• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling the Bully! (726)

dman_dustin

The big double battle is here and Ash why are you looking up Scolipede AGAIN?!

Well it was because he was trying to dex Seismitoad but the Pokedex mistook Ash pointing at Scolipede instead of the Pokemon he wanted. So he had to listen to Scolipede's[/is lying]

I don't know why Ash constantly dexes Pokemon he's already seen (within only a 50-60), the only thing I can think of is, the writers believe that debuting the Pokemon so early and having it be dexed then, means that people will have forgotten the information of it.

I might be able to defend Ash's actions better if the dex entries were different, but the way they portrayed Ash in this episode, it was almost as if he'd never seen a Scolipede before.

Or the writers are forced to constantly use the Pokedex, because it saves money, since the dex footage probably would be less expensive than the actual animation.

See I can understand Ash dexing something like his own Pignite, because the dex does show you a Pokemon's moves, he obviously did this with Swadloon and Boldore (though for the later he somehow knew the Pokemon in advance), but I highly doubt the dex would show the opponent's moves so unless the dex entries were different, I can't really defend Ash's dexing the same Pokemon over.

As for this episode it was better than some but others were better than it.

I really hope Krokorok's rivalry with Pikachu is resolved. Krokorok needs to interact with other Pokemon. Also I noticed Krokorok's size was fairly inconsistent, in some scenes Krokorok looked like he was taller than Ash being around 6' maybe less (depending on how big Ash is), and other scenes Krokorok looked smaller than Ash. I know Krokorok isn't supposed to be 6' but according to the ending his tallest Pokemon is between [spoil] Leavanny and Unfezant[/spoil] Which is kind of sad.

I'll discuss the episode in detail, when I refresh my memory of what happened.

Last edited:

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
I bet today was the happiest day of Chomper's life, but it's nice to know that, even though we didn't see Krok he was still in the background, following them about.

gible_

Mr Fusion
I do hope I can get the chance to watch this soon! It's great to see Ash with a bigger team and a whole bunch of different Pokemon to use in his battles. I really love this series and it's inspired me to do an Ash run in B/W. Keep up the awesome work Pokemon!

I've only seen the pictures, but It looks like this episode had a lot of battles. I like those kind of episodes! It was cool to see Krokorok and Pikachu blast off, instead of just Krokorok. I also liked the backstory of it following Ash and Pikachu. Krokorok should have battled Klinklang! That would have been awesome.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Well it was because he was trying to dex Seismitoad but the Pokedex mistook Ash pointing at Scolipede instead of the Pokemon he wanted. So he had to listen to Scolipede's[/is lying]

I don't know why Ash constantly dexes Pokemon he's already seen (within only a 50-60), the only thing I can think of is, the writers believe that debuting the Pokemon so early and having it be dexed then, means that people will have forgotten the information of it.

I might be able to defend Ash's actions better if the dex entries were different, but the way they portrayed Ash in this episode, it was almost as if he'd never seen a Scolipede before.

Or the writers are forced to constantly use the Pokedex, because it saves money, since the dex footage probably would be less expensive than the actual animation.

See I can understand Ash dexing something like his own Pignite, because the dex does show you a Pokemon's moves, he obviously did this with Swadloon and Boldore (though for the later he somehow knew the Pokemon in advance), but I highly doubt the dex would show the opponent's moves so unless the dex entries were different, I can't really defend Ash's dexing the same Pokemon over.

As for this episode it was better than some but others were better than it.

I really hope Krokorok's rivalry with Pikachu is resolved. Krokorok needs to interact with other Pokemon. Also I noticed Krokorok's size was fairly inconsistent, in some scenes Krokorok looked like he was taller than Ash being around 6' maybe less (depending on how big Ash is), and other scenes Krokorok looked smaller than Ash. I know Krokorok isn't supposed to be 6' but according to the ending his tallest Pokemon is between [spoil] Leavanny and Unfezant[/spoil] Which is kind of sad.

I'll discuss the episode in detail, when I refresh my memory of what happened.

He's a typical idiot hero, of course he forgets that he dexed the giant centipede that he's seen 3 times already.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Judging by the photos: This was way too complicated just to have Krokorok captured, Seismitoad is all kinds of ugly, and the double battle sucked.

Edit: Watched it, and didn't really enjoy it.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Very good episode. The story was pretty enjoyable so far and the animation looked decent. Also, I did like how Ash is getting his AG/DP finale personality back.
Another strong point is giving Krokorok's deal a closure. Sure, there's still some stuff unexplainned with this whole rivalry towards Pikachu, yet I think it was nice that things were solved rather than putting the character in a bus that will never come back, like Jigglypuff (MIA since AG).
As for bad points, I think Krokorok jumping from the whole "Let's have Pikachu and me fight" to "I'll help you out" a bit too quickly. Seriously this apparent personality swift is as random as his appearences/reasonings in the show.

Anyway, the episode was solid and very entertainment IMHO.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
OMG!!!!!!! Loved this episode and finally the croc is caught!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I don't like is that Bite and Crunch look too alike but I'll get over it eventually lol.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Ash finally gets that damn Krokorok, now we can move on.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was great to finally see Gamageroge in an episode. Nick's two companions were definitely not very nice. The battle between Pandorr+Gamameroge and Pikachu+Waruvile was great. The new Drain Punch animation looked cool. Nick definitely was a novice, at first thought Pikachu was a Zekrom, couldn't remember Pikachu's attacks, and didn't know that Pikachu's Electric attacks won't work against Waruvile nor Gamgeroge who are both part Ground-Type Pokemon. It was great to see Ash finally catch the Waruvile. Waruvile definitely does not have any confidence still when it lost the glasses twice. Pikachu was very cute when he was trying to hint to Nick to have him use Iron tail attack.

78/100

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yo, finally able to post :D.

Saw the episode, I liked it, I kinda liked the "lesson for begining trainers" that Satoshi ended up giving the kids XD, he shows them a pokemon being caugth.

Krokorok had a lot of cute moments lol, I wasn't expecting but the thing was cute as heck in this episiode, I really like the high fiving with Pikachu.

As for the battles I was kinda expecting more but I guess with the kids, not knowing how to battle, etc it ended up making sense.

Dent was actually the one that said before the battle happens, he would be the one to decide when it ended, that is why the pokemons weren't koed, he didn't let the kids go all out and actually finishing the battle and hurt the pokemons.

I liked how it was captured, it was how I saw/wrote it, I said it wouldn't make sense for Pikachu to finally beat it and Satoshi not capturing it :D and it happened that way, no I'm not bantering I'm just happy that what I said came true, not the capture but how it was captured.

Its so weird Satoshi is just 10 lol, I agree with (T.R.O.L.L.) I kinda feel he is like a 15 y old here teaching 10y olds how to battle, I guess the kids were like 6 or 7, lol they really could have aged him atleast to 12 after all this years.

Last edited:

Jnmisty

When Ash stopped Glenn from punching Nick, it seems that Ash went into a mature mood, went into the legend mode, or went into a Brockesque mode. When you think about it, Ash taught Nick about Pokemon battles, Pikachu's other moves, and type effectiveness, it was like Ash remembers the various experiences on his other journeys or what Brock has taught him.

Janovy

Banned
Things I liked:

- Ash being mature and a tutor.
- Krokorok getting caught.

Things I disliked:

- Everything else.

This episode sucked.

Haunter ゴースト

Really fun episode and probably one of my favourites.

Krokorok is such an awesome character im glad Ash has finally caught it.

The fact Ash was the mature character teaching the kids this episode was pretty awesome aswell, good to see he was using tactics against Krokorok having Pikachu trip him up with thunderbolt too.

Great episode.

70/100.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
I liked Krokorok better when he didn't have his glasses on, every time he had it on (most of the time) it annoyed me.

I didn't like the episode, it was a boring capture episode. Not the worst since Pidove's was horrible, but there was nothing interesting about it. I guess what I did like was seeing Seismitoad but the tag battle was too short.

Grey Wind

It was... all right.

I'm glad Krokorok was caught and all, but the episode was sort of dull. The double battle was far, far too short. Seismitoad did look quite nice however. There were way too many Pikachu vs. Krokorok battles in my opinion. Seeing them do the same thing to each other over and over just got boring. One of the worst capture episode.

Iblistech

Simply Fabulous
I was really glad that Ash finally captured Krokorok in this episode. I couldn't help but feel bad for it after it was defeated by Pikachu shortly after Nick's battle with Thane and Glenn. I also liked how Ash stepped in when Glenn was about to punch Nick. It was nice to see Ash act mature this time around.

Overall, this definitely has to be one of my favorite BW episodes, alongside A Sandile Gusher of Change!, Here Comes the Trubbish Squad!, and Dancing With the Ducklett Trio!.

Last edited:

jrizza88

Meteorite
For me I was baffled at seeing Tepig to apparently be on Pikachu's level when they battled. I'm like really? Pikachu's quick attack should have sent Tepig flying ahha

gliscor&yanmega

For me I was baffled at seeing Tepig to apparently be on Pikachu's level when they battled. I'm like really? Pikachu's quick attack should have sent Tepig flying ahha

I believe they were training so it's not like they would use full power to potentially hurt one another. Plus Tepig is strong.