• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling the Generation Gap! (563)

jammiedodger

With people in this topic bringing up the point bar and it's fairness, I'd like to ask a question: How is the point bar actually calculated?

I mean does something scan the moves and remove points accordingly, or is it all controlled by the judges who press buttons in favour of who they prefer or when counter-attacks look good, etc?

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Yanmega is sure huge, but Dawn's Buneary beat it! XD

Torpoleon

Every since the Wallace cup Dawn has been winning contests!

uber gon

Accept Change

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I think the points bar is controlled by the judges also!

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
it would make sense if it was

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
Every since the Wallace cup Dawn has been winning contests!

True, but that's also because Dawn doesn't have any other choice. She's running out of opportunities to make it into the Sinnoh Grand Festival. Plus, I think the writers feel bad for her. :p

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
What a enjoyable episode to watch! :) Now, onto my thoughts.

-Lila, huh? Not very bad, but it fits her title as the Tiger Lily.
-Wow, Ash needs to work on his thinking, because Ash and his Pokemon thinking might be like the next hypnosis.
-Cherrim was pretty cool to watch, though I thought it's back hair would be longer.
-Even though I'm not impressed, Jessie imitation of Fantina was pretty cool.
-I was jealous seeing Buneary getting to slide on the ice. It looked fun.
-If Ambipom gets attractive to Delcatty, isn't Delcatty a male if Ambipom is a girl? Or are the genders of both unknown.
-Yay! Dawn got her 3rd Ribbon. Though, I can't believe how Lila lost all those points quickly. Or I guess that was a tough Swift.
-Those stylish cloths looked amazing. That hat on Brock reminds me of Lucas. Ash's clothers; O_O no comment, but he did look stylish.

Good episode, and I can't wait for the next two episodes! Team Galactic, baby!

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
Okay, I'm getting a bit tired of Jessie flying in every performance. She should know better that you should try using a different performance instead of abusing the same one. The battle between Lila and Dawn was kinda epic, and the cute charm and sing combo was amazing, I should do that sometime when I'm training my Jigglypuff again. This is the second time the old 4kids logo showed up at the end of the credits.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
-If Ambipom gets attractive to Delcatty, isn't Delcatty a male if Ambipom is a girl? Or are the genders of both unknown.

Brock actually confirmed it there that Ambipom was female and Delcatty was male. It's one of the few times that I've ever seen the dub confirm the gender of a Pokemon.

This episode seemed kinda short, but it did seem that they didn't have as many commercials today. Lila...a fitting name. I love the scene when Ash and his Pokemon are trying to figure out a counter for Hypnosis and they all just fall asleep. The battle was pretty good. Dawn made a helluva comeback to win it in the end.

Overall, not a bad episode.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
I really enjoyed this contest. I loved all the Movie 10 music in the background, particularly Oracion when Lila is going through her past. And the battle was of Dawn's best. The Swift-Shockwave combo was wonderful. It's also nice to see Attract and Sing's sleep. Some of the most annoying Status effects in one battle!
I wish Dawn would of used a new appeal though...
Knowing that she uses Ice Appeal the next contest as well... I just want something new.

Uh, what's that 4kids logo doing there again?! >_<

Last edited:

Brumrha

Banned
I never knew that Dawn's mother had a contest rival beforehand... hmm.

In any case, that fight between these two sure is a spectacle, & I should also say that it's an epic one as well. I'm not much into contest fights, but this one got me all riled up.

Also, it looked like Ash took my advice & stood out in the sidelines where he belongs. & lastly, I think Jessis should give up while she's ahead, as for what I know, her victory at Solaceon is a complete fluke!

*continues to linger around*

HoennMaster

If Ambipom gets attractive to Delcatty, isn't Delcatty a male if Ambipom is a girl? Or are the genders of both unknown

....Brock answers that in the episode.

Cherrim was pretty cool to watch, though I thought it's back hair would be longer.

It's not hair. Those are flower petals.

Brock actually confirmed it there that Ambipom was female and Delcatty was male. It's one of the few times that I've ever seen the dub confirm the gender of a Pokemon.

It was confirmed by Dawn a long time ago, and it was confirmed by May right after Ash captured it in the Japanese version. Everyone knows already.

The battle between Lila and Dawn was kinda epic

People really use this for everything now. It was not epic.

If this 4Kids logo keeps appearing over and over again, someone should email PUSA about this. Or...maybe someone from 4Kids is working at PUSA again and maybe the 4Kids logo is there.

gahwtff I had this long-*** ranting post but SPPfail dereted it...

- But o0o this is Johanna's rival that people have been speculating about going to the Grand Festival... I never realized who she was...
- *facepalm* Jessie imitating Fantina...is just no.
- The one thing that bothered me this episode:
How does Swinub hold onto that pom-pom?
- LOL Do 20 year old Ribbons really still count towards the Grand Festival?!
- ...Lila is kinda scary crazy. It's like...she trying to develop a rivalry with Dawn so she can relive her rivalry with Johanna. I can see her freaking out and attacking Dawn going, "WHY AREN'T YOU MORE LIKE HER?!"
- Hosnap, Ambipom is female! I know people have said it before, but I couldn't really remember it being confirmed so I had my doubts... I guess it was because gender confirmation in the anime is rare.
- And dammit Dawn cannot pull off another next-to-impossible victoryy nooo lose moar nao pl0x
- LMAO @ their outfits in the end!

...And that is all. Except I'm still raging over Dawn winning.