• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Be Careful, I Play Rough with Mimikyu, and Reign on People with Pelicans, with rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psilo

FanaticalPokecultist
Subtitle: "This team can phase even dragons!...because it does."
*(And I hoped you liked the ending pun of the title as well as the one's before, because this team does phase dragons with dragon tail, and by walling dragons with fairies, and reigns on the meta, with rain and Hurricanes!)
Tertiary Quote from Subtitle:
"One of the Greatest Rain Teams Ever, to Reign over the Meta."

Mew @ Expert Belt
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail...
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Zen Headbutt
I started this team with Dragon Tail Adamant Expert Belt Mew in order to have a starter phazer Mew which bluffs a special defog set and an SpA attacking offensive CM set. I rujn SD with waterfall adamant to have boosted se waterfall in rain within the current (ahahhaah, get it?...current like a waterfall?) prominently sun meta current-pphrase of meta. Zen headbutt is for STAB and hitting fighting types, since fighting meta is currently prominent, especially fighting build-archetypes sun teams as well. This team is made to counter and beat sun teams, which are currently one of the most prominent current-playstyles and (THE!) most prominent style of weather being run, with fighting type core-build sun teams being at the top of sun-team-build prominence-archetypes. This makes Mew perfect for E-belt-hitting fire types and E-belt hitting fighting types with Zen Headbutt in the current fighiting-type prominent sun-portion of Meta. I lead with Mew to explain the team since it is a lead bluff concept which phazes with a zen explanation and tails the team as a lead mon with a mood move of dragon tail which phazes pokemon to wear them down with hazards laid by Skarm.

Mimikyu @ Leftovers
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 47 HP / 152 Atk / 237 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
I run Mimikyu as a nephew brother to Mew since their related by theme and have good synergy, and since Mimikyu likes to hide and disguise itself like Mew. I run 237 SpD to sponge hits from Tapu Koko, since this is needed to take electric type attacks as well as Swampert-M on a rain team. I run 72 Spe for standard speed. 47 HP for extra spikes and SR switch ins. Leftovers is for extra recovery with the coverage hoe of drain punch, and 152 attack EV's is for hard-hitting with drain punch and a specific HP recovery with it, which is a fact made by the dividend and combined nature between the 152 attack EV's and 47 HP EV's to give a good HP recovery number from drain punch for Mimikyu 100% of the time. It's a perfect niche EV number for drain punch Mimikyu that I came up with myself. Drain Punch is also for hard-hitting Heatran after setting up, which walls this, without set up. I run bulk up as well for setting up on darks and dragons and play rough for STAB-hitting darks and dragons, which are ever-present in the meta. As well as for glue to the team, with a lower spe set-up mon. I run shadow claw for STAB-hard-hitting opposing ghosts.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 165 HP / 252 SpA / 73 SpD / 18 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Roost
I run the pelican bird-mon Pelipper to run rain to Reign over sun (haha, get it?) (as in, reign with rain?) in the currently sun-dominant-meta for Reign (haha, get it?), rain (the weather!) over Sun(!). This is literally to rain (and reign!) over sun with a slower Pelipper than the sun-setters of Ninetales and Charizard-Y to REIGN with rain OVER the sun predominant meta with other hard-hitters like the hard-hitter sweeper e-belt SD adamant Mew with waterfall for boosts of rain to adamantly (get it?, like the nature of my Mew, ahahahaha!) REIGN over all the meta with rain and hard-water-hitters like E-belt sweeper Mew and M-Swampert for a swift swim and hard-water-STAB-hitter in rain in order to pair a fast/hard-hitting sweeper of M-pert with a slower...slower-paced, sweeping hard-hitter-setting-up Mew. Hurricane on Pelipper is for STAB-hard-hitting opposing grass-counters that threaten rain teams with waters. Hydro Pump is for STAB-hard-hitting the Meta, as a whole, as well as, opposing fire pokemon, and for plowing down sun teams. Ahahahaha, get it? "Plowing down?" Like in the way Hurricane plows down grass teams. Ice beam is for grass and flying coverage, and (all!) meta coverage as well. Roost is for recovery for multiple switch-ins to set up multiple turns of 8-turns long-rain since I run Damp Rock, which makes this more efficient and gives more switch-ins by synergistically working the use of roost on this set with defog Skarmory. Little known fact btw, since defog is flying type, there is a hidden mechanical mechanism synergistic effect and affect between defog and roost, so know this all serious competitive (AND!), in-game loving hardy (ahahahahaha!) nerdy battlers on the nerd side of things. It's a hidden fact by GameFreak, to be implemented in later gens of competitive gens after this one. So be excited to be on the lookout for that. Because it will make new gens and all comp meta more interesting, which is part of why I built this team, to hint at this hidden mechanic between these two moves, because I'm curious myself since I read about it from GameFreak.

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 129 HP / 252 Atk / 127 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Power-Up Punch
I run 129 HP for SR and spike good switch0ins and a good HP number. Earthquake is for hard-hitting the meta with the concept of it's word and title with a STAB-hard-hitting EQ'ing ground pokemon. Ice punch is for grass, flying, and dragon coverage. But, it's for flying first. And then grass, and then dragon. Waterfall is for water offensive, hard-meta-hitting (All!) the Meta, especially sun. Power-up punch is for hard-hitting set-up with adamant max attack, since this low power move hits hard with adamant and max attack on M-pert to make it a fast offensive and hard-hitting and effective fast-non-set-up sweeper. 127 speed is for outspeeding the most well-known scarfers of current meta, which has to be the case for this team since it has no scarfers. This is necessary since the meta requires M-pert to be an offensive hard-hitter on this team. Power-up punch also replaces SD and bulk up, which used to be viable and allowed for M-pert in earlier metas of the current gen. It's also better since it hits fighting types to abstractly hit fighting archetype sun teams.

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 129 HP / 252 SpA / 127 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
I run Tapu-Fini to dual-fairy-tize this fantastical meta to combine the idea of fantastical fairies with fantastical "Pokémon meta since the concept of Mimikyu is a fairy and ghost pokemon that likes to hide (and!) disguise itself, just like ghosts and fairies do. These two form a dual fairy coverage core for (ALL!) the entire Meta combined with the third-spoke wheel trier-third-tier hierarchical architectural mural spoke-wheel support pokemon of defense roost support stealth rocks and spikes Skarmory. I run 129 HP for a good defensive HP number for modest and hard-hitting specs on this Tapu Fini. 252 SpA is for making Tapu Fini a moderately fast and hard-hitting wall with the 129 HP investment I came up with. Also for hard-hitting water intimidation and fairy offensive intimidation coverage, I use STAB Hydro and dazzing gleam for coverage on this versatile specs set to literally (DAZZLING GLEAM!) *(quotes to mark this as an actual little known constructional tactic only mostly known by upper up players)* all the meta. As I hinted in the previous quote, this is little known as an actual battling tactic as well as a move on certain fairy mons. I run Shadow Ball for ghost and psychic coverage.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 207 HP / 229 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Roost
- Defog
I run defensive support roost Skarm with defog to support Pelipper for many switch-ins and not nil the effects of roost, and to take advantage of it instead. This is to prolong how many turns I have rain, and reign with it, a hidden theme of the sub-theme of the title of my team. I have stealth rocks and spikes to set for d-tail Mew, for wearing down the entirety of teams to win. Spikes and stealth rocks with a phazer are always a sure-set win condition, and make winning games very sure and easy. I run Impish to have this as a steel and third-spoke wall. This is a winning-wall that can stall out teams in the end as well since it has roost and moves with high PP. That is to say it can win easily in a stall match when both players are down to one mon. 207 HP EV's is for a powerful HP amount number. 72 spe is for classically-moderately outspeeding similar-speed-tier pokemon.

Conclusion: This team, in addition to being a perfect rain team, and perfect rain counter for all the meta, and perfect combat counter to the predominant sun meta (especially sun teams with fighting archetype builds), is a perfect counter to the current dragon-heavy meta as well, with the combination of my two fairy mons, Tapu Fini and Mimikyu, as well as with my steel defensive wall-pokemon, Skarmory to antithetically combine with the concept of a non-dragon d-tailer with e-belt to phase even dragons.

And by the phrase "phase even dragons," I also mean that as a languagological simile to say that this team can play tricks on even some of the best players and get you very high on the ladder, so some can consider this a #1 ladder team by hypothetical forefact, which is a concept of very good teams before laddering to #1 with them.
So by saying that, I wish to give this team the subtitle, "This squad can phase even Dragons!" Because it just occurred to me. And by "even dragons" I also mean, some of the best players with the calmest mentalities, which can sometimes be hard to beat, unless you are calm like me.

Replays:
Great replay of an excellent game against Rairyan, who's as always, a great battler, and a very good team builder.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-828554131

Last edited:

Psilo

FanaticalPokecultist
Guys, seriously, good rates only please. I'm tired of people making comments on these to people whom are good enough to form and come up with their own custom EV's. It's annoying. Good rates only are appreciated. Custom EV's are a thing, EK, so you should know that. Limit your non-essential rates to people who can't tell the difference between good rates and bad ones. I only appreciate well-constructed rates and responses to teams like these. Also, you hinted you didn't know much about singles, so why would you even make that comment if you don't have the knowledge to back that up? Hmmmm, I should really petition with others to limit RMT to good respectful rates, because that's what's expected of the site, and all I post with, so others should as well. Oh, and I did explain my EV's, so you should've read better, unless you just posted that to be annoying, which I have noticed people doing on this site these days. Site etiquette is important people, so follow it. Comments like EK's where they don't contribute are detrimental to good site respect, so be nice people. It's a respect of all clan etiquette. I am very serious when it comes to EV's since good EV spreads are a very important thing to team-building. Not having standard 252, 252 EV's doesn't mean they don't make sense. That is the most preposterous thing I've ever heard from anyone, EK. I mean, anyone! And I'm laughing about it because it's such a stupid notion. So please only have good rates for people. And have politeness for good and kind players whom are serious about etiquette, like me, and others. It was very rude of you to suggest I don't know team-building because I am actually known for being very good at it. Some would say this team is excellent. So your response proves you don't know much about competitive battling, which disappoints me because good battlers like me don't have anything bad against anyone and really just only appreciate good battles and cleverness. The attitude you displayed in your comment is very disappointing. So be more apt to be polite and leave an actual good rate next time.
-Psilo

Last edited:

Psilo

FanaticalPokecultist
Oh, thanks. Please leave good rates other raters and players! I am not against criticism btw, which is why I posted the team and so desperately ask for (GOOD!) RATES. For this already excellent team, because even it can use advice. LOL Many good players I talked to already said this team was good btw, which is also why I posted. So thanks for posting with good discussion. I love rates, advice, and criticism! Which is why I play, battle, have fun, and post rmt's. So thanks for the rates, anyway! Have a blessed day! :) Oh, and custom EV's are very important for everything in team building, especially stall teams, so keep that in mind since you play, ek, I just built a stall team to rmt later to prove this, as I was inspired by the bold-headedness of your post ek, I'll post it in a week or two cus I don't want to over-post in rmt. Have a blessed day, poster above me, ek!
:D
|0|
-Psilo

*Note to admins, I did not double-post. The other poster deleted his post. :(

Last edited:

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Mew @ Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail...
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Zen Headbutt
I started this team with Dragon Tail Adamant Expert Belt Mew in order to have a starter phazer Mew which bluffs a special defog set and an SpA attacking offensive CM set. I rujn SD with waterfall adamant to have boosted se waterfall in rain within the current (ahahhaah, get it?...current like a waterfall?) prominently sun meta current-pphrase of meta. Zen headbutt is for STAB and hitting fighting types, since fighting meta is currently prominent, especially fighting build-archetypes sun teams as well. This team is made to counter and beat sun teams, which are currently one of the most prominent current-playstyles and (THE!) most prominent style of weather being run, with fighting type core-build sun teams being at the top of sun-team-build prominence-archetypes[you've already talked about fighting types and sun teams in this way]. This makes Mew perfect for E-belt-hitting fire types and E-belt hitting fighting types with Zen Headbutt in the current fighiting-type prominent sun-portion of Meta. I lead with Mew to explain the team since it is a lead bluff concept which phazes with a zen explanation and tails the team as a lead mon with a mood move of dragon tail which phazes pokemon to wear them down with hazards laid by Skarm.

Mimikyu @ Leftovers
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 47 HP / 152 Atk / 237 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
I run Mimikyu as a nephew brother to Mew since their related by theme and have good synergy, and since Mimikyu likes to hide and disguise itself like Mew. I run 237 SpD to sponge hits from Tapu Koko, since this is needed to take electric type attacks as well as Swampert-M on a rain team. I run 72 Spe for standard speed. 47 HP for extra spikes and SR switch ins. Leftovers is for extra recovery with the coverage hoe of drain punch, and 152 attack EV's is for hard-hitting with drain punch and a specific HP recovery with it, which is a fact made by the dividend and combined nature between the 152 attack EV's and 47 HP EV's to give a good HP recovery number from drain punch for Mimikyu 100% of the time. It's a perfect niche EV number for drain punch Mimikyu that I came up with myself. Drain Punch is also for hard-hitting Heatran after setting up, which walls this, without set up. I run bulk up as well for setting up on darks and dragons and play rough for STAB-hitting darks and dragons, which are ever-present in the meta. As well as for glue to the team, with a lower spe set-up mon. I run shadow claw for STAB-hard-hitting opposing ghosts.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 165 HP / 252 SpA / 73 SpD / 18 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Hurricane on Pelipper is for STAB-hard-hitting opposing grass-counters that threaten rain teams with waters. Hydro Pump is for STAB-hard-hitting the Meta, as a whole, as well as, opposing fire pokemon, and for plowing down sun teams.Like in the way Hurricane plows down grass teams. Ice beam is for grass and flying coverage, and (all!) meta coverage as well. Roost is for recovery for multiple switch-ins to set up multiple turns of 8-turns long-rain since I run Damp Rock, which makes this more efficient and gives more switch-ins by synergistically working the use of roost on this set with defog Skarmory. Little known fact btw, since defog is flying type, there is a hidden mechanical mechanism synergistic effect and affect between defog and roost, so know this all serious competitive (AND!), in-game loving hardy (ahahahahaha!) nerdy battlers on the nerd side of things. It's a hidden fact by GameFreak, to be implemented in later gens of competitive gens after this one. So be excited to be on the lookout for that. Because it will make new gens and all comp meta more interesting, which is part of why I built this team, to hint at this hidden mechanic between these two moves, because I'm curious myself since I read about it from GameFreak.

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 129 HP / 252 Atk / 127 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Power-Up Punch
I run 129 HP for SR and spike good switch0ins and a good HP number. Earthquake is for hard-hitting the meta with the concept of it's word and title with a STAB-hard-hitting EQ'ing ground pokemon. Ice punch is for grass, flying, and dragon coverage. But, it's for flying first. And then grass, and then dragon. Waterfall is for water offensive, hard-meta-hitting (All!) the Meta, especially sun. Power-up punch is for hard-hitting set-up with adamant max attack, since this low power move hits hard with adamant and max attack on M-pert to make it a fast offensive and hard-hitting and effective fast-non-set-up sweeper. 127 speed is for outspeeding the most well-known scarfers of current meta, which has to be the case for this team since it has no scarfers. This is necessary since the meta requires M-pert to be an offensive hard-hitter on this team. Power-up punch also replaces SD and bulk up, which used to be viable and allowed for M-pert in earlier metas of the current gen. It's also better since it hits fighting types to abstractly hit fighting archetype sun teams.

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 129 HP / 252 SpA / 127 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
I run Tapu-Fini to dual-fairy-tize this fantastical meta to combine the idea of fantastical fairies with fantastical "Pokémon meta since the concept of Mimikyu is a fairy and ghost pokemon that likes to hide (and!) disguise itself, just like ghosts and fairies do. These two form a dual fairy coverage core for (ALL!) the entire Meta combined with the third-spoke wheel trier-third-tier hierarchical architectural mural spoke-wheel support pokemon of defense roost support stealth rocks and spikes Skarmory. I run 129 HP for a good defensive HP number for modest and hard-hitting specs on this Tapu Fini. 252 SpA is for making Tapu Fini a moderately fast and hard-hitting wall with the 129 HP investment I came up with. Also for hard-hitting water intimidation and fairy offensive intimidation coverage, I use STAB Hydro and dazzing gleam for coverage on this versatile specs set to literally (DAZZLING GLEAM!) *(quotes to mark this as an actual little known constructional tactic only mostly known by upper up players)* all the meta. As I hinted in the previous quote, this is little known as an actual battling tactic as well as a move on certain fairy mons. I run Shadow Ball for ghost and psychic coverage.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 207 HP / 229 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Roost
- Defog
I run defensive support roost Skarm with defog to support Pelipper for many switch-ins and not nil the effects of roost, and to take advantage of it instead. This is to prolong how many turns I have rain, and reign with it, a hidden theme of the sub-theme of the title of my team. I have stealth rocks and spikes to set for d-tail Mew, for wearing down the entirety of teams to win. Spikes and stealth rocks with a phazer are always a sure-set win condition, and make winning games very sure and easy. I run Impish to have this as a steel and third-spoke wall. This is a winning-wall that can stall out teams in the end as well since it has roost and moves with high PP. That is to say it can win easily in a stall match when both players are down to one mon. 207 HP EV's is for a powerful HP amount number. 72 spe is for classically-moderately outspeeding similar-speed-tier pokemon.

Conclusion: This team, in addition to being a perfect rain team, and perfect rain counter for all the meta, and perfect combat counter to the predominant sun meta (especially sun teams with fighting archetype builds), is a perfect counter to the current dragon-heavy meta as well, with the combination of my two fairy mons, Tapu Fini and Mimikyu, as well as with my steel defensive wall-pokemon, Skarmory to antithetically combine with the concept of a non-dragon d-tailer with e-belt to phase even dragons.

And by the phrase "phase even dragons," I also mean that as a languagological simile to say that this team can play tricks on even some of the best players and get you very high on the ladder, so some can consider this a #1 ladder team by hypothetical forefact, which is a concept of very good teams before laddering to #1 with them.
So by saying that, I wish to give this team the subtitle, "This squad can phase even Dragons!" Because it just occurred to me. And by "even dragons" I also mean, some of the best players with the calmest mentalities, which can sometimes be hard to beat, unless you are calm like me.

Replays:
Great replay of an excellent game against Rairyan, who's as always, a great battler, and a very good team builder.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-828554131
Oh, thanks. Please leave good rates other raters and players! I am not against criticism btw, which is why I posted the team and so desperately ask for (GOOD!) RATES. For this already excellent team, because even it can use advice. LOL Many good players I talked to already said this team was good btw, which is also why I posted. So thanks for posting with good discussion. I love rates, advice, and criticism! Which is why I play, battle, have fun, and post rmt's. So thanks for the rates, anyway! Have a blessed day! :) Oh, and custom EV's are very important for everything in team building, especially stall teams, so keep that in mind since you play, ek, I just built a stall team to rmt later to prove this, as I was inspired by the bold-headedness of your post ek, I'll post it in a week or two cus I don't want to over-post in rmt. Have a blessed day, poster above me, ek!
:D
|0|
-Psilo

*Note to admins, I did not double-post. The other poster deleted his post. :(

Hey :) It's great that you believe your team is 'already excellent', but appreciate that not everyone else will think the same! If nobody could say anything 'bad' about a team, then RMTs as a whole wouldn't be very useful. The whole point is to acknowledge that other people may have recommendations as to how the team can be even better.

I should say good job on the presentation of this compared with the previous one, a lot easier to read, thanks for paragraphing and adding images :) This said, it is still hard to read the descriptions in places (too many puns breaks the flow and you repeat yourself a bit).
I analyse in some depth the team below and leave final recommendations at the bottom of this post

Mew
Mew @ Expert Belt

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail...
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Zen Headbutt
I started this team with Dragon Tail Adamant Expert Belt Mew in order to have a starter phazer Mew which bluffs a special defog set and an SpA attacking offensive CM set. I rujn SD with waterfall adamant to have boosted se waterfall in rain within the current (ahahhaah, get it?...current like a waterfall?) prominently sun meta current-pphrase of meta. Zen headbutt is for STAB and hitting fighting types, since fighting meta is currently prominent, especially fighting build-archetypes sun teams as well. This team is made to counter and beat sun teams, which are currently one of the most prominent current-playstyles and (THE!) most prominent style of weather being run, with fighting type core-build sun teams being at the top of sun-team-build prominence-archetypes[you've already talked about fighting types and sun teams in this way]. This makes Mew perfect for E-belt-hitting fire types and E-belt hitting fighting types with Zen Headbutt in the current fighiting-type prominent sun-portion of Meta. I lead with Mew to explain the team since it is a lead bluff concept which phazes with a zen explanation and tails the team as a lead mon with a mood move of dragon tail which phazes pokemon to wear them down with hazards laid by Skarm.
Alright, a few things I want to highlight here (in bold).
1. Explain why you chose your EVs to be: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe , instead of a more simple offensive spread of 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe.
Remember that MetalSonic and I raised this in your previous RMT: it is super important that you justify why those 28 HP EVs are important on your Mew. Is it to live a certain attack? This needs an answer!! If this is a phazing set with Dragon Tail, you might want a more EVs in HP and Defence and not Attack, since it sounds like the hazards will be doing more of the work for Mew.

2. You mention a sun and fighting-type prominent meta a bunch but you don't say which meta, or any fighting types you had in mind for this set.
Sun and Fighting types (last time I checked anyway) are currently uncommon in OU, so it would be great if you were a bit more specific here as well.

3. Concerning the set itself:Is Mew a Phazer or a Sweeper? If you really want to use Mew as a phazer with Dragon Tail, consider a recovery move like Roost instead of Swords Dance. since Mew will be fainting very quickly otherwise. I'd also be tempted to run a special moves (such as Scald and Psychic/Psyshock ) instead of waterfall and zen headbutt, since scald burns allow you to inflict more passive damage alongside skarmory's hazards, whilst letting you click dragontail more freely verses burnt physical attackers. Also: Landorus-T's Intimidate will often be reducing the power of both moves. Zen Headbutt can also miss, which could be bad against some some strong types in the meta such as Hawlucha and Mega Lopunny, who have the ability to 2hko this offensive Mew.
OR replace dragon tail with another move, and teach skarm whirlwind, and let that be your phazer instead?

Basically,I think you should choose between a SD sweeping offensive Mew or a defensive Dragon Tail Phazing one, as the set currently tries to do both.

Swampert + Pelipper
A tried-and-true offensive Rain Core this generation, your movesets look fine. Pelipper's description was very hard to read though: try to stick to the just explaining the sets! Again, the reason why your EV spreads look the way they do is missing, or only half explained. What's the fastest significant scarfer that Mega Swampert outspeeds, for example?
And WHY 127 EVs? Stats only increase by 1 point per every 4 EVs, in other words you are wasting EVs by not setting it to a multiple of 4 like 124 or 128.
You give odd EVs to a bunch of the team and it makes no sense. EXPLAINNN.

Mimikyu
I cannot get behind your justification for your sp.def investment on Mimikyu. because:
252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 47 HP / 237+ SpD Mimikyu in Electric Terrain: (48.4 - 57.2%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 44 HP / 236+ SpD Mimikyu in Electric Terrain: (48.4 - 57.2%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Note the damage taken is exactly the same for both Mimikyu! Your EV spread (top) wastes EVs, unlike the bottom.

Regardless,taking damage between 48% and 57% is not what I'd describe as 'spong[ing] hits from Tapu Koko'. This calc is a potential 3hko, but this assumes a lot of things about Tapu Koko: no life orb, no choice specs, no electrium Z and finally, not physical.
With these added, Mimikyu becomes an even less suitable answer:
0- Atk Life Orb Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. 44 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu in Electric Terrain: (88.1 - 104.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery;
252 SpA Tapu Koko Special Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 44 HP / 236+ SpD Mimikyu in Electric Terrain: (93.1 - 109.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
Noting also how much damage this Mimikyu does in return:
152 Atk Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 120-142 (42.7 - 50.5%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO;
we can say that there are better ways of beating Tapu Koko than Mimikyu. Unless there are other reasons you are using Mimikyu other than Koko, I'd suggest a replacement Koko answer in this slot!

Tapu Fini
Definitely run Moonblast over Dazzling Gleam, there is zero reason to run Dazzling Gleam on Fini unless you're in doubles. Moonblast hits harder(95 BP, not 80 BP, and has a high chance (30%) of lowering special attack.

Skarmory
Apart from EVs, set looks alright providing you avoid taunt users. As said in Mew analysis, Whirlwind might work somewhere, so that you actually force damage on your opponent and prevent them setting up on you, should they realise you cannot touch them. Whirlwind would be an option over spikes or stealth rock (roost and defog seem too important).

Conclusion

Important things to note:
1.Your EVs should be allocated to stats in multiples of 4. If they aren't you waste EVs,simple as that.
2. The team is very electric weak. Your Mimikyu is only a check to Tapu Koko with Disguise intact. Swampert only beats non-GrassKnot variants. You need a good electric switchin not weak to grass or ice.
3. Ferrothorn does very well against your rain team, so find a good way to defeat it.

A good grass type is probably the place to start,replacing Mimikyu. Something able to face off against Tapu Koko and stalemate Ferrothorn. Off the top of my head: Grass or Grass /Poison types like Tangrowth/Amoonguss/ Vileplume.

I could go on but I think that's enough to begin with!!! I like the idea behind the team, and personally see room to make it better at handling some of its current weaknesses.
I hope this all helps!

Last edited:

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
From my own know-how on this so far...

Mew doesn't need aqua tail with it already having waterfall (waterfall is better and doesn't miss, as well). You may want to think of a better move for that slot.

Mimkyu with Bulk Up? Go with Swords Dance. And Shadow Claw should also be Shadow Sneak. Trust me, i've seen this enough on showdown to know it works.

Find a better water move than Hydro Pump for Tapu Fini, Hydro Pump misses a lot.

Non attacking Skarmory....hmn.....well, i don't have to wisdom to know what to say about this one yet, but somehow I duno if he's all that good. I'm thinking one move needs to be toxic; that+roost COULD be deadly.

And there is my two cents here.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I started this team with Dragon Tail Adamant Expert Belt Mew in order to have a starter phazer Mew which bluffs a special defog set and an SpA attacking offensive CM set. I rujn SD with waterfall adamant to have boosted se waterfall in rain within the current (ahahhaah, get it?...current like a waterfall?) prominently sun meta current-pphrase of meta. Zen headbutt is for STAB and hitting fighting types, since fighting meta is currently prominent, especially fighting build-archetypes sun teams as well. This team is made to counter and beat sun teams, which are currently one of the most prominent current-playstyles and (THE!) most prominent style of weather being run, with fighting type core-build sun teams being at the top of sun-team-build prominence-archetypes.

What format is this for? As far as I'm aware Sun hasn't been relevant playstyle, let alone a prominent one, since Gen 5 (and even then was overshadowed by Rain, which simply has more utility and access to more threats than Sun). I also can't think of a Fighting-type you'd commonly see on Sun except for perhaps the occasional Terrakion or Infernape or something (or maybe Blaziken if this is a format where it is usable).

Anyways this team is, uh... Unconventional. Let me preface this rating by saying that Rain is a highly formulaic playstyle with very little room for deviating from the standard options while still retaining optimal performance, and most of my rate is going to boil down to "use a standard Rain team", which no offense but this team is not. You've got a good Rain core, but then you've gone ahead and filled it out with Pokemon that really don't fit onto this team, or the Rain playstyle in general. I understand you might want to preserve the uniqueness of your team so I will at least offer alternative sets that will work better than the ones you're using now, but if you really want the best performance possible out of this team, running more conventional Pokemon altogether is going to get you the best results.

Anyways, we'll start with Mew and Mimikyu. What are the 28 HP EVs letting you survive? You should consider either moving them into Speed to at least tie with the crowded base 100 Speed tier, or even moving 28 EVs from Attack into Speed for the same reason if the 28 HP EVs are actually doing something for you. Dragon Tail is also a poor option on an offensive Mew set, I would recommend an alterntive option such as Earthquake or Drain Punch. Mimikyu's EV spread is also weird (all your EV spreads are strange... All EVs should be divisible by 4 to start with), just run max/max Attack and Speed.

Mimikyu is alright, but Swords Dance > Bulk Up and Shadow Sneak > Drain Punch. Drain Punch overs no notable coverage outside of the almost never seen Pyroar, and Swords Dance is a much better boosting move on a Pokemon that gets a single free turn.

Either way, these two Pokemon really don't fit onto the Rain archetype. A more conventional duo would be Tapu Koko and Hawlucha.

tapu-koko.gif

Tapu Koko @ Tapunium-Z
Timid - Electric Surge
4 Defence, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
-Thunder
-Nature's Madness
-Taunt
-U-Turn

Rain always appreciates a Thunder user to break down opponents like Celesteela and bulky Water types like Toxapex. Tapu Koko is one of if not the best Thunder user in the tier thanks to Electric Surge. This is my personal favorite set to use on Rain teams as it lures some of the most common Rain checks, such as Ferrothorn and Tangrowth, in as they normally check Tapu Koko as well. This allows you to heavily chunk them with Guardian of Alola, stripping them of 75% of their health and putting them in easy KO range of your sweepers. Taunt prevents recovery and setup attempts, and U-Turn allows you to pivot out of predicted switchins into an appropriate switchin of your own. Volt Switch may be tempting for the higher damage output, but U-Turn is generally preferable as nothing is immune to it, allowing you to pivot out of suspected incoming Ground-types like Landorus-Therian and Gastrodon.

hawlucha.gif

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant - Unburden
96 HP, 252 Attack, 36 Sp. Def, 124 Speed
-Acrobatics
-High Jump Kick
-Swords Dance
-Roost

Meet Tapu Koko's partner in crime, Hawlucha. Terrain Seed Hawlucha gets excellent synergy with any Tapu, but it fits in especially well on Rain teams as it makes an excellent counterpart to Mega Swampert as well, setting up on many of its checks. The EV spread allows Hawlucha to survive a Moonblast from Clefable, with the rest being poured into Attack and Speed to maximize his sweeping potential. After Unburden activates, he outpaces all unboosted Pokemon in the tier. Acrobatics and High Jump Kick are high-powered STAB options with great coverage. Swords Dance boosts his mediocre Attack to scary levels, and Roost allows him to set up on Pokemon like defensive Landorus-Therian and Celesteela after the Electric Seed boost.

Pelipper and Swampert aren't terrible outside of their EV spreads (248 HP, 144 Def, 116 Sp. Def on Pelipper, max/max Attack and Speed on Swampert), but there's a bit of room for optimization in their movesets as well. Pelipper should ideally be running a bulky support set with Damp Rock, so running a moveset of Scald / Roost / Defog / U-Turn or Hurricane is going to get you better results. Swampert's moveset is alright, but I would strongly recommend either Stealth Rock or Superpower over Power-Up Punch. Swampert isn't going to have many opportunities to set up with it, and even when it gets free switches, it should ideally just be firing off attacks, or setting up Stealth Rock. Also running any EV spread on Swampert to compensate for Stealth Rock is pointless as it resists Rock.​

Specs Tapu Fini is kind of a neat set from early SM but unfortunately it doesn't really hold up in the current meta. I'd recommend either Kingdra or Ash-Greninja in its place. I'm slightly more inclined towards Ash-Gren on this team but either one could really work.

greninja-ash.gif

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Timid - Battle Bond
4 Def, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
-Hydro Pump
-Dark Pulse
-Water Shuriken
-Spikes / Ice Beam

This is Ash-Gren's flagship set and it honestly doesn't get much simpler. Once you get a KO, you've got a Pokemon with an excellent Speed tier and a Choice Specs boosted base 153 Sp. Atk, with one of the strongest priority moves in the game further boosted by Rain. That's going to do some serious damage, especially against offensive teams. There's no real need to run anything other than his STABs and Water Shuriken, and so Spikes is usually used as filler for the last slot, and to set up hazards on suspected switches, but if you're carrying Spikes on another Pokemon (and you might be), Ice Beam is a decent alternative that hits opponents such as Tangrowth.

Lastly we get to Skarmory, who is quite heavily outclassed by Ferrothorn on Rain teams thanks to the latter's typing and ability to pivot into many common threats to Rain that Skarmory can't handle, such as Tapu Koko and Zapdos. I'd strongly recommend Ferrothorn in its place.

ferrothorn.gif

Ferrothorn @ Iapapa Berry
Sassy - Iron Barbs
252 HP, 52 Def, 204 Sp. Def
0 Speed IVs
-Gyro Ball
-Knock Off
-Leech Seed
-Stealth Rock / Spikes / Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn is sort of the glue that holds Rain teams together by pivoting into so many of the threats that Rain teams fear, as well as being able to carry hazards and support its team with Leech seed. This is my preferred set, you could opt to tweak the EV spread depending on what specifically you want to deal with, and Power Whip > Gyro Ball is an option to consider as well. The last slot depends heavily on what moves you carry on Swampert and Ash-Gren. If you aren't carrying Stealth Rock on Swampert, Ferrothorn should be carrying it. If you do have Stealth Rock on Swampert, but don't have Spikes on Ash-Greninja, Ferrothorn should carry Spikes instead. If you're using both Stealth Rock on Swampert and Spikes on Ash-Gren, Ferrothorn can carry a filler move like Thunder Wave, but note the poor synergy between Thunder Wave and Gyro Ball and try to avoid paralyzing frail opponents such as Mega Alakazam as it can allow them to avoid a KO from Gyro Ball.
Anyways, hope some of this helped. Good luck!

EDIT: Just realized this was necrobumped, sorry.

EDIT 2: After reading the rest of the comments on this thread I realized OP was just trolling anyways. You got me, have a good day sir.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Locking this as it's been over 60 days since its last post and it was necrobumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.