• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling The Enemy Within! (454)

Shadow XD001

Ash got possesed by the King of Pokelantis because he was snooping around in someone's "house." Ash probably would have won, or lost either way with Lock on and Hyper Beam, so it doesn't really matter.

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
I loved the part:

Battle Judge: "The challenger Ash of Pallet town will Pelase come forward!"
Possesed Ash: "Never, I am the ruler of this world and the King of Poke-lantis.
Pikachu: (looks upset) Pika...?
Battle Judge: (looks confused) " Uh, ok?!" (then continues to speak)

This is definitely my favorite dialog up to this point in the anime.

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan
This is an awesome episode. Poor Pikachu had no idea what to do, the possessed Ash said not to Thundershock him, the real Ash (he came back for like 10 seconds) said to shock him to get him back, and May, Brock and Max were preventing that. Poor Pikachu!

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan
This is an awesome episode. Poor Pikachu had no idea what to do, the possessed Ash said not to Thundershock him, the real Ash (he came back for like 10 seconds) said to shock him to get him back, and May, Brock and Max were preventing that. Poor Pikachu!

Possessed Ash was pr

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan

Possessed Ash was pr

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan

Possessed Ash was pr

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan

Possessed Ash was pr

catzisconfus

something unnatural happened in this episode, it is not really something for pokemon to do this but the fact that this is rare for pokemon made this episode better than usual. it was something different for a change.
also, the appearance of a legendary pokemon is always exciting ^^

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've always wanted to see Ash's darker side in the anime, and we got to see it in this episode, which was pretty awesome. It was a nice twist, seeing him all possesed by an evil King since it reminded me of that older Kanto episode about the cursed ancient artifacts. Apart from that I enjoyed Brandon and Regirock, though I was disappointed that Ash's Sceptile easily lost to Regirock. Nice to see the writers remember Ho-Oh as seen at the end. 7/10.

Last edited:

eryyy

Ace Trainer
I loved this episode!
Without a doubt, this is the best episode from the whole Battle Frontier season and the whole season was really good.
I always wanted to see a darker side of Ash. This episode rocks.
9.5/10

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I love this episode too since it's pretty cool and odd, it was interesting to see Ash possessed from the King of Atlantis. They sholuld really do more episodes like that where we see the character's darker side. Brock/Dawn's dark side anyone? (Or if they bring Misty/May/Max and make them possessed), anyways good episode Possessed Ash was quite ruthless ordering to attack the ref with Sceptile.

I could have sworn I made a post in here already

saar

Shiny Flygon
If Sceptile was more relaxed, I think Brandon's Regirock would have been defeated, Ash was not guilty about it.

The fight wasn't the best part in the episode since it wasn't so good, I have loved that Brandon told friends about the legend of Ho-oh. Besides, I love legends stories. It's epic to hear about these things.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I liked this episode but it would have been alot better if a few things happened.

1. If Brandon's voice wasn't so hard.

2. If the possesed spirit inside Ash was a more better battler than I would have respected it better.

3. Ash has never been called a coward. Arrogant yes but not that. Ash is always protecting and saving people and Pokemon. Brandon needed to know that. Plus his friends are no angles neither doing the same crap.

Another thing is that Brock seemed to forget that when Ash was battling him for the boulder badge, Ash told Pikachu to shock it when the sprinklers went off. But as soon as he saw Skeptile doing almost the same dirty trick to Regirock then he says something. But back then, he gave Ash credit. Hmm.

Last edited:

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Why doesn't Ash use strategies like the king of Pokelantis did? Sceptile aiming for Regirock's legs.... and usin bullet seed at the ceiling

Wow, and I thought possessed Meowth some episodes back was creepy...

I had a feeling Ash wouldn't get his seventh Frontier Symbol already. I've seen the episodes "Aipom & Circumstance" and "Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight" before this and, if I remember correctly, there's some dialogue in it (either by Ash or the narrator, can't remember who says it) that mentions Ash's seventh/final frontier battle "coming up soon".

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok and scary... Ash was acting as 1 evil dude in this episode, wow. It was cool to see Regirock in this episode. Ash definitely learned valuable lessons in this episode. It was great how Ash was able to break the trance all by himself by having Pikachu attack himself. Ash was definitely careless which definitely led to him being possessed.

40/100