• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling the Generation Gap! (563)

AstralEon

The one and only.
Well, pretty much a decent episode. Not something I would like to see again though...

Seeing some flashbacks about Dawns mothers was a good experience to know about. 20 years of not doing any contest is a lot don't you think?

Although I find it weird that Dawn was going against her mothers rival. Its like childhood all over again.

The battling was nice though. Especially with those awesome effects that they had. Particles are very amazing aren't they?

:facepalm: at Jessie. C'mon! Not again. That is starting to bug me, really....

Sorry but I just hated those styling clothes that hey had. I thought this was a show about battling and how moves are utilized, and not a stylers convention.

I give it a 6/10.

Off Topic: This just came up to me when I was typing. So does this mean a pokemon can live for more than 20 years and still look if it hasn't aged at all??

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Well, pretty much a decent episode. Not something I would like to see again though...

Seeing some flashbacks about Dawns mothers was a good experience to know about. 20 years of not doing any contest is a lot don't you think?

Although I find it weird that Dawn was going against her mothers rival. Its like childhood all over again.

The battling was nice though. Especially with those awesome effects that they had. Particles are very amazing aren't they?

:facepalm: at Jessie. C'mon! Not again. That is starting to bug me, really....

Sorry but I just hated those styling clothes that hey had. I thought this was a show about battling and how moves are utilized, and not a stylers convention.

I give it a 6/10.

Off Topic: This just came up to me when I was typing. So does this mean a pokemon can live for more than 20 years and still look if it hasn't aged at all??

I was surpsied about it too. If we go back 10+ season too the episode Pi-kahuna Poka was a little baby pikachu when it went too ....I wanna say the guy's name was Stanley... anyway 20 years later it was wrinkly so I guess it was just another pokemon has been around for so long most viewers are to young to rememebr those eps. I mean my bro and me were watching it the other day and I was like "Sure hope Misty comes back" and he is like "Who is Misty."

Rebeccag

The episode was ok I liked seeing Johanna as a young girl though she looked cute and also I liked the bit at the end with Ash and Brock dressed in hippy clothes lol. i wish Jessie had got through to the battle rounds though
I also liked how it shows that ribbons cant expire as well which is intresting......

CrazyYanmega

I noticed that there were a lot of music pieces from The Rise of Darkrai. The first was Oracion, during the talk between Dawn's mom and Lialah, and Darkrai's theme song when Ambipom used that amazing Swift attack.

trixie08

Speak No Evil
The episode was a bit interesting, but yeah, the contests are kinda getting redundant.

I mean, it's turning into a big mass of bright sparkles and all that jazz, but Ambipom when she gets infatuated was pretty funny, but maybe that's because I find Ambipom cute.

Jessie's appeal with Yanmega was rather pathetic, but that's just her character.

Lila is a very beautiful name, but the whole "Tiger Lily Smile" thing was interesting, but just a teensy bit over-the-top.

I was also glad to see Substitute being used for the first time, and also Cherrim! I didn't know that the Overcast Forme's eyes were on its stubs for legs.

The ending with Ash wearing those clothes, reminded me of Ryan Seacrest for some out-there reason.

All in all, I give this a 7, not memorable, but a really cool episode nonetheless.

I was also glad to see Substitute being used for the first time, and also Cherrim! I didn't know that the Overcast Forme's eyes were on its stubs for legs.

I turned away from the screen and ended up missing the use of Substitute... I've always wondered what it would like in the anime.

And I freaked out about Overcast Forme Cherrim's eyes. I mean what an awkward place to have them, on the legs...

Buizelster

It was a good episode. Though I found Dawn's win a bit h4x. Especially since this was against the person who beat her mom. Even so I guess Dawn had to win to get her third ribbon.

Plus at the end of the day Brock and Ash proved they have the worst fashion sense of anyone on the planet. Though Ash has proven that by himself before.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
It wasn't an episode I'd call boring, but nor one that thrilled me out. I liked how Dawn achieved her win but the flashbacks were making the episode boring. As far as the "Ash's and Brock's" clothes ae concerned, I must admit I found that part not suit the episode that much.

Genome

pro-SHARK WEEK
I turned away from the screen and ended up missing the use of Substitute... I've always wondered what it would like in the anime.
That must mean you also missed on Shaymin's substitute. Giratina and the Sky Warrior's English TV premiere was just weeks before this.

Nothing gratifying about that move anyway, a poor man's Double Team if you will. Substitute only downsizes the attack to one clone. In exchange, you get a puff of smoke as the original takes damage. Even that doesn't seem to have any use.

So much for believing they were holding out on us to materialize the doll-like creation that comes from it, right? That would've had a good run as a gag.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Darn it!
Why do they mock me..
Male Delcatty? So many male Delcattys' in the anime..I just evolved my female Skitty in Emerald,I should have waited a few hours to clone the moonstone and send one to Diamond for one of my male Skitty..

*cough*
Anyway,this episode was pretty good,I enjoyed it.
Ambipom's constant way of going,and exiting,attract mode was awkward however..

Dawn seems better at winning then she was before though..o_O
I'm not saying she didn't deserve her win..But,it still just seems unusual,like she was just sort of lucky.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Decent episode, but a few things bugged me. First of all, why is Johanna's voice so weird? Second, why is it that in every contest, one small move kills a person's contest points. Seriously, Delcatty got hit my a star, maybe a few, and Lila's contest points got reduced by almost half.

katfairy

Interesting episode. When I first heard the plot, I expected Lila to be some crazy lady snarking about how she smacked down Dawn's mother and would do the same to Dawn, complete with anime crazy lady laugh. What we got is somebody who enjoyed what she did, but ended up doing something else. Then when she saw her friend/rival's daughter, she started wondering- the whole "path not taken" thing. I actually liked Lila, which I wasn't expecting.

On another note, is it just me, or are there a lot of people with greyish-purple hair in Sinnoh? It seems to be more common than in other regions.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great contest. i loved Lila's pokemon.

Ambipom was amazing, she didn't get confused after all.

8/10.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode didn't really stand out for me too much, but the backstory on Dawn's mom was interesting, and Ambipom was just dang cute when the attract condition hit her. :) I liked the old rival of Johanna, too. I do know this episode made me impatient for Jessie to get another ribbon already, but at least they fixed that a little bit later in the season.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Loved to hear some more about Dawn's mom. She rarely ever gets an backstory. I loved that she and Lila were rivals like Dawn and Zoey are now.

I'm glad that after the Wallace Cup, Dawn and her Pokemon can still manage to break from her losing streak and win yet another Pokemon Contest.

Superior. 9/10

Armaldo48

It was good for Dawn that she won another ribbon. And Jessie's imitation of Fantina was just too funny!

8.5/10

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I really liked this episode. I enjoyed the whole backstory on Johanna and Lila's rivalry and it made the contest all the more intense. I'm also happy that Dawn won because it was like she won for her mom too.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I would like to see a contest final between Dawn and Johanna