• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling on Thin Ice! (809)

Everlasting

Everything stays.
My reaction to this gym battle;
"Fletchling... lost !?!"
[IMG139]http://filb.de/content/anime/xy/006/484.jpg[/IMG139]

Ahah, anyway, very nice episode! I'll do my review later, though I think the interactions between Serena and Ash were amazing. Can't wait for next week!

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Oh well....pikachu got both wins. Let's just hope it doesn't.really.do much against grant, although that probably won't be for at least another 20-25 episodes.

SlimeStack

Great episode. I was actually expecting Ash to figure everything out during the training session, but I'm happy that they left room for him to strategize in the battle.

Pikachu getting both wins was fine by me. It's only the first gym and if things go my way he'll be out of focus until gym 8 and the Pokémon League.

I know it's only been 6 episodes but doesn't it seem like they're only using Pokémon when necessary, as opposed to giving the market-ably cute ones tons of screen time? It's a lot like AG in that regard. There isn't really anyone hogging any screen time in favour of merchandising like there is in other series. I mean, Dedenne didn't get any focus at all, he was just in the background being himself. He's not barging in like Axew and Piplup did.

p96822

Evolve me please
This is not what it look like.

[IMG139]http://filb.de/content/anime/xy/006/277.jpg[/IMG139]

Attachments

• 277.jpg
    277.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 5

naughtynun

This is complete ********. Seriously the writers favoritism is astounding, so not only did Pikachu steal a battle, but also got revenge, HAH, what a joke *rolls eyes*....

Hope the supporters are happy, their precious star they all defended did exactly what we all concluded he would do.

I am refusing to keep up with this anime for as long as the writers insist upon serving bowls of hot diarrhea like this pathetic episode. Pikachu winning twice is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable. Anyone that justifies these amateurs needs to really wake up and smell the fecal matter. They really do.

Seriously your whining is annoying.

It isn't half as annoying as either Pikachu viciously stealing the wins from other Pokemon (that it has not right to) or people like you with no sense making out the writers are not thoroughly incapable.

As long as people like you carry on watching the Anime, the writers don't have to change. I WILL NOT restart watching the anime (which I stopped watching during the wet fart that was BW) until it ceases to be 'The Pikachu Show'.
Pretty much one person and a bunch of one time posters who seem to appear and disappear as fast as they got here.

Pikachu has no reason and I mean NO reason to battle Vivillion. He got his revenge on Surskit which was all he should of got. Fletchling needed to get revenge on Vivillion, Pikachu had nothing to do with that battle and literally stole it for no reason other then hurr durr buy our Pikachu merch.

You are 100% right. I wouldn't buy Pikachu merchandise if someone paid me to.

Last edited:

diakyu

The way some of us act abut Pikachu winning makes it sound like we're at the end of the saga and Fletchling has had a worse run than Palpitoad. We've got 100+ episodes to go guys. Fletching and Froakie's time in the sun will come (not to mention Fletchling already got a gym win and Froakie has done a lot of fighting so far).

But Ash's reaction to Serena's question was about what I expected. Gotta milk that for the whole arc. The battle was also pretty neat and you've gotta love that group picture at the end.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
It isn't half as annoying as either Pikachu viciously stealing the wins from other Pokemon (that it has not right to) or people like you with no sense making out the writers are not thoroughly incapable.

It...has no right to?

Pikachu...has no right to win over fletchling?

No right?

I think you need to calm yourself and take a break from the anime.

I think the battle could have gone a bit better or longer in terms of attacks to be hit by, but overall the stragety was sound and it's not like the winning broke my suspenion of disbelief...

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I am refusing to keep up with this anime for as long as the writers insist upon serving bowls of hot diarrhea like this pathetic episode. Pikachu winning twice is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable. Anyone that justifies these amateurs needs to really wake up and smell the fecal matter. They really do.

As long as people like you carry on watching the Anime, the writers don't have to change. I WILL NOT restart watching the anime (which I stopped watching during the wet fart that was BW) until it ceases to be 'The Pikachu Show'.

You are 100% right. I wouldn't buy Pikachu merchandise if someone paid me to.

There's really little pikachu can do over the next two, maybe even three gyms, so let's see what happens until then. Now if pikachu just goes into grant's gym and rolls over both of those rock dinos without a scratch, then we have problem.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
There's really little pikachu can do over the next two, maybe even three gyms, so let's see what happens until then. Now if pikachu just goes into grant's gym and rolls over both of those rock dinos without a scratch, then we have problem.

I'll give you the second gym and 4th gym, but the third gym has an obligitory Lucario VS Pikachu match needed.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Another awesonme looking episode, had everything a good Pokemon anime episode needed, training scenes, Pokemon personalities and interactions, Human character moments, awesome battles, no TR stealing gym battle screentime. The only real downside was Fletchling losing, however considering it not only got a win last week but also received onscreen training its already almost outshined Unefezant, so I can't complain.
As I stated last week its refreshing to see Pokemon battles with strategies again, even if they are anime only ones such as freezing the field with Ice Beam.

Even if it is still early days I already really like the main cast, I thought i'd hate Bonnie however I think so far she's my favourite one. Even Ash feels refreshed and developed which is great considering how long his been on the show.

Finally if its true that Ash an Serena where once at camp together and we get more flashbacks I really hope we see a young Gary Oak a a later stage. But anyway's that for another thread.

Overall, another winning episode.

I'll give you the second gym and 4th gym, but the third gym has an obligitory Lucario VS Pikachu match needed.

Unless they follow the games and have get his own Lucario, so we get to see the Lucario vs. Mega Lucario battle.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

First, unless the anime strays from the game, korrina doesn't have lucario as part of her main team for the gym battle. Second, I don't see why it has to be obligitory when we just had the very last league battle be ash vs pikachu, and pikachu lost.

Pikachu could theoretically go up against hawlucha though.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Unless they follow the games and have get his own Lucario, so we get to see the Lucario vs. Mega Lucario battle.

And suddenly MegaPikachu is revealed to be a thing.

i like how the people who were complaining about pikachu being weak and losing are now complaining that he was strong and shouldnt have won, yes i agree he shouldnt have won against both pokemon buts its not like fletchling was treated badly it managed to hit vivillon and not blown away by gust and will probably star in the 3rd gym
and clemont is becoming my favorite male character i doubt hes going to surpass brock and gary but he will be one of my favorites this series

BlueDragonfangirl

i like how the people who were complaining about pikachu being weak and losing are now complaining that he was strong and shouldnt have won, yes i agree he shouldnt have won against both pokemon buts its not like fletchling was treated badly it managed to hit vivillon and not blown away by gust and will probably star in the 3rd gym
and clemont is becoming my favorite male character i doubt hes going to surpass brock and gary but he will be one of my favorites this series

Yah, Pikachu just can't win in the Pokemon fandom :(

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Can someone enlight me about the Serena-Ash relation?

What did they talk about?

The episode overall was solid. I'm not a fan of Pika beating both Pokes. But I like them giving Vivlion the needed attention and not let it seem weak and easy beatable.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Yah, Pikachu just can't win in the Pokemon fandom :(

It is largely a product of the writing and the anime in general. This is what you are going to get though when you have the same characters in a show for....well, forever basically. I think a lot of people are just kind of bored of seeing pikachu either way, since we have seen him a lot going back to the very first episode.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Can someone enlight me about the Serena-Ash relation?

What did they talk about?

The episode overall was solid. I'm not a fan of Pika beating both Pokes. But I like them giving Vivlion the needed attention and not let it seem weak and easy beatable.

They talked about Oak's Pokemon Camp when Serena tried to remind him who she is. Of course Ash cannot remember her. At the end of the episode as they leave the town, Ash asks what Serena is gonna do now, I think. I think the boy from Serena's memories really is Ash considering Ash talks the same way as the boy which gave Serena a flashback.