• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bea, the Lone Warrior! The Grapploct Menace!! (1123)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Yeah, but the fights they had were still amazing & showed that Farfetch'd & Riolu still need more training. If anything, the fact that they didn't get swept made the matches even better in my opinion. It showed how they gave their 110% yet were still overpowered by their opponents. To me, that earns them my upmost respect and now I'm hoping they'll take on Bea's pokemon again once they get stronger
Well, they did actually get swept... just not without doing damage. The only part that sucked is how unimpressed Bea was throughout the match. If they at least got a good compliment outta Bea for the effort they put in, the lose might not have stung as much, but she never once felt like she wasn't in control of the whole thing... at least from what I can tell.

That being said, should Ash rematch her (and I think he will), his victory will indeed feel much more satisfying, even though he won't dominate the battle and likely come out with a hard fought win.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Didn't really like this episode, just waaay to much talking for being in a training dojo imo. Felt like the episode dragged on the entire time, and this battle was somehow longer than some of the big battles they hyped up at the beginning of the series.. Also really don't like Bea that much, maybe they'll show more personality later on, but it just felt like Ash was getting mad about her lack of showmanship and everything sort of felt forced. Don't really care that Ash lost, the battle just dragged on when we all knew what was going to happen. Riolu just came off as a brat, but at least G-Farfetch'd had a good quick battle that showed off how he can flip around on the ground and didn't drag on whatsoever.

Also never really like hawlucha, machoke could have been a fun time too.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Just that "Im gonna battle and Im gonna win" type deal. I think Riolu needs to cool it off a little bit, but obviously this is all build up to him becoming an extremely powerful lucario, so I'll take it as it is.
Oh, I see. I personally didn't mind it very much, he's had worse behavior, so this one just felt very normal by comparison lol.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Oh, I see. I personally didn't mind it very much, he's had worse behavior, so this one just felt very normal by comparison lol.
Yeha I totally feel you there, he's always a brat so this comes off as normal :p lol jk jk.

Anyways, I honestly was really impressed with G-Farfetch'd in this battle, how he maneuvered himself. I think he just needs to work on the detail within his techniques and keeping balance and he'll be a little knight ninja. I think Sirfetch'd is the one I'm most excited for out of all the pokemon so far.

Also I hope Allister is just as strong as Bea, he'll be interesting to see in the anime. Since Bea is his counterpart, you'd think Allister would be just as top tier as her, and with a completely different personality, it'll be neat contrast.

Last note: With how Bea was **** talking Korrina, I wonder if that's how wars are started in the pokemon world lol.

Xuxuba

Last note: With how Bea was **** talking Korrina, I wonder if that's how wars are started in the pokemon world lol.
I wonder if they took some inspiration from WWC wrestlers. It's very common for them to trash talk opponents. Tho, her treating both Ash and Korrina as weaklings probably has more to do with judging opponents too quickly rather than putting up a show for television, which is most likely the reason why Ash got annoyed in the first place.

As we didn't see the girls actually fight, that makes me wonder how much of it was just Bea dismissing her opponents in general.

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
By the way this show rolls?
Country B: I'm the best and you're the worst. You're weak, undisciplined, naive and unfocused. Your pokemon lack skills and strenght. And you use shoes.
Country A: NANI?! (-insert angry average uninspired retort-)

Cues a centenary war/the show runs for 4 years.

dman_dustin

Just that "Im gonna battle and Im gonna win" type deal. I think Riolu needs to cool it off a little bit, but obviously this is all build up to him becoming an extremely powerful lucario, so I'll take it as it is.

What are you talking about? Riolu wanted to avenge Farfetch'd it wasn't some selfish thing, at least that is how I took it.

But of course Riolu/Lucario haters will make up whatver they want just to justify their undying hate for the species.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ouch. Ash got owned real hard, non-Champion style. It's been so long since he ha-

GOH, MY MAN, you got yourself a sweet *** Hitmonchan. But now you have to get the other Hitmon mons if you ever wish to get the full collection.

-s lost this badly. Then again, he totally could have avoided the worst of this if he had brought Dragonite at least.

Man, remember when Korrina was the **** because she didn't know any better, but then became just **** when she knew better? Now she's just straight pathetic and unimpressive. And this time, she keeps being beaten by people without Mega Evolution. It's like she absolutely needs Mega Evolution to even stand a chance.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Getting swept is Ash's worst outcome in a long time but he didn't do too badly. Riolu performed well enough but they did Farfetch'd dirty.

Red and Blue

Damn, a straight up sweep on Bea's side. Great battle and I love the way Grapploct was animated

Remix2

With bea being know for dismissing her opponents for being weak I wonder if her underestimating her opponents will come back to haunt her later in the series?

Lmao, the only thing impressive about Bea was her beating Korrina. I don’t know why people are so surprised with this result; Ash literally used two of his weakest Pokémon, one of which is quite literally the weakest Pokémon on his team(Farfetch'd)

Really, I’m not very impressed at all. If Ash had used Pikachu and Dragonite, he would have pulled off a win.

This reeks of terrible writing, which is normal for Journeys of course.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Getting swept is Ash's worst outcome in a long time but he didn't do too badly. Riolu performed well enough but they did Farfetch'd dirty.
100%

Like, I understand. Riolu is an important Pokemon, is a literal baby and needs all the focus it can get. I get that.

But I find Farfetch'd to be treated very poorly by comparison, and I hope to God he gets his own focus episode soon.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
With bea being know for dismissing her opponents for being weak I wonder if her underestimating her opponents will come back to haunt her later in the series?
If she has a rematch against anyone she defeated before? Probably. They'll have to make her minimally sympathetic eventually.

No subs yet, but, if I listened well, Ash got mad about Korrina be insulted, but he really flipped his schtik when he heard Bea's goal is fight Leon too (the final montage make that obvious, anyway). Now, it looks less about overconfidence and more about both he and Bea being petulant about their target. The difference is that Bea trains more competitively. Probably for IVs. Hers, not her mons.

Xuxuba

That is usually how it goes in this show. Trip, Skyla and Paul would know.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
What are you talking about? Riolu wanted to avenge Farfetch'd it wasn't some selfish thing, at least that is how I took it.

But of course Riolu/Lucario haters will make up whatver they want just to justify their undying hate for the species.
I just took it as it wanting to get into the battle because it loves battling, but I also couldn't understand what they were saying or anything. Even if it was to avenge Farfetch'd, its technically selfish to jump in carelessly because of your feelings when your trainer has a plan already set up. Not that I'm trying to argue that Ash should have used Pikachu and held back Riolu, I'm just saying that Riolu tends to come off as selfish and a brat imo.

I don't hate riolu, it's really cute! and lucario will be strong and Ash's powerhouse! Not my favourite pokemon by any means, and I don't particularly like this riolu's personality compared to say cameron's riolu, but definitely not a riolu/lucario hater. I've just noticed that Riolu likes to jump into battle and even if it was avenging someone, it's somewhat brat like to jump in when everyone else feels the same way.

I will admit I am a huge G-Farfetch'd fan though! Although he lost, I don't think they did him that dirty or anything when he had a great battle.