every single rematch battle, the same pokemon battled the same pokemon other then against Brawly(which was stupid anyways).

I mean you train so you can rebattle with the pokemon who creamed you, not a pokemon you didn't even battle.

BlueDragonfangirl

Pretty good episode, loved the training scenes and Ash using more of that brain of his :)
Ash x .serenainteraction is adorable, shippy or not :p

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Pretty much in every single rematch battle, the same pokemon battled the same pokemon other then against Brawly(which was stupid anyways).

I mean you train so you can rebattle with the pokemon who creamed you, not a pokemon you didn't even battle.

By that logic Aipom should've taken down Roark's Rampardos, but I digress.

thought that the match was well done, Pikachu really knew what it was doing this time as was Ash.

Not really surprised about Ash's answer to Serena, he's kinda been busy with other things to keep up with other affairs.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
By that logic Aipom should've taken down Roark's Rampardos, but I digress.

thought that the match was well done, Pikachu really knew what it was doing this time as was Ash.

Not really surprised about Ash's answer to Serena, he's kinda been busy with other things to keep up with other affairs.

If I'm remembering correctly, didn't Cranidos take out everybody but Pikachu?? And he still got revenge on On if who was the one who took him out which is my point.

Also the other BS about this episode was that Fletchling's training was essentially useless -_-....

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
If I'm remembering correctly, didn't Cranidos take out everybody but Pikachu?? And he still got revenge on On if who was the one who took him out which is my point.

Also the other BS about this episode was that Fletchling's training was essentially useless -_-....

nope,

Cranidos beat aipom, forced Pikachu to be withdrawn for Turtwig who kicked it's butt, then Onix came in and took them both out.
In the rematch, Pikachu got Onix, Aipom faught and defeated Geodude(who wasn't even in the first battle) then Rampardos came out, took out Aipom easily, then Pikachu, and got beaten by Turtwig a second time.

There's really no point in making logic for revenge/rematch battles with gym leaders on who does what, you get a kill in one fight that don't mean you entitled to one in the rematch.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is it just me, or did Alexa notice Serena's feelings for Ash, & even briefly talked about it to Serena during the gym battle?

I can easily see this picture becoming a future meme

Last edited: