1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Battling the King of the Mines! (722)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Good battle all around. It was very enjoyable to watch and Ash actually looked competent here. Roggenrola evolving was a little questionable but it doesn't ruin the episode or anything.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

Satoshi's match at the Hodomoe Gym definitely made him seem skilled by comparison to how he was portrayed at the Raimon Gym at least. And even Yacon himself managed to be a more entertaining Gym Leader than Kamitsure, to me at least.

3. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Palpitoad's battles felt rushed, perhaps because the writers had wanted to get into the Excadrill fights more quickly. It's good to see Clay order his Pokemon to deflect Snivy's Attract in the second battle.

4. Leonhart

Attract was such an overpowered and commonly used attack during Best Wishes, so I was also quite pleased that Yacon got mad and showed how annoying that move can be.

5. This gym battle was much better than the last one since here Ash used strategy. It was funny when Clay got mad at Ash for using Attract too. Roggenrola's evolution felt forced since Ash didn't use it much in BW and how is it possible for Roggenrola to take several super effective hits from Clay's Excadrill after it evolved into Boldore and for Boldore to defeat Excadrill with only two attacks?

Jerimiyah and pokedigijedi like this.
  6. pokedigijedi

pokedigijedi Saiyan Jedi

I honestly agree with Clay in this episode, how he told Ash he wasn't serious with his goal.

7. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

I'm calling hax on Roggenrola being able to take half a dozen Drill Runs, and then survive a Horn Drill

TWICE

Other than that, a splendid episode with an absolutely adorable ED

8. Leonhart

His match was ridiculous since he had virtually zero training, but I guess he needed to seem strong all of a sudden to justify his evolution.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  9. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

It's hilarious because that pretty much sums up the majority of Ash's BW team that did manage to evolve, while the pokémon that actually deserved to have the animation budget wasted on them were ignored

10. Vulpicks

Vulpicks Well-Known Member

It was alright. Not the worst battle I've seen (That was the last gym battle ;))

I thought it was funny when Clay got upset at Ash for using Attract. He's pretty fun as far as Gym Leaders go in the anime.

Jerimiyah likes this.