• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bea, the Lone Warrior! The Grapploct Menace!! (1123)

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/1297468043413479425

Gou: "Satoshi dont getting carried away!"
Satoshi: "Dont worry! Remember that I won againts Korrina who also the same fighting type gym leader?"
Saito: "Korrina?"
Satoshi: "Do you know her?!"
Saito: "I had battle with her once... she's too naive"
Satoshi: "What do you mean!?"

Ah, so this is the dialogue about Korrina.

Pikachu and Dragonite would have probably done a lot better, potentially even won.

This loss is kinda realistic when you take into account Ash was using his weakest Pokemon on his current team.
But now we don't know how strong she really is compared to Korrina since Ash beat her with Pikachu and Dragonite.
Statistically this is ash's worst loss in an important matchsince he was oblitierated by tobias 6-2 which is his worst defeat to date, the rest of loss after that was pretty normal.
The loss vs Cameron was pretty bad too.

Rohanator

Sad Farfetch'd didn't get a win but at least it sets up a more intense rematch against Hawlucha, that's ultimately better than an easy win here imo, I love it when the Pokemon themselves feel emotionally invested into the battle, I wanna see some determined duck.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
The loss vs Cameron was pretty bad too.

It was still very close 6-4 with lucario on his last legs, besides it as humiliating tha crushing defeat, here he didn't stand chance

I think they have setup a rematch with ash challenging her with serfetch'd and lucario with lucario starring and getting a sweet payback for korrina's lucario and the insults hurled on her. I hope ash challenges her once or twice and loses again this time close match before finally beating her.

Did Bea really call Korrina naive? She just summed Korrina's character in one sentence. I am glad she didn't call her stupid though, that would be too brutal even though she was like that.

I want to see Farfetch'd get a win before evolving. Not sure if that will happen or not.

It was still very close 6-4 with lucario on his last legs, besides it as humiliating tha crushing defeat, here he didn't stand chance

I think they have setup a rematch with ash challenging her with serfetch'd and lucario with lucario starring and getting a sweet payback for korrina's lucario and the insults hurled on her. I hope ash challenges her once or twice and loses again this time close match before finally beating her.

Only Korrina can get revenge for herself. Ash beating Bea would do nothing for Korrina, she will still be regarded as a weak trainer.

The loss against Cameron wasn't humiliating, at least no for Ash but it was still a bad loss. Not as bad as Tobias or Paul(4-0) but still very bad.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness

I can totally see the rematch being set for Super Rank Finale (to advance to top 100).
Sad it will be against a fighting type specjalist but still:)

Decidueye23

I loved this. Bea was strong. Real strong.if he used dragonite nd pikachu he could have won but its nice that they ve set up a nice arc for the weaker mons on his ten to get strong. I hope the rematch happens at stow on sidew

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
I'm annoyed Ash didn't get a single win here. That was just too cruel for the writers to do. Did Tomioka want Ash to lose THIS badly to Bea?

And yay for lack of Go focus? I mean he didn't catch anything but he was gifted a Hitmonchan.....I'm fine with it.

Haven't things been going way too good for Ash though? And it's not like he straight-up lost without putting up a fight. Both Farfetch'd and Riolu fought hard.

All in all, this was a good episode. Sure, it looks like Ash isn't completely depressed by the next episode's preview, but I can let that slide since he probably hasn't battled anyone since then.

In the meantime... I think they portrayed Bea's character here perfectly. I was a little upset that she insulted Korrina, but given that she was able to beat a Mega Evolution without one herself... I think that proves enough.

Her voice was fun to listen to, too. I bet when Ash beats her eventually, she'll finally let off a smile.

dman_dustin

Bea had to defeat Korrina before Ash had his battle with her.

Because it was after, and Bea just swam through the ranks as it were, I have doubts of Ash being able to do so well against Grapploct using Riolu.

I mean Dragonite was a powerhouse in that battle and barely beat Mega Lucario, I doubt Riolu is on Dragonite's level.

Another reason I'm annoyed by Bea defeating Korrina. Absolutely unnecessary. Creates unnecessary drama for the sake of drama. And the power difference doesn't make sense.

Bea should've been able to OHKO for the most part Riolu, if Bea was able to beat her Mega Lucario, so I'm assuming the only way it makes sense without completely throwing Korrina under the bus is that Bea defeated Korrina first then Korrina lost to Ash later with Dragonite where Korrina made up for that gap by quite a margin (and Bea stagnated a bit), because I can't imagine Dragonite losing to Bea's as closely as it did with Mega Lucario.

Is Korrina just slacking or something? Because I don't understand why Ash's Riolu managed to last as long as it did. Did Bea barely defeat Korrina somehow, maybe using some other more powerful Pokemon than Grapploct like Machamp or something? And Grapploct is Bea's equivalent to Ash's Riolu whereas Bea used her Dragonite equivalent against Korrina.

I'm so confused. Thanks Tomioka, you had to throw Korrina into this, didn't you?

Goh got his Hitmonchan from beating the Black Belt. Since both Ash and the BB lost to Bea, this means Goh is officiallly stronger than Ash. /s
No.....but funny joke.

Haven't things been going way too good for Ash though? And it's not like he straight-up lost without putting up a fight. Both Farfetch'd and Riolu fought hard.
The Korrina jab is what's throwing me off.

I could've justified Ash's loss by Ash relying on his weakest members but Riolu did pretty well against Grapploct in a way that doesn't make sense to me.

Ash losing made sense because of the Pokemon he used, but these are the instances I'm going to hate about PWC, is that Ash has to be ranked "lower" as it were because he loses, when this match should've been unofficial.

Granted "unofficial" means that it has no stakes, but that comes at the cost of really training his Pokemon in a REAL battling scenario.

My issue is that this comes after Ash beating Kukui in an epic full battle. I'm not really seeing that "trainer level" of Ash.

I don't know if Ash has to work within the limitations of his Pokemon, but I feel like "Alolan Champion" Ash could've at least closed the gap a little better than what was shown here.

Which means I don't like his Pokemon being portrayed weak just because they are weak. What the hell's the point in training if there's no positive outcome for that training.

Guess Dragonite has to step in, until Farfetch'd and Riolu can hold their own even almost defeating it before they are ready.

This is also a wall situation. The PWC isn't going to be easier the longer it goes, its meant to get progressively more difficult. Ash losing this relatively early because he used his weakest Pokemon, is not really compelling of a loss to me in that Bea didn't deserve to "beat" Ash. Because she didn't beat "Ash" at his best.

I guess that's how it works when trainers decide to use apparently the wrong Pokemon.

I just think it would've been better if they didn't bring Korrina into this.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Only Korrina can get revenge for herself. Ash beating Bea would do nothing for Korrina, she will still be regarded as a weak trainer.

The loss against Cameron wasn't humiliating, at least no for Ash but it was still a bad loss. Not as bad as Tobias or Paul(4-0) but still very bad.

The loss against cameron was humiliating loss, paul and tobias were strong badass trainers while cameron was an idiot trainer who didn't bother to bring 8 pokemon in unnoa legue and thought it takes place in johto region, his loss was the writing at its absolute worst, hence i call it humiliating.

Also bea looks like a girl who is a no nonsense person who will say it straight right to your face, she is already one of my favorites we needed a female character like her in the show for a long time.

Go was able to beat the Karate Master? How weak was he?

Because it was after, and Bea just swam through the ranks as it were, I have doubts of Ash being able to do so well against Grapploct using Riolu.

I mean Dragonite was a powerhouse in that battle and barely beat Mega Lucario, I doubt Riolu is on Dragonite's level.

Another reason I'm annoyed by Bea defeating Korrina. Absolutely unnecessary. Creates unnecessary drama for the sake of drama. And the power difference doesn't make sense.

Bea should've been able to OHKO for the most part Riolu, if Bea was able to beat her Mega Lucario, so I'm assuming the only way it makes sense without completely throwing Korrina under the bus is that Bea defeated Korrina first then Korrina lost to Ash later with Dragonite where Korrina made up for that gap by quite a margin (and Bea stagnated a bit), because I can't imagine Dragonite losing to Bea's as closely as it did with Mega Lucario.

Is Korrina just slacking or something? Because I don't understand why Ash's Riolu managed to last as long as it did. Did Bea barely defeat Korrina somehow, maybe using some other more powerful Pokemon than Grapploct like Machamp or something? And Grapploct is Bea's equivalent to Ash's Riolu whereas Bea used her Dragonite equivalent against Korrina.

I'm so confused. Thanks Tomioka, you had to throw Korrina into this, didn't you?

It makes sense though, doesn't it? They reintroduced Korrina into the series just to show how weak she is compared to Bea. People thought Korrina was strong and all but Bea not only beat her but also called her naive. That's a nice setup if you think about it. What other trainer can serve this purpose better? There are a few but the list is too small and nobody wants to see the likes of Wulfric or Roxie back.

Last edited:

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Was not expecting Goh to leave this episode with anything.

It's too bad that his victory against the karate master was off-screened.

This was his first official match since Hoji, coming off of the victory against team rocket last week.

Yago_jm

This battle was a huge middle finger in Ash's face, I'm sure a lot of us expected him to at least beat Hawlucha before losing.
I really want to see G. Farfetch'd and Riolu already evolved by the time of their very likely rematch.

It's a good point for a loss here since it's still early in this season and Ash has plenty of time to get higher ranks again, but I can't help wondering how Bea would deal with Dragonite and Dragon Dance.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!

Um... maybe she didn't use Grapploct in that battle against Korrina? I mean, think about it. We know Bea's going to debut G-Max Machamp in the anime, so she obviously has one. I'm guessing that Grapploct and Hawlucha aren't her strongest, despite being hyped up in this episode.

And Ash has trained Riolu extensively as we've seen on-screen. Farfetch'd not so much, which is why he suffered that tough loss. And even with training, Riolu's still young and stubborn. Of course he won't go down without a fight.

Look, you don't have to agree with me. I honestly take the episode as is and roll with whatever may come next. *sighs* And here I thought it'd be interesting to know that a Fighting-type gym leader like Bea had actually beaten a Mega Evolution...

YelST

watch Roukin
Ash needed that loss, and it doesn't compromise Pikachu or Dragonite's integrity as being among Ash's strongest Pokémon.

I feel he's going to start doubting himself moving forward and get some great character development out of it.