• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BDSP: Worst Pokemon game?

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Have you looked at the calendar lately?
yeah and we are at the end of 2022...
Because it was a complete rewrite on a different game engine that was outsourced to a 3rd party studio.

It also doesn’t use any of the SwSh codebase. The entire game was written in Unity.
and that is also another problem.
You are saying that excuses bugs...
tell me did reforged get that excuses because it was a remake of a 3rd party studio?
BDSP really is pokemon version of reforged.
I suggest you watch these two videos and argue against them:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
yeah and we are at the end of 2022...

and that is also another problem.
You are saying that excuses bugs...
tell me did reforged get that excuses because it was a remake of a 3rd party studio?
BDSP really is pokemon version of reforged.
I suggest you watch these two videos and argue against them:
Never played reforged. And I’m not going to argue with some cherry-picked YouTube videos.

Look, Im not saying these games are great games. They are very faithful to the original DP, which I think was Game Freak’s plan. Would it have been better if it adapted Platinum content? Yes.

But I don’t think those things, and bugs, make it worse than LGPE. And it gives new fans the opportunity to play Sinnoh on a modern platform, which is a huge plus in my opinion.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Look, Im not saying these games are great games. They are very faithful to the original DP,
and previous remakes weren't? Being faithful is a LOW bar for them to handle. It is like saying "hey that student wrote stuff let's give them B" when he only wrote "!@$#!@$#@!#!" in their paper as an essay.
But I don’t think those things, and bugs, make it worse than LGPE. And it gives new fans the opportunity to play Sinnoh on a modern platform, which is a huge plus in my opinion.
In Gen 13... when Switch eventually discontinues and becomes dead as 3DS which of these two games fans would think is better? Platinum or BDSP?

treatyofversigh

Also give me a one youtube video that praises BDSP. I have seen videos defending SWSH but not BDSP
No offense but like... why such a heavy focus on YouTube videos? I kind of get it, but also I don't think you're really going to listen even if masdog or someone else does show you a video defending BDSP. It's pretty clear you're never going to change your mind that the game sucks. And that's fine, seriously! But you've implied that you haven't played them yourself, so idk if you can really give a good testament to whether or not they really suck or not.

I like the games, personally. They're not amazing, but I like how they look, and it's nice to be able to play gen 4 on my switch instead of breaking out my old 3DS. I've played them all the way through three times (I lost my save data so I had to replay BD, then I did a SP file). They have their flaws, certainly, but overall I'd still consider them enjoyable.

masdog

That is just barebones of a remake. At this point you would find a pokemon game enjoyable if they removed everything but G1 gameplay... but they kept it in modern graphics.
As a Gen1er, I’d be OK with that.

I’ve played a lot worse in my day…

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
No one's being an apologist. Everyone who says the game isn't that bad are admitting it has issues. I would still pick up Platinum over BDSP in the future but I still had fun with BDSP. The umpteenth YouTube video pointing out general knowledge isn't going to sway my opinion.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
No one's being an apologist. Everyone who says the game isn't that bad are admitting it has issues. I would still pick up Platinum over BDSP in the future but I still had fun with BDSP. The umpteenth YouTube video pointing out general knowledge isn't going to sway my opinion.
That means BDSP will NOT stand the test of time while Platinum did... which makes it worst game by default.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
But the fact that you would play orginal over remake says something doesn't it?
Yes, I've acknowledged that the game is flawed. I still had more fun with it that the aforementioned games regardless

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
As a Gen1er, I’d be OK with that.

I’ve played a lot worse in my day…

You have? Because I'm honestly struggling to find any justification to say any Pokemon game is worse than the Gen 1 Kanto games and LGPE. The Gen 1 gameplay's aged like milk because other games have outdone them in just about every way.

Seriously? You’d play BDSP over ruby&sapphire?????

Honestly Ignition lost me there too. RBY, GSC, and LGPE all feel heavily outdated and as samey as BDSP is base DP is still better than them so BDSP is too. But RS? It's much closer to DP and BDSP than RBY, GSC, and LGPE. About the only thing I'd say base RS is really lacking is a lengthy post game (nothing to do other than Sky Pillar and the Battle Tower), but other than that

masdog

You have? Because I'm honestly struggling to find a game that's worse than the Gen 1 Kanto games and LGPE. The Gen 1 gameplay's aged like milk because other games have outdone them in just about every way.
I‘ve played ET on the Atari 2600.