• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling With Elegance and a Big Smile (867)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Fennekin VS Delphox! A Gorgeous Performer Battle!!

While training for their next Showcase, Serena ends up going harsh on Fennekin and Pancham when training doesn't go right, still torn from the loss in her first. Feeling down, she leaves Ash and Bonnie for a while for some alone time. As she walks through the city, she meets a girl who randomly approaches her to talk, and they end up going shopping together before finally having a practice battle against her Delphox and Aromatisse. The question is, who is this mysterious girl?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with Ash and co. in a town, watching a video screen in a Pokemon Center.

On the screen is a video about Shauna and when she won the Coumarine Pokemon Showcase.

Serena lets out her Pokemon.

Ash and co. go outside of the Pokemon Center, to a battlefield that is behind it.

Serena does some performance training with her Pokemon, for her next Pokemon Showcase.

Fennekin accidentally sets Pancham's tail on fire and then the two Pokemon fight with eachother.

Serena continues to do some more performance training.

Pancham accidentally falls on top of Fennekin and then they get into another fight.

Fennekin uses Flamethrower to attack Pancham, who is on Serena's left shoulder.

Pancham shields itself behind Serena and the Flamethrower hits Serena instead.

Ash and Bonnie are worried about Serena.

Serena gets angry at her Pokemon and yells at them.

Serena feels sorry that she yelled, so she walks a away to have some time to herself.

Fennekin and Pancham are sad as Serena walks away.

Team Rocket are sitting by a river bank and I think James is fishing.

I think Jessie is talking about her next showcase.

As Serena walks through the town, a girl comes up to her.

The girl introduces herself as Ellena.

She is actually Aria in disguise.

Serena and Aria do things around town together, like going shopping with eachother.

Ash and Bonnie are alone in a cabin.

Ash's Pokemon and Dedenne are having some food.

Ash and Bonnie talk about Clemont.

At the Lumiose Gym, Clemont is battling with a green haired kid.

The kid is using a Treecko and Clemont is battling the Treecko with his Luxray.

Clemont defeats the kid and then the kid rights down some notes in a notebook.

Serena and Aria are now sitting at a table and are eating some food together.

They watch as a little girl feeds her Furfrou.

Dare Da? Aromatisse.

Jessie is doing some rough training with Meowth for her next Pokemon Showcase.

The sun is now setting.

Serena reunites with Ash and Bonnie and she brings Aria with her.

Bonnie asks Aria if she will marry Clemont.

Serena and Aria decide to have a double battle with eachother.

Aria uses her Delphox and Aromatisse.

Serena battles with her Fennekin and Pancham.

Fennekin ends up become tired whilst battling.

Fennekin starts evolving.

Fennekin has now evolved into a Braixen.

They continue to battle, but then Aria gets a call and she has to leave.

Aria recalls her Pokemon into their Pokeballs and then she says goodbye to Ash and co.

The next morning, Ash and co. are in the same Pokemon Center and they get ready to leave.

As they get ready to leave, they see a video of Aria and her Delphox performing at a Pokemon Showcase.

Serena realises that Ellena was actually Aria.

She becomes pretty happy and then she and the other run off towards Lumiose City.

To be continued.

Last edited:

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Fennekin evolved! Doridori is playing.

Serena figured out she was Aria in the end.

Last edited:

AshSerena

Yeah I wonder whats that Treecko kid role here,
i love how ellena and serena interact each other here, and im pretty sure they will become a good friend or maybe more!(they both funny and love fashion)
Goodbye fennekin :/ ... Welcome Braixen! XD
nyway good episode rate 8/10

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
This series never fails to surprise. Holy **** what a great episode just for the fact that it was able to hide all these things in one episode. Everyone of the human characters/groups were doing something. Ash being the one to take care of Bonnie and giving advice to the rest, Bonnie taking care of the Pokemon and trying to KEEP Elle even without Clemont, Clemont getting stronger and stronger beating Shota in battle, Shota finally ****ing introduced, Teamr Rocket doing their best for the Tripokalon as well. Never has Jessie looked so good with a whip! Elle being a moral support and an obvious rival to Serena, and Serena--Oh, Serena, you truly wear your soft heart upon your sleeve too much. I love how Braixen and Serena are practically sisters if the OP wasn't already an indication. Hopefully, Performance battle will also be a thing in Tripokalons prior to a Free Performance, as it could potentially allow Serena to make use of Ash's style like she did during her battle with Elle. Loved it.

Also:
VOLT IS DEAD. LONG LIVE DORI DORI!

Afrodisiac

New kid's name is Shota, apparently.

Interesting.

I find funny how Shota's hair seems to be a lot more greenish than in the OP. Also his voice sounded too childish, he's probably just beginning his journey.

Overall a great episode, Aria was the absolute highlight of the episode. I also loved Pancham's Tsundere moments.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So do we get a new move for Braixen here??

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
There were quite a few surprises in this episode, which was all-around positive. Seeing Shota ("Treecko Kid") for the first time in Clemont's gym essentially confirms that he's a new trainer; can't wait to see his full role in the show once other main characters get to interact with him. However I feel bad for his Treecko getting rekt'd by Luxray's Wild Charge

TR not doing their usual thing in this episode - felt that was a good pace of change.

I also absolutely love the interactions between Serena and Aria. Lots of moments and Aria did all she could to cheer Serena up, which I thought was nice. And Serena's reaction when she realized that she interacted with Aria at the end of the episode was just perfect - no full on fangirling, just happy.

And the performance double battle with Fennekin evolving to Braixen? The timing and context couldn't be better for this, and the flashbacks of Fennekin from the earlier XY episodes during the evolution sequence was symbolic of how far she has come since she was chosen as Serena's starter Pokemon. Good feels from there.

Lastly...Bonnie's gag (without Clemont this time) - that was funny as heck.

Overall: 9/10

Afrodisiac

Not sure, but i think it may have learned a new Fire type move.

I think it was only Flamethrower (I only heard Kaenhosha), the only difference is that it comes off Braixen's wand just like Delphox.

Delphox used Flamethrower and Mystical Fire, while Aromatisse used Charge Beam and other move.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yeah I wonder whats that Treecko kid role here,
i love how ellena and serena interact each other here, and im pretty sure they will become a good friend or maybe more!(they both funny and love fashion)
Goodbye fennekin :/ ... Welcome Braixen! XD
nyway good episode rate 8/10

Introduction?

All I can think off is that he'll be watching Ash' battle with Clemont or something..

I watched this episode from the Double battle onwards, and if you only look at that part, the episode was actually quite poor, because the battle wasn't resolved and was a cop-out.

I also really didn't like that we have Shauna and Elle as apparent rivals. I don't like Serena and Elle both ending up with Delphox.. This battle already stretched no belief that Elle's simply better at what she does. So there's no contest there.

Also, this episode was the feminine counterpart to Froakie's evolution episode in almost everything. Everything except Shoda that is.

Introduction?

All I can think off is that he'll be watching Ash' battle with Clemont or something..

I watched this episode from the Double battle onwards, and if you only look at that part, the episode was actually quite poor, because the battle wasn't resolved and was a cop-out.
Why would Serena beat the champion now or what would benefit from Aria winning?