• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling the Generation Gap! (563)

Until MEGAYanma learns some more attacks (Hopefully something Psychic) it isn't that good an appeal Pokemon.

But good to see Hikari win another contest without Hitlup. It would have been better to use Pachi but Ambipom is good too. The battle was very good and well animated and it didn't have the Symphonic Melody in the background! Almost the definition of WIN.

Geodude

Jessie's constantly using the flying trick. It's not anything new and she has really worn it out. Her style is too repetitive; there really should be variation and variety in the kinds of appeals or she'll never get past the first round ever again.
That's the thing. She knows now that she won that past contest on skill alone, without help from James and Meowth, so now she's overconfident. That's been a running subplot.

uber gon

Accept Change
That's the thing. She knows now that she won that past contest on skill alone, without help from James and Meowth, so now she's overconfident. That's been a running subplot.

Wonder if she'll ever snap out of it? Probably not.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
It was a great episode! I wish Jessie would stop using the flying trick and use something else!

TeddiUrsa

It was an enjoyable battle but some things bothered me. When Amipom knocks Delcatty to the ground, Delcatty almost lost half its points, (brings back memories of Skitty depleting half of Dusclops points in the same manner), and then toward the end Dawn had way less points than Yuri, but that last Swift attack managed to take out all the rest of Yuri's points?

I realize complaining about the point meter is useless since most Contests are like this, but with Ambipom taking so much damage and Delcatty only getting hit a few times, its rather hard to believe.

I felt the same. The writers maybe could make the point meter make a LITTLE more plausible. Ambidiffel was either asleep or stunned because of attract for a few minutes during the battle but she didn´t loose much points out of it. at least in comparssion to Yuri´s point loss when Ambidiffel countered her Enekoro. but...meh...that´s a problem that should be minor I think..it still bothers me.

After finally watching Wall-e this weekend ( damn you, Disney...why did Germany have to wait for SO long?!) I was kinda spoiled by its awesomeness so that this contest felt kinda lackluster right after watching robots in space...but having rewatched the episode again today I really enjoyed it. of course I m too late to bring anything new to the table...but...damn, Yuri was a nice character, Jessie and Megayanma are awesome, Brock and Ash should always wear clothes like in the end and Ambidiffel is the epitome of cuteness.

Oh, yeah...I really liked how substitute was shown in the anime. Reminded me of some early DragonBall battles ( when everything was cool and Son Goku was still 15). I hope somebody of the main characters teaches this attack to one of their pokemon. I think it is a perfect move for Ambi.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I felt the same. The writers maybe could make the point meter make a LITTLE more plausible. Ambidiffel was either asleep or stunned because of attract for a few minutes during the battle but she didn´t loose much points out of it. at least in comparssion to Yuri´s point loss when Ambidiffel countered her Enekoro. but...meh...that´s a problem that should be minor I think..it still bothers me.

Yeah, but as said, the point bar has always been skewed toward the main characters. I realize the battle was rushed because it was only a 1 ep Contest, and this tended to be a problem in a few of May's like the Skitty Vs. Dusclops one and the Brock Contest, where the point bar was terrible and ruined those battles.

Anyway it was still a good episode. This is why people like 1-shot rivals, they're entertaining. Let's see less of Zoey and more one-shot coordinators like this.

dman_dustin

There was nothing wrong with the point bar.

Comparing to the giant diamond Swift and Cute Charm and Sing that Yuri did, I don't see why there is any problems with the point bar. Yuri's strategy mostly depends on not being actually hit by the Pokemon. Well with that amazing swift countering substitute has got to impress the judges very much considering Yuri's strategy.

I don't remember any complaining about the point bar when Ash use Ice Aqua Jet on Kyle's Lanturn) and how Kyle lost even more points than Yuri did). It basically has the same kind of appeal.

TeddiUrsa

There was nothing wrong with the point bar.

Comparing to the giant diamond Swift and Cute Charm and Sing that Yuri did, I don't see why there is any problems with the point bar. Yuri's strategy mostly depends on not being actually hit by the Pokemon. Well with that amazing swift countering substitute has got to impress the judges very much considering Yuri's strategy.

I don't remember any complaining about the point bar when Ash use Ice Aqua Jet on Kyle's Lanturn) and how Kyle lost even more points than Yuri did). It basically has the same kind of appeal.

My gripe with the point bar in this episode was that it clearly favored Hikari over Yuri. When Ambipom was asleep (!) and hit in a stylish way of it being all windmill like, Hikari only lost a little less than 1/8 of her points.
When Ambipom hit Delcatty with double attack during it was attracted Yuri lost more points than Hikari did before.
The ending was kinda close with the points, but it wouldn´t have been if Hikari would have lost the points she deserved for having a Pokemon asleep and slapped around for a good time of the contest.

But complaining about the point bas IS kinda nitpicking and I now that, and any discussion about it is tedious because of that...but it still bothered me when I watched the episode ^^"

Haruka got a lot hate and almost every victory of Hikari is approved by the fans...but when you think about it...I still don´t like the battle against Kengo that much and Haruka lost because the writers made her newbe-stupid in her battle... but I might be just in a mad mood today, who knows? :p

pokefan16

umm.... question i cant figure it out what delcatty use always is it charge beam or thunderbolt or thundeshock. i look into DPPt pokedex and only chargebeam and thunder bolt and thunder i can see for what i have noticed that in the anime that the new electric attacks that shown in the anime is blue electric and also pacharisus atk was blue and it was discharge so what did delcatty use in the contest?

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
umm.... question i cant figure it out what delcatty use always is it charge beam or thunderbolt or thundeshock. i look into DPPt pokedex and only chargebeam and thunder bolt and thunder i can see for what i have noticed that in the anime that the new electric attacks that shown in the anime is blue electric and also pacharisus atk was blue and it was discharge so what did delcatty use in the contest?
Shock Wave. It was called out as "Dengekiha", which is the Japanese name of Shock Wave.

uber gon

Accept Change

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
^ I am so happy its ok :D If it was nto I would be like NO ASH GO SAVE GLISCOR. But yeah this was a great episode because Dawn won

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
^ I am so happy its ok :D If it was nto I would be like NO ASH GO SAVE GLISCOR. But yeah this was a great episode because Dawn won