• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BDSP: Worst Pokemon game?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Not to mention the story is ridiculous in Lets Go. Blue is considered a well known trainer and Red exists in the world but for some reason...we're playing Red's entire story as a different character. this should have been set during the 3 year time skip between gen 1 and gen 2 or even after gen 2. pokemon i choose you (the film) had a perfect blended Kanto with pokemon from multiple generations appearing. it would have been great if we played through the same Kanto. why the heck is Blue famous otherwise?

The story should have been about the rise of Archer and the other team rocket executives and they should have had different encounters than the original games. hell they could have showed us Silver appearing and trying to take control of team rocket and arguing against archer for control of team rocket.
Yeah the idea of Red and Blue not existing is jarring. We get a generic protagonist and Trace's design just screams "A bratty kid that always tries to get what he wants and would actually be unfit to be a trainer."

Palamon

Silence is Purple
X/Y are still the worst for me. BDSP were definitely shipped out too early, though, which I find to be problematic. The fact they released games that weren't even finished (with many things that needed to be patched in through updates) is still awful, in that regard. But, I don't know, I don't consider them the worst Pokemon Games. There's plenty others I didn't like more.

I had my fun with them, but won't revisit them, ever, tbh. They're okay. But, that's it.

Pokefan_1987

X/Y are still the worst for me. BDSP were definitely shipped out too early, though, which I find to be problematic. The fact they released games that weren't even finished (with many things that needed to be patched in through updates) is still awful, in that regard. But, I don't know, I don't consider them the worst Pokemon Games. There's plenty others I didn't like more.

I had my fun with them, but won't revisit them, ever, tbh. They're okay. But, that's it.
It's a wonderful Generation. My favorite water starter Greninja is from Kalos. It's one of the few pokemon games that i actually replayed. The puzzles aren't difficult compared to the other games. I liked that. Still i hated that Kalos requires maximum style rank to get the O-Power for faster egg hatching. I still haven't unlocked it.

Gen 8 i like most of the region itself... but i hate how it created a trend that many generations been left out (cannot be used) because GameFreak has been using near-sighted and ridiculous National Dexit rule.
Generation 2 and 5 starters and many great pokemons suffer a lot being not compatible with the new graphics Although Cyndaquil and Oshawott are in Legends Arceus which means they do care...but many other Gen 5-7 starters were not available in the Grand Underground after finishing BDSP and are stuck in my Pokemon HOME box.

Last edited:

Kage-Pikachu

A big thing i hate is how the battle factory reverted to waiting until you beat 7 trainers to award BP. Makes it annoying to buy competitive hold items and TMs.

hehe i was playing just now and i should have used Leech Seed first with my Torterra against a fire orb Guts Swellow. it started with Endeavor but i used Stealth Rocks. then it used Fly and i missed Leech Seed because of that. it OHKOed my Torterra and then did heavy damage to Garchomp with Facade. it knocked itself out when i switched to Infernape due to the burn. then Infernape brought down it's Wartortle to like 1 hit point with close combat and stealth rock damage and went down to aqua tail. and his final pokemon was grass/bug wormaden (sp?) that survived a Dragon Claw and took Garchomp out with Bug Buzz.... 21st battle. next time i will use leech seed first hehe

Pokefan_1987

A big thing i hate is how the battle factory reverted to waiting until you beat 7 trainers to award BP. Makes it annoying to buy competitive hold items and TMs.

hehe i was playing just now and i should have used Leech Seed first with my Torterra against a fire orb Guts Swellow. it started with Endeavor but i used Stealth Rocks. then it used Fly and i missed Leech Seed because of that. it OHKOed my Torterra and then did heavy damage to Garchomp with Facade. it knocked itself out when i switched to Infernape due to the burn. then Infernape brought down it's Wartortle to like 1 hit point with close combat and stealth rock damage and went down to aqua tail. and his final pokemon was grass/bug wormaden (sp?) that survived a Dragon Claw and took Garchomp out with Bug Buzz.... 21st battle. next time i will use leech seed first hehe
Good point, rare berries and gems and other items that are consumed after use. I don't know about Focus Sash in online. But grinding for BP points for items instead of moves? That makes me glad i never battle online. Too much work from me.

Pokefan_1987

It would've been ok if they went with Platinum Dex and Teams for NPCs.

The post-game is ok and it's nice to have some challenging fights.
I wish it good be turned on and off at even if it would be for regular trainers and gym leaders. Grinding for money in this game when everything is lvl 60+ after E4 are defeated the first time is so hard.

Kage-Pikachu

trainer rematches would have been a great feature, i remember the elite 4 rematches in pokemon black and white were ridiculous and there were no good places to grind.

jaden767

Amphetamine
The worst games by far are still the Let's Go pair of games but Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl are a very close second. I hardly have anything good to say about them and this is coming from a huge Gen 4 fan. :(

Since when did Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl have a Battle Factory? :confused:

Pokefan_1987

The worst games by far are still the Let's Go pair of games but Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl are a very close second. I hardly have anything good to say about them and this is coming from a huge Gen 4 fan. :(

Since when did Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl have a Battle Factory? :confused:
They have the Battle Park and Battle Tower in BDSP. But i don't use it at all *shrugs*

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I have no real issues with BDSP. I think they are great games and I’m happy that I could play them from launch as I got into Gen IV rather late and only got into it when Platinum came out because I didn’t have any version of the DS until a couple of months before the game came out in the US. LGPE was just bad. Legends Arceus sort of feels like what GF were trying to go for something similar with LGPE but couldn’t for some odd reason. If LGPE had played similarly to Legends then I feel like those games would’ve been better received. They were a nice distraction for a few months while we all waited patiently for SwSh to be released.

Kage-Pikachu

i meant battle tower

Pokefan_1987

i meant battle tower
Whatever you meant the Gen 4 remaster is Battle Tower instead Battle Factory just like other Sword & Shield. I don't know how similar it is but this was DMCA's and GameFreak's decision.
Still Galar's Star Tournament in the dlc is pretty good, there are almost no pokemon banned if i remember correctly like Elite 4.
It's fun seeing them interact with the player. Piers, Sordward, Shielbert and Hop are the weakest partners if i remember correctly.

Kage-Pikachu

Game Freak is annoying with all their cuts.

The Galar Star Tournament was fun but I wish the level cap was a bit higher.

Some people say they prefer Black and White 3 instead of a Black and White remake. I would love to have an updated pokemon world tournament.

The removal of pre-existing encounters is still my least favorite part of BDSP. hehe unfortunately the sales won't do much to inspire the Pokemon company. Junichi Masuda even admits to not taking customer feedback into consideration. he lost a lot of respect from me when he said the time people spend on games is less due to the multitude of free games available and they can cut features because of that. his mindset should be this "people are still willing to pay full price for ours games even though there are many free games available, we should reward our loyal customers by trying our best to give them value for their money by including as much as possible during the allotted development time"

Missingno.Fan

I wouldn’t call them the worst, but I’m not really a huge fan. I think the worst main series games are Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee. I actually never played them but they seemed overly juvenile and, quite frankly, pointless.

Litleonid

Its not that BDSP is bad, its that they just weren't ambitious enough. They were too focused on keeping it as faithful as possible, DP flaws and all. They could have added new features and tie in newer gen content like Megas or something. They could have added in Platinum content even. They didn't do any of it though. They were way too focused on making it a 1:1 remake and it didn't live up to the expectations fans had after FRLG, HGSS, and ORAS.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
SM and USUM take the worst cake. those 4, especially SM were developed too fast in an attempt to hit an anniversary celebration.

cant say much about pikachu/eevee as i dont have those but even PLA is better that SM USUM even if its more of a pain to play with open world concept.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
Its not that BDSP is bad, its that they just weren't ambitious enough. They were too focused on keeping it as faithful as possible, DP flaws and all. They could have added new features and tie in newer gen content like Megas or something. They could have added in Platinum content even. They didn't do any of it though. They were way too focused on making it a 1:1 remake and it didn't live up to the expectations fans had after FRLG, HGSS, and ORAS.
Not to mention it went back to the past. Bringing back old mechanics like running into tall grass just to make a Pokemon appear, TM's being only used once and then thats it (Gen 5 was the reason TMs could be used over and over as many times as you want), and of course back to what DP originally was instead of doing what Platinum did.