• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling the Leaf Thieves! (735)

Janovy

Banned
Oh yes, a good episode. I'm shocked by the fact that the opening battle lasted more than thirty seconds and I'm really happy by the interactions between the trio (Dento being the clumsy guy despite Iris warning him or when Ash asked who was going to pretend to be food, lol) and the Pokémon - that was some great stuff - Snivy and Emonga don't fight as heavily as before but their rivalry is still there.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Maybe it's because Emonga listens now better unlike it used too.

gliscor&yanmega

Finished watching the episode, loved it.

I love Leavanny in the Anime, their voices(Dub and original) are probably one of my favorite. It was nice seeing Ash's Leavanny get some screen time here.

I would like more of these kind of episodes where a lot of stuff goes on for everyone.

Was disappointed to see that Ash and the others just left the Durant like that, I know they stole Axew and were attacking but they didn't know what was going on, I prefer the ending that was in the scan where the Durant see their mistake and seem sorry, although I guess it wasn't too bad, they seemed fine knowing that their food wasn't stolen or anything.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
And Leavanny evolves, while the Durant are allowed to leave in spite of their actions.

CupidKirby

Ah Leavanny, I'll never get used to the way you walk/run. He was still really helpful though, especially when helping out those wild Sewawa's.

Loved the episode. One thing that stood out for me was the ending. I mean, usually Pokemon would give us some sap story about the Durant and Ash helps them out, gaining their trust and friendship. That wasn't the case here. The BWtrio basically ran in, got attacked, attacked them back, ran out, and all was good again on both sides. I actually wouldn't mind if they did this kind of ending more often...not all the time, obviously.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was great to see Durant for the first time. I do wish Leavanny would have learned a new move in this episode, instead of using the same ones from before. The Shadow Claw attack by the Durant was really animated well. So many funny moments, like Emolga and Snivy not liking the idea of leaf clothes.

48/100

SmartD

A good episode. Swadloon evolves into Leavanny, and it was funny when Cilan tries to be careful, yet he gets hurt anyway.

What happened to the Durant was overkill.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Something else that I enjoyed was seeing one of Ash's reserves interacting this Iris and Cilan. We barely get that outside of Scraggy and Krokorok.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Levanny is seriously amazing; glad Ash gets a new fully evolved Bug type Pokemon. Hopefully we see more of Leavanny from now on, in rotation of course.

The episode plot was quite different in parts, and it came as a shocker. Truthfully, I felt bored watching today. Probably because it's getting up so early.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
This has to be one of the finest episodes i have seen in along while! i loved it, the voice's were perfect the music was amazing i loved every bit of the episode 11/10 ohhmygawsh it was simply breathetaking and axew is the cutest :3

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I was shocked to see an evolution so early in the episode but leavanny was really charming making all those clothes as a kind gesture. It was funny to see Emolga's and Snivy's reaction to them though lol. The adventure was good, I really enjoyed it, and the moments with Cilan in the cave was funny too :D.

On to the next one :D.

Azureth

Evolution at the start of the episode? That never happens.

Do we really need to add another annoying quirk to the group? Especially for a pokemon that has been here for a long time.

Finally a scouting mission, and Emolga takes it because Unfezant isn't here.

How dumb are these Durant? I don't think they want to eat Axew, and it was pretty obvious that he wasn't a leaf. Also, why did they go all the way to the forest to get a small stack of leaves when there were trees all around?

Protect isn't directional. At least it wasn't in DP. It made a full protective bubble.

Is it just me, or does Emolga sound different?

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Evolution at the start of the episode? That never happens.

Do we really need to add another annoying quirk to the group? Especially for a pokemon that has been here for a long time.

Finally a scouting mission, and Emolga takes it because Unfezant isn't here.

How dumb are these Durant? I don't think they want to eat Axew, and it was pretty obvious that he wasn't a leaf. Also, why did they go all the way to the forest to get a small stack of leaves when there were trees all around?

Protect isn't directional. At least it wasn't in DP. It made a full protective bubble.

Is it just me, or does Emolga sound different?

Geez... Complains, complains, complains.

I love Swadloon evolving since bug and psychic types are my favorite, so I'll give this episode:

Sub: 85/100
Dub: 55/100