• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battling With Elegance and a Big Smile (867)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I enjoyed this episode. I loved Ariana, she was really nice to Serena and I can't wait to see them fight again for real later(If she gets to). Braixen evolving was epic, I love that the VA still sounds good for it.

Clemont was mean using Luxray on a poor Treecko though.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
At least Scottie's Treecko's move error mention was fixed in the dub, instead of Razor Leaf, it was Mega Drain.

Okay, Fennekin evolving I, for a change, didn't see coming at all.
I don't mean to brag, but I get a feeling mere moments in advance when a main characters Pokemon is going to evolve.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I personally didn't really see much issue with the voice but weaboo are forever going to hate. This episode was good to me and i really liked "Ariana" , the only thing i didn't like was how Fennekin evolved with little to no build up since the pokemon rarely barely anyone that is not named Team Rocket.
Team Rocket battles are apparently the anime equivalent to Rare Candies -_- .

Anyway, Scottie's VA was a little odd, but I'm used to the dub giving these characters deeper voices by this point, so it didn't bother me as much

While I did complain about the problems with the dub a while ago, the one change I'm glad they did was say that Scottie's Treecko used Mega Drain instead of Razor Leaf (which the sub version originally mentioned)

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
So after Serena's devastating Pokémon performance she needed a pick-me-up and Aria(na) will do just the ticket!

I liked Serena's and Aria's interactions together. It pretty much how you would imagine them to be if they were to meet in the street. After some wise words from Aria(na), Serena is back on her feet and has learnt the importance of a Pokémon bond (I would have though Ash would have taught you that). The battle was nice at first and the evolution made it better but it was cut short! I guess this sets up a showdown later on in the series :).

Nice episode, onto the next one!

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Serena versus Aria was magical. I really enjoyed this episode and really hope that with Serena doing that battle, it motivates her to battle even more even though the performing goal doesn't require it as I think she looked good battling.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
My opinion hasn't changed much for this episode; it was one of the better Serena focused episodes and it was great to see Serena battling and holding her own against Aria. Also I liked how she developed and how she snapped at the beginning.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
My opinion hasn't changed much for this episode; it was one of the better Serena focused episodes and it was great to see Serena battling and holding her own against Aria. Also I liked how she developed and how she snapped at the beginning.

I really liked this episode as well because it was the first real development episode that we saw after the design change and it was an important one for Serena. It also showed Serena practicing her Performing, Fenniken evolved, Serena showed different and realistic emotions, her interactions with Aria were good, Serena had a nice bonding moment with her Pokémon, intro to Sawyer (if I remember correctly), Ash and Bonnie shared a moment, we saw Serena come up with a strategy during the battle with Aria, etc...really good overall episode.

Ash's reaction to the battle stopping...is exactly how I felt, but for different reasons (we all know why now). :rolleyes:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I really liked this episode as well because it was the first real development episode that we saw after the design change and it was an important one for Serena. It also showed Serena practicing her Performing, Fenniken evolved, Serena showed different and realistic emotions, her interactions with Aria were good, Serena had a nice bonding moment with her Pokémon, intro to Sawyer (if I remember correctly), Ash and Bonnie shared a moment, we saw Serena come up with a strategy during the battle with Aria, etc...really good overall episode.

Ash's reaction to the battle stopping...is exactly how I felt, but for different reasons (we all know why now). :rolleyes:

Those were the reasons I really enjoyed this episode, as well. Serena showed different and realistic emotions. She was upset and frustrated, she lashed out at her Pokémon, and then she regretted lashing out. She was portrayed so realistically, and I really enjoyed that. Best of all, she learned a great lesson about working together with her Pokémon.

Also, that brief moment between Ash and Bonnie was cute. It's nice to see that Ash has some big brother instincts, despite being an only child. It felt like he had taken on the role of Bonnie's surrogate big brother in Clemont's absence. Seriously, why didn't those two ever spend more time interacting on screen?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Lol did the dub team just think Shota was a regular name for people? Did they not catch the joke?

That voice..Jesus Christ you're supposed to be 10 years old dude

What's the joke? bulbapedia just says it's a common Japanese given name.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Although I'm not really into Pokemon Showcase, I found it was a very inspiring and heart-warming episode. Not only was Serena's inner conflict presented in a pretty intense way, I also thought that Aria's coaching was done pretty well.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
What's the joke? bulbapedia just says it's a common Japanese given name.

The real joke is that Shota is voiced by Ikue Ohtani (aka Pikachu) so Ash's rival this region is his Pikachu.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Serena planning her next performance was great and also Pancham's tail catching fire was funny, plus I liked how Aria appeared in disguise. The shopping scene was fabulous and I was glad to see Sawyer at Clemont's gym. :]

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The shopping scene was fabulous and I was glad to see Sawyer at Clemont's gym. :]

Sawyer's little cameo here was simply a way of making Clemont seem like he was improving as a Gym Leader, which came at the cost of Sawyer seeming weak, which then made people view Sawyer as a bad rival choice for Ash later on. :/

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The real joke is that Shota is voiced by Ikue Ohtani (aka Pikachu) so Ash's rival this region is his Pikachu.

Never mind I found out the joke. You really think the writers use sexual innuendo in naming characters?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I loved seeing Elle inspire Serena, and Serena's Fokko evolving was interesting even though I will miss Fokko's cuteness. Citron making a cameo with Shota at the Miare Gym was a pleasant surprise, too.

To clear her head, Serena goes for a walk in town, where she meets a girl named 'Ariana.' I suspected Aria's fake name was going be Ariana, and her voice isn't too bad either. I'm hoping the lesson Serena learned about staying calm in bad situations will pay off in the next Showcase. I think she has a good chance now at winning, but there's still a lot for her learn. This is still a good episode that brings more development for Serena.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I don't really follow real life celibrities but Aria kinda reminded me of Ariana Grande after the Manchester attacks, where she came to comfort and help her fans. Good episode though, wished I could see more of Aria being with Serena, they get along so well. Oh, and this is Sawyer 1st appearence from XY(Z), he got good developments until the end of it.

Last edited: