• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling the Generation Gap! (563)

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
In terms of the actual battle, weirdly I feel like Dawn beating her mother's rival doesn't quite make sense, as this woman has been doing contests for 30 years before Dawn was born, and Ambipom has only been in what like...2 contests before this? Also if I'm remembering right didn't this woman win a Grand Festival in the past too? I know this kind of stuff the writers don't really care about (like adults should realistically have decades of more skill and experience than newbie 10 year old coordinators/trainers) but eh.
Lila had four ribbons when she participated in this contest. It is stated in the episode that if she wins her fifth she would be able to participate in the grand festival. As far as we know, she never participated in the grand festival because she quit being a coordinator when she was still a kid. She pursued Fashion instead. Lila focused on her career and never participated in contests again, when she appeared at this contest the announcer says she hadn’t make an appearance in 20 years. As for Dawn being a rookie compared to her, by this point Dawn had already won the Wallace Cup, this was her third victory and Lila had only had four ribbons, so in terms of contest victories it doesn’t seem like they are too far off even with the age gap because at the end of the day Lila stopped being a coordinator at around the same age Dawn is in the present. Lila may be older, yes, but she stopped being a coordinator long ago. So all of those years she was not gaining coordinator experience.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
What do you mean, most of the COTD's in AG's contests were very fun and well developed characters? Many of them have great memorable personalities like Timmy/Kelly/Grace, the mother coordinator, the salaryman guy in Battle Frontier, Erika the coordinator who thought May was stealing her boyfriend (lol), or Brianna. How is this episode any different?

In terms of the actual battle, weirdly I feel like Dawn beating her mother's rival doesn't quite make sense, as this woman has been doing contests for 30 years before Dawn was born, and Ambipom has only been in what like...2 contests before this? Also if I'm remembering right didn't this woman win a Grand Festival in the past too? I know this kind of stuff the writers don't really care about (like adults should realistically have decades of more skill and experience than newbie 10 year old coordinators/trainers) but eh.
What I meant was that it was annoying how most of AG's contests were just CoTDs and inconsequential most of the times.....and Id argue the fun and developed characters part lol.

Lila actually tying into Dawn's mom as her rival and how Dawn became interested in contests due to her mother and emulates her made an interesting relevant scenario, most of DP's contests were always relevant and the one slightly CoTDish we had here was developed well to tie into Dawn's story