• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling The Enemy Within! (454)

Medea

Excalibur
Okay, saw the episode a couple of hours ago and for the most part, there is a part of me that is very happy that Ash lost. And even though I'm not too fond of any of the Regis, it was pretty cool to see Regirock (as long as it's only one of them). And oh yes, evil Ash...

0_O

...When I heard his voice, that's kind of how I looked.

B

BrokenDreams

From all the talk about Ho-oh when I look at the pictures I think that only Ash seem to notice Ho-oh, I mean there was no surprise look like Oh My Gosh its Ho-oh. Plus, if everyone saw, that spoils everything seriously. Well done writers, well done.

Kabuto

little punks!
This seems good.

- The pyramid was the final challenge after all. Maybe this'll give us a chance to see the other two Regi's in action.

- Ash possessed wasn't just a plot filler after all. It actually introduced a new way of battling after all (I laughed that he told Sceptile to hide behind the referee). Too bad Oni-Ash didn't have the pull a strategy at the last second that Ash has. Still Sceptile vs. Regirock was a good fight.

- Ho-oh reappeared! That was a surprise, but the bigger shock is that Ash wasn't alone when he saw it this time. Too bad though, because May should not have pointed it out or even seen it along with the rest of the group because I'll always think of Ash being the only one worthy.

- Can't wait for the rematch. Too bad Ash has only one opponent like the Orange league.

Last edited:

Crystal Clair

This episode was kickarse! Evil Ash was hot! And this comes from a girl who thinks all Ash fan girls are crazy.
That referee was cute! *_*
just one question, when Jessie usually refers to Ash, she says something that sounds like either "Jolly boy" or "Charlie boy"
Could someone please explain that to me? o_O

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
"Jari-boy". Don't know what the translation for "jari" is, exactly, but #Pocketmonsters seems to have it as "Brat-boy". It's said all the time in the English version as "twerp".

Rancid Meat said:
- Can't wait for the rematch. Too bad Ash has only one opponent like the Orange league.

There is no evidence, as of yet, that this is the final challenge.

Irene said:
Jindai and his nameless (?) assistent

His name is "Soutarou". I can tell because he's listed in the credits.

Serebii said:
Because it was credited as a different VA :p

Actually, I didn't see the Pokelantis king's name anywhere in the credits. Let's see, Jindai, Soutarou, Enishida, Narration, Casting.... nope, don't see the Pokelantis king anywhere. Either 1) They altered Rika's voice for those possession scenes (or Rika really strained her throat for this episode), 2) Soutarou is actually the name of the king (but somehow, I don't see the kind of an ancient Pokemon civilization whose name parodizes Atlantis as having some common, Japanese name), or 3) The voice of the king is uncreditted (the most likely scenario).

Almighty Zard said:
If i get berated for saying this i don't care but, this is only the fifth time Sceptile has been used since it evolved, did you really think it was going to waltz in and pound Regirock easily.

You act as if Jukain is some newborn. It may've gained its form recently, but never forget that he trained a lot since Satoshi got him.

Chatsy said:
Repost from BMGf because I'm lazy like that:

I'm not sure about this one, but after Satoshi tachi fell down through the ground to the underground ruins, and Satoshi decides to look around, did he just use Haruka's phrase "Kamo" thing much to Haruka's annoyance?

It seriously sounded like that. :/

Yes, it's true. I watched it again and Satoshi used "kamo" at the end of his sentence "Satoshi kankentai shuppatsu kamo!" (Satoshi exploration team, head out!). Haruka replies with "Mou! Watashi no mane nanka shinai de yo!" (Geez! Don't copy me!)

While I was watching it again, I noticed another thing. When Satoshi managed to ward off the spirit momentarily, it was because Jindai called him a coward for trying to take out Regirock with the collapsing ceiling. Satoshi came out of the trance to deny it, but then the spirit took control again, saying that cheating doesn't matter so long as he wins.

Last edited:

Geodude

Yamato-san said:
Yes, it's true. I watched it again and Satoshi used "kamo" at the end of his sentence "Satoshi kankentai shuppatsu kamo!" (Satoshi exploration team, head out!). Haruka replies with "Mou! Watashi no mane nanka shinai de yo!" (Geez! Don't copy me!)
Heh, I thought he was saying something like that, but wasn't completely sure till now. That's hilarious, he mimicked two of May's quirks.

Irene

Rather bizarre
Yamato-san said:
His name is "Soutarou". I can tell because he's listed in the credits.*

Thanks for the info Yamato-san!

*may be a little OT, but were all the referees named in the previous Brains episodes? I only know that the Factory one was named Sugio

EDIT: nevermind. I just found out that Bulbapedia has the names and seiyuu listed when available.

Last edited:

Darkstorm16

Every single time Ash has seen Ho-oh makes me believe now, is Ash really destined to capture Ho-oh? I mean chances are just becuase they are legendary, doesn't mean there is only one. Look at Regirock, there's the one in the movie and the one Brandon owns. So maybe there could be 13 Ho-oh's. The only reason why they are legendary is becuase of their strengths really. So maybe including Ho-oh with Ash might say that Ash might one day capture that Ho-oh.

skarmachild

Cheer up.
Darkstorm16 said:
Every single time Ash has seen Ho-oh makes me believe now, is Ash really destined to capture Ho-oh? I mean chances are just becuase they are legendary, doesn't mean there is only one. Look at Regirock, there's the one in the movie and the one Brandon owns. So maybe there could be 13 Ho-oh's. The only reason why they are legendary is becuase of their strengths really. So maybe including Ho-oh with Ash might say that Ash might one day capture that Ho-oh.

Of course there isn't only 1 of the legendaries. Lugia? More than one. Articuno/Dos/Tres, theres more than one. Mewtwo is an exception because it wasn't properly born as a Pokémon, some freak of nature.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Of course there isn't only 1 of the legendaries. Lugia? More than one. Articuno/Dos/Tres, theres more than one. Mewtwo is an exception because it wasn't properly born as a Pokémon, some freak of nature.
I dont know. Ho-oh maybe. They treat it like this god. They also always when talking about it refer to it as only one existing. Remember with the Johto episodes dealing about it they always talked about one ho-oh disappearing and that the Ho-oh would return.
Also there is only one set of Suicune/raikou/entei because Ho-oh reincarnated their pokemon form into a legendary pokemon.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Yamato-san said:
You act as if Jukain is some newborn. It may've gained its form recently, but never forget that he trained a lot since Satoshi got him.

No i don't think that, it battled quite well and possibly could've won, if it used
Solarbeam. In a battle against a legendary you gotta throw you're most powerful attacks in there if you wanna win.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
When Satoshi asked for a rematch, and Soutarou said they were ready to take off, I think Jindai said something to the effect of "Sorry, but I have different ruins to explore." No specific ruins were mentioned.

Geodude said:
Yeah, if Ash wasn't possessed, I'd say Sceptile would've won.

the possession could've played a part, but you'd also have to remember that Satoshi never had prior experience with Lock-on, and as we've seen, Regirock's Hyper Beam proved to be a one-hit kill on Jukain. During the rematch (or some training episode beforehand), Satoshi will likely remember Lock-on and devise some sort of counter strategy for it. Don't mean to sound like I'm contradicting myself from earlier, but I was just telling Almighty Zard back there that Jukain is highly experienced despite being newly evolved. If it wasn't for the Lock-on/possession, he sure as hell could've just waltzed in there and pounded the legendary (hell, underhanded tactics aside, he put up a damn good fight. Before Jukain used Soutarou as a shield, Regirock was doing nothing but defending, and within no time, enduring Leaf Blade started to put a strain on its body).

Last edited:

Sunain

Pokemon Master
Yamato-san said:
Satoshi will likely remember Lock-on and devise some sort of counter strategy for it.

Yeah like hide behind Regirock instead of the judge this time. Heh. That way the lockon wouldnt work.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
So did Ash win or not

hIrAm

RedJirachi said:
So did Ash win or not
No, he lost. There will be a few filler episodes, then he'll ahve a re-match. I think the Grand Festival for May is in between his next battle aswell.

Akane

Wow...this was a great episode! I loved it! Even when Satoshi turned evil. XD But I still can't believe that The Evil King will do that to him. And boy Satoshi wasn't the same. And when he battled against Brandon...it wasn't him at all. He doesn't battle like that. Maybe I am kinda of glad that he lost because then the evil king probably wouldn't have left. Satoshi will probably will be evil forever. But I am so glad that Satoshi took over and kicked that evil king out. =D Still though, it was a nice change that he became evil. XD Loved his laugh.