• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling The Enemy Within! (454)

Ash4Lyf

Fire Trainer
omfg i luv this ep so much XD
when i first saw this properly [the actual first time was when i was getting ready before school and the first thing i saw was evil ash talking to the others after being possessed before he used his aura thingy to get their pokeballs] i killed myself cheering for an actual evil ep unlike the others like 'The Scuffle of the Legends' or something like that.

good points
-ash possessed X3
-an adult actually strict enough to yell their head of at ash
-sceptile hiding behind the ref
-the fact that his pokemon know that it isnt him from the way he battles
-ash being called a coward X3
-ash being dumb enough that he thinks he can actually fight a ho-oh
-ash getting powers
-ho-oh appearing at end of ep

bad points
-ashs arrogance
-team rockets parts [only cause it sorta ruins the whole evil thing they got going there
-king of pokelantis being a total jerk to ash, sceptile, pikachu... well, just about EVERYONE
-way after the ep[so far] they dont make any reference to him being possessed or having a little bit of the king left in him[which would make a great ep, possibly a two parta]
-ep not being a two parta

my score - 10 X3

Purin

This is one of my all time favorite episodes. Seeing Ash being possessed by the spirit of an evil king was pretty awesome. I just wish that it could have lasted for more than one episode and also Satoshi's voice should have been kept during possession... hearing Rica put on an evil voice would have been way more interesting than some random guy voicing the King instead. (Of course, when it comes to the dub, opinions may differ...)

Still, I love this episode!

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Ehehe... I really loved this episode :D Evil!Ash was the best thing ever. I was literally hiding behind a pillow. That evil laugh was great, but also terrifying.

Plenty of great strategy from the Evil King, I'd say. "Aim for Regirock's legs." Some would call that a cheap shot, I think it's brilliant. Pokémon is all about honing your skills, so attacking the opponent's weak spot is a great idea... at least to me. And lol, "get behind the referee!" Some dodgy language there ;D

I loved this episode! Loved it!!

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
wow i saw this episode for the first time a few days ago, and i loved it ^_^ i was loling at the 'That little Ho-Ho's worth alot of dough-oh!' and the strictness of Brandon and all his NOOOOO!'s :D
i think possessed ash should have won so then it could have been an awesome two parter, where the king could steal regirock then use it to steal more away from their trainers and then a final battle should have taken place with the rest of Brandons pokemon-3 on 3 maybe?

9.5/10 certaintly one of my favourites :)

Torpoleon

If Ash didn't go nosing around other peoples pyramids and didn't get the king of Pokelantis inside of him he might have won. Awesom! A Ho-oh, haven't seen one of them in a long time! But this was a great episode. How would Pikachu help against Regirock? The King of Pokelantis is kind of dumb.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i never understanded those regi's to be honest, meh, anyway it was a good episode too bad he didn't get the symbol.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
A pretty interesting episode to watch indeed, and I loved to see Ho-Oh again that wasnt on a finale episode. Man, will Ash ever learn?

katfairy

While I admit Ash wasn't too bright, running off and grabbing stuff like that (doesn't he watch Stargate:SG1?), Mr. I-Am-A-Frontier-Brain-So-I-Know-More-Than-You-Ever-Will rather annoyed me. He struck me as being more arrogant than Ash at his worst, and seemed to be going out of his way to push Ash's buttons. If someone treated me the way that guy treated Ash, I'd probably have reacted the same way, only with a few caustic remarks added for good measure, because people that arrogant usually can't teach anything worth learning except as an object lesson to not be That Guy.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
This was a good episode even though Ash lost.

I felt sorry for Sceptile, it didn't want to battle the way it was being told to, but at the same time it didn't want to disobey Ash.

catzeye

Writer's Block
This has to be one of the best episodes in the HISTORY of pokemon.

Good Points

Ash gets possessed: It's about time something happens to him. I love him he is a fave of mine but for the most part he stays relatively unharmed. He's the one always saving others. It was time for someone to rescue him.

Ho-oh: You can't really go wrong with having Ho-oh in an episode like that. It is almost as if it appeared just to mock the king's spirit saying "Nanana Boo-boo, you can't catch me!"

Sceptile vs. Regirock: A nice fight to get Sceptile back on track. Sure it lost but this had to be one of the most interesting battles I've ever seen from Pokemon.

Hiding behind a referee: Pure evil genius! It was about time the writers came up with a villain that showed sociopathic traits. We don't get to see anything like that afterwards until Hunter J.

Team Rocket not interacting with "twerps": It showed how they can get into trouble without having to bother Ash and his friends. Plus this allowed the writers to not use TR as a easy plot device to solve the evil spirit problem. It would be too easy just to have TR blow up and have Ash get knocked senseless. Ash being out cold would force the spirit out.

Bad Points

Possessed Ash only being for 1 episode: They had Pikachu possessed for 2 episodes. It would've given a little background to why Pokelantis fell, and allowed more people to feel the wrath of a clearly ticked off thousand-year old spirit.

Everyone seeing Ho-oh: It was supposed to be an Ash-only thing. Now it's not. Sad...

There are very little complaints with this episode. Granted I don't complain much about Pokemon anyways. Like I said earlier one of the best episodes ever. I give this 10/10. The bad points are just too small to deduct much from this episode's rating.

milenadrg

I liked episode, it was really funny, especially when TR was attacked buy a Pidgey and Hoot-hoot... Brandon was really cool, too...
I liked the fact we saw Ho-oh again... :)

Torpoleon

If Ash wasn't being possesed, he most likely would have won. This is because he was using a Sceptile against a Regirock. Sceptile has the advantage, but it lost to the killer Lock-On-Hyper Beam Combo.