• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling the Leaf Thieves! (735)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a decent episode, thought I didn't really have much comments about it other than the fact that I was expecting Durant to sound more menacing.

Battra

51 that is the number of episodes between Swadloon's last appearance & this episode and were supposed to believe that it had a high enough friendship level for it to evolve, hooray for more crappy writing on Pokemon. Also can we have Leavanny stop acting like a stereotypical gay with it's movements, cause that's what we need in a kids show.

Also can we have Leavanny stop acting like a stereotypical gay with it's movements, cause that's what we need in a kids show.

Gay or not, I'm glad he at least has a personality and isn't dead like Boldore.

Geez... Complains, complains, complains.

That would work better if you were not spamming/complaining in saying that. You know the user was doing what the thread was meant for: discussing the show. Complaints are still discussing it.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Besides, Leveanny have a positive personality going on, and Ash's Leavanny is no different. I'm really glad Ash finally has a new fully evolved Bug type, and this one is quite powerful when you think about it.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode. Nice to see Swadloon evolving into Leavanny, and the quest to rescue Axew was okay. The best part was seeing most of Ash's Pokemon and Iris's Emolga.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I like Leavanny more than Swadloon. I didn't like that Axew was kidnapped again. But I did like that Scraggy was trying to help. Maybe if Iris was Scraggy for a day....Nevermind.

jammiedodger

Also can we have Leavanny stop acting like a stereotypical gay with it's movements, cause that's what we need in a kids show.
Excuse me?

Pretty solid for a mostly filler episode. Seeing an evolution at the very beginning, and not even within a major battle, was quite different and refreshing. I also like that they expanded upon Leavanny's abilities beyond just battling while keeping it interesting.

Last edited:

jammiedodger

^ I wouldn't worry, because I was also pronouncing it that way.

I still haven't got over the true pronunciation of Illumise and Roselia.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I still liked Ash's leavanny best when it was sewaddle, it evolved far too soon. Despite that, this was a cute episode. I liked Snivy and Emolga's less-than-enthusiastic responses to their leaf hoods, and I LOL'd at the female durant's freakout when she saw the males getting hit with attract.

7/10

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It was nice seeing Swadloon evolve. It was sad another chance at a capture was wasted though.

NPT

Just a member
Ash's Sawdloon evolving into Leavanny early in the episode was surprising, but it's cool that Ash got another fully-evolved Pokémon. I liked the scene where Emolga and Snivy were fighting, it's fun to see thier rivalry after a long time.
It's funny when Ash had to warp himself in leaves, the plan was working and Ash managed to reach Axew ...... but unfortunatlly they Durant sees them and attacks them.
Ash and Iris's Pokémon did well against those Durant. I liked the scene where Emolga uses Attract on the Durant, confusing the male Durant. Scraggy, Levanny and Pikachu fought well too.
Overall, this was an entertaining episode, I enjoyed watching it.

Last edited:
I don't know, for some reason, I thought the leaf thieves were going to be actual people, not just a bunch of Durant.
SO, not one of the more interesting episodes.

Gillachu

Banned
Swadloon evolving so suddenly with no fanfare was meh. I didn't like seeing "Axew gets lost" scenario #748053519 either...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Aww I liked seeing Ash's Swadloon evolve and how it made leaf collars for the cast's pokemon and those wild Sewaddles ha ha. Axew being taken by Durants and being mistaken for food was funny. :3

Leonhart

Imagineer
So we hadn't seen Satoshi's Kurumayu do anything since the Hiun Gym, and suddenly it had the friendship level and experience needed to evolve? I liked Hahakomori's cheerfulness, but the subplot about Kibago getting accidentally kidnapped and taken as food by the Iront colony could've been better.