• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling the Leaf Thieves! (735)

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
I think the were more concerned about Axew's safety than capturing a Durant! Ash now has a Leavanny, its a good enough day already without the need for a capture.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Tepig, why did you tackle Oshawott? Sure, Oshawott laughed at you, but in all fairness, Oshawott pulled the Leaf hood off, Tepig didn't.

Just joking, but I personally think Oshawott did look better with it on.

And Snivy and Emolga eventually wore the leaf hood. Emolga picked on Snivy and they had enough fight.

I love the continuity between the fights of Oshawott and Tepig and Snivy and Emolga.

And I LOVED how Leavanny helped 3 wild Sewaddle out.

pokeaussie37

Sounds like a solid, if not spectacular, episode, but an evolution is always great!! It's a pity that a Durant would never have been caught as I really do like that species, but I never expected that anyway.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Sounds like a solid, if not spectacular, episode.

Sums it up pretty well. The plot was ultra basic and didn't have anything unexpected in it, and while there were lots of good moments, nothing stood out as particularly noteworthy. Not bad, just very straight forward.

IcySealeo

That was a great episode. Swadloon's evolution during the battle against Emolga was wonderful. It shows that a Pokemon doesn't have to evolve during a gym battle, important battle or when he saves the day. It shows that training is what makes the Pokemon evolve, and it wasn't the first time we see Ash training with Swadloon, so that was a nice build-up and a simple yet wonderful way to make a Pokemon evolve.

gliscor&yanmega

Saw the pictures, can't wait to watch it.

I liked that Leavanny got a nice episode to be out and about, as well as Emolga. I'm glad that the starters didn't really get shown much other then napping and getting a leaf hat thingy, although I did enjoy the little rivalry(Or whatever it is) between Oshawott and Tepig, as well as Emolga and Snivy, was nice seeing Snivy save Emolga as well and Emolga doesn't want to thank it. I liked that Scraggy was out most of the episode too, it's friend got kidnapped so it should have been out and worrying.

I'm not sure what happened in the end, but I think maybe Ash and the others gave the Durant some leaf balls or something, I hope that's the case at less other wise I would have liked what happened in the manga scan better, just seems wrong to attack the Durant when they didn't mean any harm, but I'm pretty sure Ash and the others gave them leaf balls so I'm fine with that. I would have liked a Durant on the team, but I knew it wouldn't happen and I don't mind, I hope Durant appears again though, preferably under the ownership of a rival.

The episode looks good to me.

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!
It seems like a good introductory episode for Leavanny. Swadloon hasn't been given a large amount of focus, so it's good that it has its own episode at least.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
So Leavanny's size seems to have change a bit throughout the whole episode, but that really doesn't matter XD.

Anyway, it was pretty good, don't know why Ash recalled the starters, but oh well :p

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Anyway, it was pretty good, don't know why Ash recalled the starters, but oh well :p

This episode was epic. Dento ran into a rock. Don't ask, it made my day. Then they had to go the extra mile and have him slip on a banana peel? X333 It reminds me how in the Victini movie Dento runs into the light (well his backpack did anyway) xD

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So Leavanny's size seems to have change a bit throughout the whole episode, but that really doesn't matter XD.

Good. I'm glad that it was Pikachu, Scraggy, Leavanny, and Emolga who battled. Too bad Stunfisk wasn't there.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Whoa! This episode came out pretty fast. And I'm glad no one didn't catch the ant. No one needs that. As far as this episode goes, great job. Leavnny is super awesome and Scraggy proves once again that size is only a thing. 9/10

dman_dustin

Still miffed that Swadloon got crap treatment, honestly one more REAL battle wouldn't have killed the writers. And on top of that it's in the process of evolving before the opening?

That said I enjoyed the episode. I enjoyed seeing Leavanny throughout the episode.

Assuming Bulbapedia is accurate, I have this feeling Inuko Inuyama tried to make Leavanny masculine, but it just didn't work. Despite being male, Leavanny is just too feminine. But then again it isn't like I could see Unshō Ishizuka voicing Leavanny, since that would be incredibly awkward.

For those who are saying that Leavanny has the same exact personality as the other Leavanny. I disagree.

1. The other Leavanny barely showed up to show a personality that's identifiable. Burgh's Leavanny displayed NO personality when battling against Ash. And making leaf clothes or making costumes (Luke's) is not a personality that's an action.

2. The one Burgh used didn't show much of a personality at all in their debut episode either. To say it matches Ash's Leavanny is pretty much drawing conclusions from absolutely nothing. Because the only thing Burgh's Leavanny ever did personality wise, if you even want to call it that (is it happily saying "Ha ha" as it makes leaf clothing for Ash's Sewaddle) and unlike Ash's Leavanny, Burgh was the one who requested the leaf clothing. Ash's Leavanny made leaf clothing without needing Ash to tell it to, especially to the three wild Sewaddle.

So therefore the only Leavanny THAT HAS EVER shown an identifiable personality is Ash's Leavanny.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It was a nice episode I guess. I had a feeling that Swadloon would evolve in a battle against one of Ash's friends; I think it was sort of cheap, but Swadloon has always been treated badly. Anyway, I thought the leaf collars and masks were cute, and I laughed when I saw that Ash was covered with leaves, but I really hated those Durant; not only did they look gross, but they acted exactly as I expected them to act. I'm glad they weren't captured because I wouldn't be able to tolerate a Durant in the main cast.

XXD17

Draco rex
I actually really liked this one! I was wondering how they were going to show a male leavanny but it actually worked...Ash's leavanny's voice actually sounds masculine albeit a bit off-masculine...but that's fine, he's the fruit on the team anyways. Have you seen how he runs XD..anyways, I also loved how there was only one female durant in the whole colony, a harken to real-life ant colonies...but then again, technically all ants are female with only one fertile female (the queen) and drones for reproductions...but I guess it works differently for durant...also when that one durant screamed...classic...

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Very good episode here. I did like how the writers took their time to show more of Ash's pokemon as well as taking the opportunity to throw some clever throw backs, showing that they actually remembered what happened in the previous episodes.

Also, I did like how we get to see some dynamics between the pokemon being worked here. After an arc devoted to show the characters interacting with their rivals/recurring friends, it was a nice change of pace. I'm even impressed they kind of continue with the Oshawott's and Tepig's "rivalry". Honestly, I was thinking it'd be some sort of "one episode only" thing and the whole rivalry thing would be just fan wishful thinking. Nice seeing I was wrong about that.

My minor issue is with Leavanny's personality as it seems to be completly changed from the times it was a Sewaddle. Not that it was bad, just a tad odd, if you ask me. Another thing is that... ok, we get to see Ash's entire team and more two from Iris (except Excadrill though I'll let that pass) but what Cilan's? Not even Pansage got to appear this time. Anyway, this doesn't prevent the episode from being nice.

Nyon

It was an enjoyable episode overall. I hope Leavanny gets more screentime from now on, he was cute and clever in this ep.
Those Durant were huge!

alypkmn

anyone else notice that Durant was HUGE in this episode ?? I mean its just 1'00" !!? in the anime it was 5x this size. even bigger than axew which is actually twice Durant's size !!!!