• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling on Thin Ice! (809)

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
So I'm supposed to believe.

That there's an Ash clone that has the same name as him, and went to the same "camp" as the real Ash and Serena?

Maybe it was ritchie or travis.

Rohanator

Oh also, anybody else pleased with all of the little things? Bonnie going to sleep and Clemont taking her to bed was completely irrelevant, but it's so nice to see that the writers are putting time into showing the friendship/relationships between all the characters, they all feel like real characters instead of robotic characters if that makes sense.

I'm really pleased. Great episode, I think i preferred the first battle (despite Ash losing) mainly due to the music and battle being more intense. This battle seemed like a rehash for the most part aside from Pikachu and Fletchling countering attacks. Not that i'm fussed, i did pay attention and a large amount of the battle was VERY different, good to see the writers are making the effort.

9/10.
Yeah, there was some really nice little things thrown around here. Bonnie getting sleepy like a little kid would and Clemont taking her to sleep like you said, and Froakie giving Fletchling a friendly punch were my favourite moments.
I'm not sure which battle I prefer, both were really good. It's not about the outcome, it's the execution. A battle where Ash doesn't even win can be just as good as the one, which he does.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
It was confirmed Ash went to the same camp as Serena. Omg, what more hints do you need for it to be confirmed that it really is Ash? Wow, you are really in denial, aren't you? -.-
Yeah, but nobody said the Ash we all know and love and the boy in Serena's memories are the same. Not a hint is I need, but a confirmation from Ash. You know, when the show actually reveals this plot point. I'm sorry, well not really, but I have been reading fiction with crazy plot twists as of late.

Also, I'm not really technically in denial, since there is still no confirmation to this matter. I am just merely cautiously pessimistic when it comes to romantic sub-plots.

So I'm supposed to believe.

That there's an Ash clone that has the same name as him, and went to the same "camp" as the real Ash and Serena?

I do not know what you're supposed to believe in. But many things can happen in the course of this show. One moment you prepared a kickass introduction episode for the regional evil team, the next moment you have a natural disaster and the plotline is completely obliterated.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Froakie hitting Fletchling was the best part. In history forever. I love Froakie's personality~

Sephora

yes I'm back
@ DaDOnYordel: The little Satoshi IS THE SAME Satoshi. If you think it's a clone, fine, whatever makes you sleep at night. I am not going to keep trying to convince you what is clearly there.

Anyway,
Overall, it was a brilliant episode as usual. Some of my favourite highlights:
- Satoshi & Serena's interactions. I am actually glad Satoshi didn't remember her right away as it makes it more realistic since he hadn't recognized her in the previous episode. Plus it will make for more memories and her trying to make him remember later on which will be very nice to see.
- Eureka was sleepy and Citron had to put her to bed (aw!). Like someone previously mentioned, it's the little things that count.
- Satoshi thought of using his Froakie for help with training Pikachu and Fletchling.
- The gym battle was wonderfully animated.
- Serena's memory of little Satoshi saying the same thing that older Satoshi had said.
- Ash's badge case. I just like the design :p And it looks smaller than when it was first given to him which is great (it appeared HUGE before)

Last edited:

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I definitely think Fletchling is a male, that's such a "bro" thing to do. xD

That is true, though I already thought he's male (mainly cuz' he looks male-ish to me, like how Jigglypuff looks female). However, in a way, it's a shame, cuz' I had hoped Froakie and Fletchling would be sorta rivals~

Rohanator

That is true, though I already thought he's male (mainly cuz' he looks male-ish to me, like how Jigglypuff looks female). However, in a way, it's a shame, cuz' I had hoped Froakie and Fletchling would be sorta rivals~
Yeah I always thought he was male anyway, only the voice was a bit iffy but that's probably me being dumb cause there's no way a Fletchling would have a manlier voice anyway.

RickHoenn

Banned

Seriously, why do you even watch something if you don't like it? You said the anime is "fecal matter" :rolleyes: you only do this to annoy, bother and ruin people's enjoyment, there's no other reason oh and of course:

thing didn't go the way YOU wanted = ****.

I'll never understand why someone would watch something they dislike/hate so much, it's sooo ridiculous imo.

RickHoenn

Banned
Absolutely brilliant yet again.

A shame fletchling didn't defeat Vivillion, but it was actually realistic. Just because he trained doesn't mean he's guaranteed a win. Just like last episode (and the rest for the matter) the animation, battle, tactics and music were incredible everything is just so appealing.

As expected Ash didn't remember Serena, but it does seem like he will eventually remember otherwise the whole point of him and Serena saying maybe he will remember would be completely pointless, I just hope the writers drag it out until the end of the saga.

Anyhow, brilliant. Loved the tactics in the battle very impressive and Clemonts machine blowing up actually did make me laugh. For a second i thought it was going to hit him in the face when he looked at it.

Oh also, anybody else pleased with all of the little things? Bonnie going to sleep and Clemont taking her to bed was completely irrelevant, but it's so nice to see that the writers are putting time into showing the friendship/relationships between all the characters, they all feel like real characters instead of robotic characters if that makes sense.

I'm really pleased. Great episode, I think i preferred the first battle (despite Ash losing) mainly due to the music and battle being more intense. This battle seemed like a rehash for the most part aside from Pikachu and Fletchling countering attacks. Not that i'm fussed, i did pay attention and a large amount of the battle was VERY different, good to see the writers are making the effort.

9/10.

You summed up my feelings, omg my post was going to be exactly like yours wow. XD I'm glad someone else notice the little, nice details XY is bringing, it's awesome. :)

The battle was great, compared to other 1st gym battles. I think it's on par with Falkner, Roxanne and Roark gyms. 10/10 The only 1st gym battle I didn't like was the Cilan & bros gym.

Last edited:

Rohanator

Anyone else get the feeling that Fletchling might've been given Steel Wing as preparation for the 2nd gym? I mean having a Steel attack doesn't give any real advantage against bugs and the move didn't really contribute anything in general. Maybe they thought they'd take advantage of this training session for a future battle instead of having Fletchling learn it later. Of course Ash catching something new before gym 2 is very possible as well and assuming they follow the games and make it 2 on 2 as well the new guy + Froakie would surely get used, especially considering next up is probably the Grass type.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'd say the rematch was good, but not the best first Gym we've seen. Roark and Falkner were better.

Froakie hitting Fletchling was the best part. In history forever. I love Froakie's personality~

Well it is very similar to Treecko's personality, and his was the most popular of Ash's Pokemon years back. I hope this means we can hope good things from its future.

On another note, Bonnie was really cute in this episode. lol.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

Yeah, there was some really nice little things thrown around here. Bonnie getting sleepy like a little kid would and Clemont taking her to sleep like you said, and Froakie giving Fletchling a friendly punch were my favourite moments.

Exactly it's so nice to watch a show with more depth, on top of that they're just nice things to see happen. Froakie's friendly punch was cool.

I'm not sure which battle I prefer, both were really good. It's not about the outcome, it's the execution. A battle where Ash doesn't even win can be just as good as the one, which he does.

Exactly.

People could argue with me but i genuinely don't feel Pikachu was reset, he genuinely lost because Surskit tactically beat him. Once Pikachu managed to stand his ground, he was clearly more stronger as his Electric attacks overpowered Surkskit and Vivillion at certain points.

You summed up my feelings, omg my post was going to be exactly like yours wow. XD I'm glad someone else notice the little, nice details XY is bringing, it's awesome. :)

Yeah i've seen your posts too it's good to see someone else appreciating this Series as much as me. I'm not trying to worship it on purpose, it's just so good i can't help it.

The battle was great, compared to other 1st gym battles. I think it's on par with Falkner, Roxanne and Roark gyms. 10/10 The only 1st gym battle I didn't like was the Cilan & bros gym.

Hmm, I liked Brocks due to him being really cool at first, Onix being fearsome and Pikachu simply training hard to win afterwards. Also, Falkners simply because Charizard vs Pidgeot.

naughtynun

Some of you people really need to calm down and re-evaluate your priorities. Are you solely watching the show to add points to your "wins of Ash's Pokemon other than Pikachu" count? I enjoyed Fletchling's battle even though it lost. It even got a new move. The episode was filled with great animation, character interactions(even between Froakie and Fletchling), intensity and emotion. Saying that this episode has no reason what so ever to be watched because Pikachu got two kills is disgusting.

Well I find Pikachu stealing wins as disgusting. What about that means I need to calm down? I DO NOT watch a programme to see the same character being forced down our throats when the consequence is that new characters are ignored. Hence why I don't currently watch the programme.

It's just super sad that all of the other cool things in an episode get completely ignored just because the kills in a battle didn't go exactly as hoped. Sure I usually want them to just get to the battle as well but I actually really enjoyed everything that came before it now. And the battle looked amazing, and had great intense moments and even a good bit of strategy. But nope, Pikachu got two wins, nothing else matters jacksh*t

Yep, the writers ruined the episode with one very poor decision that didn't need to have been made. Take the hint writers.

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
Wow, the negativity in here is really suffocating. If you don't like the XY series then why do you continuously keep watching it? The same people who were criticizing past episodes are doing it again now. It is really frustrating.
And calling it "disgusting" or "****" is so immature and ridiculous. Some people need to just step away from their computers and take a break. There is a difference between not enjoying the episode and full on hating. If you don't like something, don't continue to watch it, simple as that.

Personally, I found this episode to be very well done. I didn't mind the fact that Pikachu got two wins because the way it was executed made sense. Fletchling's loss was understandable imo.

naughtynun

Wow, the negativity in here is really suffocating. If you don't like the XY series then why do you continuously keep watching it? The same people who were criticizing past episodes are doing it again now. It is really frustrating.
And calling it "disgusting" or "****" is so immature and ridiculous. Some people need to just step away from their computers and take a break. There is a difference between not enjoying the episode and full on hating. If you don't like something, don't continue to watch it, simple as that.

Personally, I found this episode to be very well done. I didn't mind the fact that Pikachu got two wins because the way it was executed made sense. Fletchling's loss was understandable imo.

Read my post. I said that I do not watch the programme anymore.

Haunter ゴースト

Naughty Nun, you do realize that it was more realistic to have Fletchling lose and Pikachu win twice right?

It shows how even the hard training can't guarantee a win, and on top of that overall we do know that Pikachu has the strength to win if used right. If you play the games, i'm sure you'll of had times where one Pokemon dominates.

Rohanator

Well I find Pikachu stealing wins as disgusting. What about that means I need to calm down? I DO NOT watch a programme to see the same character being forced down our throats when the consequence is that new characters are ignored. Hence why I don't currently watch the programme.

Fletchling didn't get ignored though, he got training and had a nice battle even if it ended in defeat. He also got a win in the last battle where Pikachu got none.
Anyway, if you don't watch the show then...why are you here complaining about it? Js.