• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling The Enemy Within! (454)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Judai Yuki said:
Did Ash order Sceptile to attack the ref?
No he ordered Sceptile to use the ref as a human shield.

Frak beaten to it.

For those complaining about the male voice, it goes back to the fact this is a Star Gate ripoff. Ra in no way shape or form sounded like a young boy like his body suggested. So, to remain consistant with the ripoff they did the same with Ash.

Last edited:

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
I've only looked at the Episode Pictures on the main site but the Pyramid taking off like that was extremely Stargate-esque.

Did the writers intend for everyone to know this was episode to be a Stargate rip-off or was it supposed to be secret?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Big Al said:
No he ordered Sceptile to use the ref as a human shield.

Frak beaten to it.

For those complaining about the male voice, it goes back to the fact this is a Star Gate ripoff. Ra in no way shape or form sounded like a young boy like his body suggested. So, to remain consistant with the ripoff they did the same with Ash.
Sorry but your analogy is flawed

The Evil King that possessed Ash was using Ash's Voice
Ra's Voice was the kid's voice but altered

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Serebii said:
Sorry but your analogy is flawed

The Evil King that possessed Ash was using Ash's Voice
Ra's Voice was the kid's voice but altered
And who's to say they didn't alter Ash's VA's voice in order to create the evil king? You'd be amazed at how much you can distort a voice.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Serebii said:
Because it was credited as a different VA :p
Though we are talking about a weekly half hour anime show vs. a Hollywood full length feature film. They may not have the tech to do the voice altering like in Star Gate. But I'm just saying that's the kind of atmosphere they wanted to create with BakurAsh as someone called him.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Serebii said:
Im also referencing a weekly 20 episode-per-season 60 minute TV Show that has been going on for 10 years...for the record :p
But still, Star Gate and SG-1 altered the voices. The people at Pokemon brought in a guest VA. Also, in Star Gate they periodically found people who needed their voices altered. This was a one time deal in Pokemon.

SG-1 rocks btw.

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Everything has a bigger budget then Pokemon, yet some of the bigger budgets rely too much on using money then the show's quality.

And darn, no Yami Bakura voice for Ash.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Pokemon *could* have a bigger budget though, it's not as if Nintendo can't spare some extra dough for some better animation.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I think the animation is better then most american shows though (Coconut Fred, Johnny Test).

BTW, the anime sure has been giving us alot of first series references, kinda cool I must say. Ho-oh, flashback with Ash getting Pikachu, Brock's family, Delibird, B&C, Nanba, Grunts, ect.

Poke_Freak

<------ XD001!!! XP
oh no! ash has gone evil! *hides in corner*

so does he get to battle brandon again? or does he need to find the pyramid again first?

SuperShadow

DriveshafT said:
I've only looked at the Episode Pictures on the main site but the Pyramid taking off like that was extremely Stargate-esque.

Did the writers intend for everyone to know this was episode to be a Stargate rip-off or was it supposed to be secret?

It was Stargate and Stargate SG1 ripoff with the battle pyramid flying. I saw the pics. and aeeing Ho-oh was nice and it leads me to believe that D/P realease is permanant, THIS IS JUST A THEORY though. But how do we now they even know what Stargate actually is, seeing how a feature movie lasts 6 months but then again there's 2 Stargate series, the first 1 being around 10 years and and the next one entering season 3. I'm surprised how nobody mentioned Pokelantis and Stargate/Sg1/ Atlantis deal seeing how I'm a fan and can make strange connections there seems to be another weierd Rip off.

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
Repost from BMGf because I'm lazy like that:

I'm not sure about this one, but after Satoshi tachi fell down through the ground to the underground ruins, and Satoshi decides to look around, did he just use Haruka's phrase "Kamo" thing much to Haruka's annoyance?

It seriously sounded like that. :/

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
First of all, curse my computer for taking 20 hours to get each episode. Just finished watching it. I personally thought this was one of the best episodes in the series' entirety. Evil Ash ordering Sceptile to use the ref as a human shield was hysterical. Speaking of the referee, I thought he was one of the most well-designed side characters we've seen. It was a unique design.

For an episode not directed by Iwane, the animation was pretty damn good. Many times throughout this saga, the CG has become either unnecessary or unimpressive. I thought it was used very effectively throughout this entire episode, however. I can't say I was too fond of the BGM, though. It was definitely different, and I guess it was supposed to set the ancient pyramid and eerie possession theme, but the opera house parts became a little too distracting.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I find CG to be tacky in anime. What's more, Pokemon got REAL CG-happy back around late Hoenn/early BF, changing attacks so as to mooch off of the CG wave, making it not as unique as it could have been. And nowadays, it isn't all that unique to begin with. It would be best if the Pokemon crew stayed away from it, but that's obviously not going to happen in the long run.

Anyhoo! Their attempts at prolonging the Battle Frontier life is cheap, though workable. An occurance like the Pyramid as of now might have ended with Ash getting the symbol back in the beginning of the series with the attitude they had back then. I'm glad to see that this isn't case here. While we slowly wait for giant Slakings and festivals of grandness to pass by, I can't help but wonder if Brandon will learn to not be such a hard-*** in the future.

For the sake of my interest, I hope that doesn't come to be!

Rizardon

Boulder Trainer
I didnt expect Evil Ash' voice to be so heavy.
Also, i wish i knew what they were saying about Ho-oh
and during the match....
Ahh well, i wonder when Ash will battle Brandon again
and if they,ll use the same Pokemon.

P.S: Seems like the next episode will be sort of a King Kong one, Slaking capturing May. :D

Last edited:

♥Hana.Hikari♥

Beginning Trainer
This is one of the episodes that I will ceratinly love for a while. The whole evil and possesed Satoshi is a great relief for me, as I thought it will never happen, in this arc anyway. I agree that the voice was a little heavy, but other than that, I liked it. YamiSatoshi ordering Junkai to hide behind the referee as a shield was a pivotal and hilarious moment for me. I hope after the GF, that the real battle with Jindai will be epic, as it is the last of the Frontier Brains and all.

The only letdown that I felt was everyone seeign Ho-oh. That ticked me off. I grew up with the sentiment, that Ho-oh is like a meaningful symbolism that bonds with Satoshi's journey, and Satoshi himself. A remembreance of how it all started, how he got Pikachu to like him, etc. Even in later episodes it was like a pokemon that Satoshi could only see, that he's made for greatness, especially in Johto when it said along the lines that Ho-oh only shows itself to worthy trainers. It contributed to Satohsi's dream. This episode blew that away, and now Ho-oh, at least to me, doesn't feel special at all anymore. Just another legendary.

Oh well.

Last edited: