1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Battling the King of the Mines! (722)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Guywhoiam

Guywhoiam Dr. Researcher Man

This was one of my favorite Gym battles over all, and my favorite so far in Unova. Roggenrola evolving made me happy, because Gigalith is my second favorite 5th gen Pokemon, and now he is one step closer. Now, I know that Boldore evolving into Gigalith is said to be unlikely, but "unlikely" doesn't mean it won't.

2. Banana Knight Arthur

Banana Knight Arthur NEGATIVE MINUS

Seriously>?

For me the highlight was the way Mijumaru actually listened to Ash and executed strategy in his battle vs. Yakon's Warubiru.

3. ricedonut

ricedonut pringle user

how much music did they keep in this episode?

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  4. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

Great episode and battle! Seeing Snivy getting a win against Palpitoad was very nice. Roggenrola evolving into Boldore was awesome, as well. Clay getting angry was hilarious, too.

5. Toonyoungster

Toonyoungster The Capture Champion

You know, after the last few episodes with Clay, I couldn't help but think that he sounds familiar. And then it hit me...Clay is Yosamite Sam in disguise.

6. Munchlax66

Munchlax66 Well-Known Member

All those southernisms made me think of a character from a different cartoon who was also named Clay. That cartoon was on the same channel that Pokemon used to be on. And that Clay is also specializes in the Earth element.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  7. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

You're thinking of Clay from Xiaolin Showdown

Also, did anyone else feel creeped out a when one of Clay's miners chuckled after saying "My boss's pokémon are all extremely powerful" to Ash?

8. Orton155

Orton155 Pokemon Enthusiast

An excellent episode, I was stuck to my screen from beginning to end.

It's the battle for Ash's 5th gym badge against the King of the Mines, Clay. We began with Krokorok vs Oshawott where Oshawott showed determination and then finished Krokorok with a flourish of moves after a clever water gun into the hole that Krokorok had dug. Then Palpitoad vs Snivy where Snivy used Attract to immobilise her opponents and then destory Palpitoad with all those grass moves of hers. However, the star battle was Excadril vs Roggenrola but at first I was convinced that Pikachu was going to be sent out because of the lead into it with Pikachu being all fired up but we saw roggenrola instead which was a pleasant surprise (even though I would have loved a Pikachu victory too). It was clever that Roggenrola's sturdy came into its own against Excadrill's Horn Drill and then the Evolution, well never saw that coming from a mile off and I loved it. Then Boldore just put excadril on the scrap heap with it's new moves; Rock Smash and Rock Blast.

As I said, I loved it from beginning to end. On to the next episode!!!!

9. WaterDragon trainer

WaterDragon trainer Freak Like Me

I liked this episode and considered it to be one of Ash's best gym battles of Unova so far and it's nice to see an evolution for his team.

10. DMerle

DMerle Guess who's back

Roggenrola's evolution was absolutely insane, best evolution i've ever seen on pokemon.

11. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

i still can't stop laughing at when Clay chewed Ash out after Palpitoad went down, talk about losing it.

12. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

Well this gym battle was marginally better than Ash's last gym battle. The only match I really enjoyed was Oshawott vs. Krokorok just cause that was a nice well planned out battle. It's depressing to see the writer fall back on Snivy owning every Pokemon it's put up against after it uses Attract, also relying on Ash's Pokemon to evolve in order too write ourselves out of a corner of a uber gym leader Pokemon. It would be ashame if we actually have Ash lose more than one gym battle in a region & then write good followup. Clay could've been written better, seriously your a gym leader you shouldn't be upset just cause the challenger used a strategy to win instead of a head to head battle.

13. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

Boldore is so cool. It's amazing that the best battle and best Pokemon on this show is on without a face.

14. HoennTori

HoennTori BisexualMexnese Kid

Ash was actually good in this ep lol

Xilion Showdown FTW

15. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Ironic how every gym leader tells Ash to use strategy, but this one gets mad and says he should attack head on.
    Machismo blinds the eye, there Clay.

16. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

I agree with you, definitely.

17. Yes, he's unhurt by Horn Drill. But that's no reason why he should survive 87 Drill Runs.

18. Answers in bold.

19. Marbi Z

Marbi Z Lop-And-Bunny!!!

When I saw Clay get all mad when Ash knocked out his second Pokemon that reminded me of Yosamity Sam from the Looney Toons :p

20. Ash Ketchum!

Ash Ketchum! Pokemon Trainer

This was a great episode. Probably one of the best gym battles of Best Wishes along with Skyla's and Brycen's.