• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling team-Pokemon red

donkle

Here is my proposed team for end game battling...working towards all level 100 atm. Assume I can trade between games and have one of every TM(apart from the ones u can buy). Any suggestions or changes welcome. Thanks.

Exeggutor
Sleep Powder
Solarbeam
Explosion
Psychic

Alakazam
Psychic
Recover
Psybeam
Thunder Wave

Chansey
Minimize
Seismic Toss
Softboiled
Toxic

Starmie
Hydro Pump
Recover
Ice Beam
Thunder

Tauros
Body Slam
Hyperbeam
Earthquake
Double Team

Dragonite
Hyperbeam
Blizzard
Thunderbolt
Fireblast (May trade over to gold to get fly)

Last edited:

ToeyJoey

The Count
I like the general coverage of the team but there are a few things that I'd look at. As it's the first Pokemon on the list I'll start with Exeggutor: Overall I think it'll be very useful but Solarbeam always takes a move to charge and even with significantly less power Mega drain gives you some health back so I'd try that instead, Exeggutor isn't the fastest out of the blocks.
I'd also like to see Alakazam with Tri Attack rather than Psybeam, even with a tiny attack stat the different status conditions can do wonders from it.
Tauros doesn't seem to sit well with me on that team and I think I'd swap it for a Charizard:
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Body Slam
Double Team

Just some suggestions but I do like it overall.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I'd also like to see Alakazam with Tri Attack rather than Psybeam, even with a tiny attack stat the different status conditions can do wonders from it.

You wont see much, Tri Attack's chance of inflicting status conditions wasn't added until GSC.

Here is my proposed team for end game battling...working towards all level 100 atm. Assume I can trade between games and have one of every TM(apart from the ones u can buy). Any suggestions or changes welcome. Thanks.

Exeggutor
Sleep Powder
Solarbeam
Explosion
Psychic

I have to agree with ToeyJoey on Solar BEam, but unless you want to use a StunSleep combo, maybe just swap it out for a hard physical attack. Double Edge maybe? If it's going to explode at the end...

Alakazam
Psychic
Recover
Psybeam
Thunder Wave

You don't need Psybeam when you have Psychic. It's like having Bubble Beam when you have Surf. Seismic Toss all the way.

Chansey
Minimize
Seismic Toss
Softboiled
Toxic

Toxic is a bit of a waste. Chansey has awesome Special Attack to go with it's epic HP. Throw in a special attack. Something strong like Blizzard.

Starmie
Hydro Pump
Recover
Ice Beam
Thunder

Relying on Thunder AND Hydro Pump, both of which have less than great accuracy is a bit risky. Starmie can learn the next tier attacks of both elements, so if you want power, use either Thunder or Surf and keep the opposing stronger attack, but if you want reliability, then use both.

Tauros
Body Slam
Hyperbeam
Earthquake
Double Team

Loose Double Team for Blizzard and you've got a standard Tauros.

Dragonite
Hyperbeam
Blizzard
Thunderbolt
Fireblast (May trade over to gold to get fly)

Donb't bother with Fly, it's like Solar Beam. Charging and pointless. Give it Body Slam or soemthing, use it's attack on something other than just Hyper Beam.

donkle

Thanks for the advice...really good. Had a think..what do u reckon to these changes?

Exeggutor takes Mega Drain instead of solarbeam..general tactic will be sleep one/do some damage then use explosion later to take out another.

Alakazam takes seismic toss instead of psybeam..good idea thanks.

Chansey could take something else instead of blizzard...my thinking in taking toxic was to use chansey's high hp, healing and evasion abilities to toxic the enemy and sit tight resisting their attacks. What do u think?

Starmie i'll take surf and thunder

Tauros Blizzard for double team

Was thinking with dragonite i mite go for agility/thunder wave along with wrap, hyperbeam and thunderbolt. Then go for a raise my speed/lower the enemy's and wrap my way to victory..or weaken them enough with wrap to finish off with a hyperbeam. Again what do u think?

Thanks for the advice

ToeyJoey

The Count
Thanks for the correction on Tri Attack, that's the reason I'm trying to get back into the 1st Generation. I've forgotten too much of my Pokemon roots with all that Energy Ball and Lava Plume.